• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kung Fu Panda - Po and Chi Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hulk's also had a far longer runtime spanning over 50 years. Paws of Destiny Po has been around for 2 parts of a season, and was amped by the wellspring for less time. Don't think that's a very good example.

It isn't as simple as a solid number. It also has to deal with if these feats are clear cut and aren't able for plenty of interpretation like the feats you want to buff, if these chi feats are more consistent in power than what they are right now, and if the KFP top tiers stop struggling with tier 9 or 8 feats

They very rarely struggle with those kinds of threats in Paws of Destiny when using chi.

Off the top of my head, they fought the Jade Tusk members without chi, they fought the elephant Apothecary without chi, they fought those thugs in Gongmen without chi.

They're just generally far more powerful and have the AP to stand up to these cosmic level threats when using chi versus using normal attacks, because chi is established as being extremely powerful.

Struggling against lava though with chi. plus all the other tier 9-8 struggles with chi.

Also, what you said is pretty consistent with tier 8 feats that are usually shown in KFP

The tier 6 feats weren't performed by God tiers. The God tiers are Dragon Jindiao and Full Power Po, who are massively above characters like Master Black Tortoise, who did the meteor feat, and normal Po, who did the cloud parting.

And that is why we have a "likely far higher" on their pages.

They still have problems with Tier 8 and 9 feats. So a bumping up to anything Tier 5 or above is an hard outlier. Like I said before, once their power levels consistently do more showings of someone in those tiers, we can upgrade, but for now, let's keep a "likely far higher" for their page

I honestly disagree with it being an outlier. If anything the lava thing sounds more like an outlier given that's the one time they struggle with something on that level using their chi, and it was at a point when the Wellspring was stolen so they couldn't access the chi from it.

Again, they always have problems with tier 9 to 8 opponents and threats. As Blue said, scaling them too far above that from diffuse outliers would be an enormous exaggeration and extremely unreliable.

This is getting tiresome and repetitive and is very unlikely to lead anywhere. Should we close the discussion?

Okay. You can ask a few to help out if you wish.

I've contacted all the staff members that know the verse (that I know of).

We have already gone through all of the arguments for why such an enormous upgrade would be a bad idea.

Alright, so. I looked up how much energy there is in the universe, and it turns out that it's actually close to 0 in terms of total energy due to the potential energy of expansion and and kinetic energies cancelling each other out. The KFP Spirit World is already infinite size, but it might be possible that you don't really need that much energy to escape from it, which does counter the whole "Jindiao escaping the Spirit World" feat. But at the same time, it had never been done prior, so it must take more than 0 power to do. I just went with infinite power because it was infinitely sized.

@JJ

Okay. Thank you for trying to be reasonable.

I don't doubt that Jindiao was a lot more powerful than the individual 5 constellations at the time, but it seems very unreliable to say that a making a very small hole in the wall of the Spirit Realm required power equivalent to that of its infinite entirety.

In addition, again, tier 6 is far enough above their regular feats as it is.

Nothing is going to happen here. We should just close the thread.

I was kinda hopeful maybe someone else coulda showed up, in favor of or against, to make it more conclusive.

I'm still a very strong proponent of some kind of upgrade, so I'm probably gonna try for this again someday, probably after some more PoD content comes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back