• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Doom Slayer vs Sekiro

Sir_Ovens

Resident Kitchen Appliance
VS Battles
Administrator
A portal opens in a barren field laid to waste. From it, a large and imposing figure steps forth. Across him is a man driven mad by his thirst for blood - a Shura - a Demon of Hatred. He readies himself to face his opponent, a slayer of demons. The Slayer racks his shotgun, another Tuesday evening.

The Slayer vs The Wolf

2016 Slayer and End Game Wolf. Speed equalized. Victory via SBA.

HD-wallpaper-doom-slayer-doom-eternal.jpg
Sekiro.full.2577642.jpg

Unless I've gotten something majorly wrong, Stats are like this:
Wolf is 15.93 Kilotons, basically a rounding error off of 16.

Slayer is anywhere between 10 to 28 Kilotons. I don't know which end of the calc is accepted.

Either way, the difference is only about 1.5x.

Speed is equalised, so realistically doesn't matter but both have amps.

Lifting Strength seems matched at Class G but I couldn't find the Slayer's calc, it sent me on a wild goose chase around the profiles which seemed to led to circular scaling. I believe it, but ehh.

Don't believe this will come down to a Stamina battle but Doomguy definitely has the advantage.

Oh is replying on older posts not allowed past a certain time frame? I thought VS threads didn't have a time frame?
nah you're not but since the stats haven't changed it's fine

Okay well this is a necro afaik, also not sure how Wolf gets past DG's passive fate manip
it only stops him from being permanently killed, Wolf can still kill him DG will just spawn in hell and be incapped

nah you're not but since the stats haven't changed it's fine
Thanks 👍
Generally if its like a month without a bump from someone though if stats haven't changed then its still viable I guess
Thanks as well 👍

Alright to get back to the match. Does Slayer have any notable equipment/abilities? I know his standard load-out but haven't played 2016 so I don't know much about this dooms equipment/abilities. On the category of skill, unless Slayer is some secret skill god, Sekrio should take that category pretty handedly. Also does Slayer have any way to bypass Sekrios immortality?

DG can naturally bypass Type 4 immortality just by killing things from what I see if that helps, he does have a pretty decent skill chain from that time he fought Goro Majima can try to find it.

Aight I've managed to find a skill chain for DG in an old match thread here
Thanks

I'd still say Sekiro has a pretty sizable lead in skill but not one that would give him any massive advantage. The Slayer usually goes for a more brawler style even when using his guns right? Even then he still better has long range options than Sekiro. Also does Slayer have any major Hax or anything of the sort? As of now it looks evenly matched if not leaning a bit towards Slayers favor.

The profile list two ages for him, one is in his late 20s and early 30s the other is Eons old, don't know which one is applied to 2016 Slayer

Alright, Then Slayer easily has more experience than Sekiro, and with some decent skill along with that? not looking good for Sekiro so far
Experience here wouldn't be equivalent to skill since DG spends 99% of the time fighting people way below him in AP.

Experience definitely goes to the Slayer and while I couldn't argue a skill debate to save my life, Wolf isn't a slouch. If I could, I'd argue he could keep up if not surpass the Slayer. At least with a sword.

The match description seems to indicate that they start rather close, I'd say within that 'tens of meters' mark. Considering range, if the Doomguy uses his Railgun for a major wincon the match won't be counted as it is faster than Speed Equalised Sekiro (Same with the Haste Ball). As previously stated though, he is much more likely to close the distance.

Despite his time period, Wolf has experience against opponents with firearms. Namely the Snake Eyes, Interior Ministry Red-Guards, and the Glock-Saint. While their weapons aren't as advanced he should be able to identify the Slayers weapons as he pulls them out instead of when they fire, giving him a chance to dodge instead of just blocking.
(While he is described as Shura here and doesn't fight the latter two, the profiles seem to composite Endgame Wolf anyway so, eh.)

Good Dodging and Deflecting combined with the Loaded Umbrella which Wolf can pull out in an instant should be able to withstand the Ballistic side of the Slayers Arsenal, at least until he closes the distance. Said Umbrella shield can defend from all angles while he pushes forward and the Mist Raven Feather can be used to teleport closer upon being hit by an attack. That being said, any Plasma Weaponry debatably just melts through his gear.

Sekiro has his own, albeit limited, arsenal of ranged options through his Shuriken and Dragon Flash. Though he's more likely to simply use them as harassing tools to get close.

While Melee combat is most definitely where the Slayer is physically strongest, Wolf's combat style is pretty much all about keeping his target on the defensive waiting for the one slip-up that will grant him the win through one or two Deathblows. That being said, Pressure Points are probably going to be a bit difficult considering the Praetor Armour's fully enclosed setup. Unlike the Armoured Knight, however, he has the advantage of having the Mortal Blade here which theoretically should be able to cut through.

If the Slayer has the higher AP, then Wolf isn't unaccustomed to going against foes who take a chunk more to kill. He has the Healing Gourd and Pellets to keep him running which will make killing him difficult even if he doesn't have access to his revives. But I would like to know the Lifting Strength value for certain. As if the Slayer does have an advantage it will make CQC much more dangerous.

Despite Sekiro being a Shinobi, the open field doesn't lend itself to Stealth, Slayer has Enhanced Senses and VEGA to spot Wolf if he tries. Though I'm not entirely sure how much help the AI provides this version of Doomguy.

Experience here wouldn't be equivalent to skill since DG spends 99% of the time fighting people way below him in AP.
Agree, should have explained that his experience wouldn't outclass Sekiros Skill in any way, but merely adds to Slayers list of advantages (Sekiro also got a bunch but im waiting for more arguments).

But I would like to know the Lifting Strength value for certain. As if the Slayer does have an advantage it will make CQC much more dangerous.
Both are Class G

Has Doom Slayer fought beings that have faked their death before reviving for a sneak attack? Cause Wolf can do that with some Bite Down, and he's not afraid to play dirty

Then DG can still just try to kill him again no? Their LS seems equal and DG does tear opponents apart IC too if that's worth mentioning

Wolf can teleport but idk if it'd work if he's being grappled. Pretty sure you can't teleport when he's grabbed in game afaik

I know, but the Bite Down is Sekiro killing himself. If he kills himself, he'll be able to revive.
Ah yes, sorry for the misunderstanding. Still I'd be prone to believe Slayer would be a least a tad bit suspicious that an enemy would just randomly kneel over and die at the beginningof a fight, especially with all of his experience fighting the supernatural and unorthodox, but I see your point, though it seems Slayer has some A.I. helping him in this key but I don't know how that would interact with the situation.

Ah yes, sorry for the misunderstanding. Still I'd be prone to believe Slayer would be a least a tad bit suspicious that an enemy would just randomly kneel over and die at the beginningof a fight, especially with all of his experience fighting the supernatural and unorthodox, but I see your point, though it seems Slayer has some A.I. helping him in this key but I don't know how that would interact with the situation.
I mean it's not even at the beginning of the fight, in can happen in the middle of it. These items that Wolf has can be popped at any time when in a fight. And again, any AP can can either be closed or overtaken with the combination of the Attack Sugar (even more so at the cost of his defense), Divine Confetti, and Combat Arts.

And again, any AP can can either be closed or overtaken with the combination of the Attack Sugar (even more so at the cost of his defense), Divine Confetti, and Combat Arts.
Gonna note that DG's AD is strong enough to put him on the level of Low 1-C peps very quickly so idk if stat amps are gonna matter much.

Back