• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kyoko Sakura vs Sekiro

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Bambu

Correct me if I'm wrong but we need to prove we actually use weather manipulation or lightning etc. As an actual attack to prove we scale right?

Because it doesn't do that.

Not all the time. As it says on the page there are plenty of ways to prove you scale- bringing in a storm physically (Kushala Daora, All Might) or using magic that you can funnel into other attacks are equally valid. But yeah I don't see anything to suggest Divine Dragon or Samurai Boi's storms are valid storm feats. It just shows up around them.

Genichiro is literally called Lightning of Tomoe and his 3rd phase is him commanding lightning but ok

Ye. Lightning, not the storm. I agree they're 100% using natural lightning.

Kyoko slaps him with her 50 megatons AP gg.

Seriously what kind of vote is that?

Basically he use that kind of argument because in game firecracker spam is so good to distract the opponent while continue attacking lel

He probably means that Sekiro could just spam firecrackers that stuns enemies and just stunlock Kyoko to death.

Anyway, until a CRT is made or something, I vote for Sekiro via stealth

Schnee One said:
So....
Should I make the CRT?
I'm working on it. I'm checking through the game to see if there's actually other reasonably good feats aside from "lollightningisathing". I'm fairly sure the dragon's sword KE would be pretty damn good.

Good thing Kyoko resists stun.

And good thing that she has the durability to survive the initial stab of the stealth kill

Why is the storm thing for Isshin or Genichiro not valid?

The storm disappears upon their death and they can harness the lightning at will and this is an ability of their's not just a gameplay thing

Well either way the dragon might have some stuff, the snake or karp may have stuff based on their sheer size and the demon of hatred might have stuff

The Deathblow technique has shown to be able to one shot enemies that are several times Sekiro's durability. One example would the Great Serpent, who is completely impervious to all of his attacks yet gets one shotted with a single deathblow. Same goes for most bosses and mini-bosses since they can tank several of Sekiro's attacks but get ripped apart by a deathblow.

Keep in mind that Sekiro typically aims for the chest which just so happens to be were Kyoko soul gem is located.

Also 6 to 7 clones don't mean much to Sekiro at all. He can infiltrate entire villages and cities filled to the brim with samurais, assassins, shinobis, gunners, and animals all of which have enhanced senses and not get spotted. And this is without using invisibility.

Paul Frank said:
Why is the storm thing for Isshin or Genichiro not valid?
The storm disappears upon their death and they can harness the lightning at will and this is an ability of their's not just a gameplay thing

Well either way the dragon might have some stuff, the snake or karp may have stuff based on their sheer size and the demon of hatred might have stuff
The storm is a feat for them, absolutely. It is valid. Just not for actual attack potency. Nothing suggest that same storm power would in any way scale to their physical power and so must be considered Environmental Destruction.

I thought about the Snake, since it seems bigger (I think?) but you don't ever really fight the snake in a fair fight, you stab it in the eyeball at one point and in the other time you just stab it in the brain.

Resistance to Status Effect Inducement

I'm fairly sure it's from one of the games as one of the status effects is stun iirc

Woohoo! Sekiro is on the wiki!

As for this fight? Definitely Sekiro via Shinobi Deathblow and the Mortal Blade.

Deathblows can be activated in many ways too, so if he somehow failed one, he can always perform it differently if necessary.

Stealth, breaking his opponents posture, Divine Abduction, Mikiri Counter...

Really I can't see Kyoko winning this fight. Especially given how outskilled she is.

Heck, Malcontent might work on her, what with the whole undead-spirit-in-a-rock thing she has going on.

Of course if Sekiro's tier gets changed then all of this goes out the window, but this is my opinion for now.

I do think that even if he isn't able to negate the gem with the mortal blade that he'd be able to figure out it's a weak spot pretty easy, considering it's notably different from everything else and the entire game has him finding openings and striking in vulnerable areas as an integral part.

Just want to point it out that the Soul Gem is actually more durable than the body. And Kyoko's (body) Dura is also above her own AP.

So, SG is not really a "weakspot".

Sekiro can identify sources of immortality with quite little knowledge on the people he kills. All he really has to do is shove the Mortal Blade into Kyoko to put her out of comission.

Kyoko can, you know, tank it.

She has dura over 8 times above his AP, and the Soul Gem is actually tougher than that.

That's also ignoring the fact that the AP gap is almost as big, that Kyoko is actually a very skilled fighter.

She also resists healing nullification, so that's a thing as well

Well apparently that is environmental destruction. The new feat is the KE from the Divine Dragon's sword swing which has yet to be calced.

@Kal What feat does Kyoko scale to? I found a 50 megaton one but that's only around 5.5 times stronger than 9 megatons, assuming that's the end of DMUA's calc used for Sekiro

Oh right, I remembered he was 6 megatons for whatever reason.

Still, 15 opponents that overpower him very easily should be more than enough to kill him three times.

Plus if he's getting revised it might be better to put this match on hold

The "weakness" is a gem that looks like a decoration, Is way more durable than Sekiro's AP, and y'all are acting like Kyoko is going to stay here and get stabbed when she's actually a very skilled fighter.

I honestly doubt he has what it takes to take out 15 opponents with a big stat advantage over him who, as I pointed out earlier, resist healing nullification anyway.

There is also the fact that she can use a clone to bait the stealth kill, the chances of Sekiro hitting the right person out of 15 are low at best.

You can fight a lot of beings that are physically superior to you, and also use stuff like the grapple to disengage at will.

How good's the healing negation resistance?

Fighting a lot of stronger beings doesn't really give much context. Heck Kyoko can fight a 5-C being, if we wanna go that route.

Also not suprised people are already calling the Soul Gem a weakness

Ofc you can, but 15 of them at once? Kyoko is perfectly capable of sustaining 14 clones, and a single one of them is a big threat for him.

What do you mean? She resists statuses that neg her healing abilities

Probably Sekiro tbh by a significant margin (Doesn't help that this is base Kyoko as usual, though then again she has gone up against Mami).

Though not sure how skill would help considering the massive range advantage Kyoko has, espically given how large magical girls can leap up in the air.

Kyoko is skilled enough to have a fair 1 vs 1 match against Mami Tomoe. Mami's feats/intelligence section should have everything relevant listed

She's trained and fought alongside Mami dozens of times and is well aware of what she is capable of, and even with her dupes and speed advantage she lost.

That fight is much more a feat for Mami then it is Kyoko

That goes for both, and actually, Mami was restraining her to limit the speed advantage (by placing ribbons to cut her everywhere).

Also it was a 1 vs 1 using a clone, if Kyoko used a dozen of dupes Mami would have lost.

Plus I think that if a decade of knowledge didn't help Homura, it's fair to say that it took skill on Kyoko's side to fight Mami on even terms with less than a year of experience

What are Sekiro's skill feats anyway?

Because there is got to be more than "Trained a lot, defeated another shinobi master" if he has genius level intelligence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back