• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kung Fu Panda - Po and Chi Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that you are blowing up this situation to very exaggerated proportions, and completely misinterpreting my intentions, but I have to go to bed now. I have asked other staff members to take a look at this and hopefully help out.

@JJSliderman

Jeez dude, chill out. Ant asked for staff input, not shutting down the entire thread for the lolz. You're focusing on the wrong things in the posts.

Also, may I say, we have made our standards very clear in multiple pages listed in our Rules section. If you're still feeling that we're enforcing rules that aren't perfect, you gotta realize that is 20,000 pages too late. If our regulations aren't according to your standard, there are other wikis in this site that are, so you can join them instead of blaming us for stuff which is pretty much set in stone

If I don't see some calming down from you soon, I'm going to be very upset with you.
As much as I understand where you may be coming from, you need to make an effort to keep your tone in check. Being sarcastic and getting worked up isn't helping your case right now, and it's not going to do you any favors in the future either.

As for everyone else; worst case scenario, can we get more than one or two people to evaluate this so that we can come to a proper decision on whether or not this is worth pursuing? I can say from experience that one or two people skimming something like this is not going to yield a well-rounded evaluation, and I'd rather we cover all of our bases before we simply dismiss what's being said here. It sets a really crappy precedent. (Not that we haven't already made the mistake of setting that precedent in the past)

And don't escalate conflict any further, any of you. I don't want to have to come back here.

He also basically said "lol I'm never gonna accept this so that's that"

And I just don't really like how that can just be done, and that's that. It's very arbitrary.

He does that sometimes, yes. And he doesn't always have the best grasp of a given situation, because frankly, being the head bureaucrat means he has to monitor more threads per day than you've had hours of sleep this entire week.

I've already vouched for the fact that there needs to be more evaluation before this is dismissed. That's all I can do right now, and that's all I'm going to do right now. But if this conflict continues, I'm going to be doing a lot worse, to everyone involved. And if you don't calm down, I can't help you get what you want.

That is a fair assessment of the problem, yes. I cannot get too indepth regarding every single topic.

I've already vouched for the fact that there needs to be more evaluation before this is dismissed. That's all I can do right now, and that's all I'm going to do. But if this conflict continues, I'm going to be doing a lot worse, to everyone involved. And if you don't calm down, I can't help you get what you want.
Yes. It is best if others take over evaluating this.

Okay, I'll calm down.

I guess I was just kind of annoyed because I had to deal with this kind of debate stuff all week on DA, YouTube, and here, and I didn't understand why my points couldn't be taken seriously. I'm still not a fan of some of the practices or standards here, but I can accept it, for now anyway.

@JJ

Thank you for trying to be reasonable.

No problem. I am also a fan of the franchise, but in my case that tends to mean that having some knowledge about it turns me more critical regarding upgrades that seem too exaggerated. I am more interested in reliability than favouritism.

bump

Worth mentioning that Jindiao being trapped under rocks in the season's finale is an outlier, seeing as they were hurled by the giant spider guardian, who previously contended with base Jindiao.

Personally I still think Tier 4 or 3 is valid. I've explained my standpoint, and I don't wanna get heated again. So, idk, let judgement be cast.

Well, I just have the impression that the 5 Hero Chi pandas constantly have serious problems with tier 9 or 8 threats in general, so I can accept an explicit tier 6 feat, but I am not comfortable with accepting considerably more unclear feats that are ridiculously higher than that.

That said, I might change my mind with reliable staff input.

So, just to clarify the possible Tier 4 to 3 stuff so people can form a judgement:

-Po in Legends of Awesomeness contributed to the recreation of the Eternal Chord, which sustains the universe and prevents it from falling into a formless mass of chaos. He also helps a Yaoguai, who did the same thing but in reverse.

-Po fights Wellspring amped enemies, with the Wellspring's power being described as limitless, the source of all light in the universe, and allowing Jindiao to escape the Spirit Worls, a feat requiring more power than the Spirit World, which is infinite in size.

-Po and the constellations fight Sun Wukong, who created a dream dimension that maybe has a star. Although this could be an illusion, the point of the dream was to induce the worst fears in the characters, and Fan-Tong's fear was his shadow, which could only be created by a light source like a star, or maybe just perpetual daylight.

Legends of Awesomeness happened before Po's massive amplification with Hero's Chi. It has to be a chain reaction rather than raw power feat.

Jindiao only damaged a tiny part of the wall of the Spirit World, and escaped through it. It doesn't make any sense for a small portion of the wall to contain all the power of the entire infinite wall.

As you said, it was likely an illusion.

In addition, all of the characters constantly struggle with tier 9 to 8 feats, opponents, and situations, so it seems far too inconsistent to me to suddenly raise them to infinite power levels.

I contacted a couple more staff members who know Kung Fu Panda to weigh in on the thread.

Okay, time for me to give my input

For all we know, the Tier 3/4 feat may be a valid fear . That is irrelevant beyond my next point, which is that the feat is inconsistent. I can think of maybe 2 feats which stretch above Tier 9/8 in the franchise, and the characters are commonly threatened by such.

I just believe that in this case, we should err on the side of caution. The characters in KFP are clearly written with an idea of being Tier 9/8, what with them consistently having feats on this level. I do not support an upgrade.

I feel like they were written to be Tier 9-8 prior to the introduction of god chi, when KFP was still fairly grounded. Now the characters are basically magic gods who control the energy of the universe.

The series is still fairly grounded in practice though.

I gotta agree with ant and azoth here, the main cast are consistently displayed at tier 9 to 8 they should remain that tier. Now saying that if going forward we get more consistent feats on this level it can be re-discussed but for the moment I'm against the upgrade for being to inconsistent with the rest of the series.

The fact it seems like most of those feats could be interpreted in different ways that doesn't massively upgrade the cast doesn't help either. Sorry if this is overly brisque but reading through this whole thread has been a bit of a chore and I figured I summarize my thoughts in a concise manner.

There's an explanation for why they can be threatened by Tier 9-8 characters, and yet be much more powerful. The characters are much more powerful when using chi attacks than they are using physical blows, and they rarely use chi attacks on the Tier 8 or 9 threats. Stuff like Black Tortoise blocking the meteor also was fairly casual and followed up with the tier 6 cloud parting in the same series, so I'd argue Paws of Destiny is consistently higher than Tier 9-8 than the other way around.

Their combined chi attacks could very barely stop approaching lava.

Look I don't want to argue this further, to me its a clear case of not enough supporting feats and those feats having more then a single interpretation. We need to go with consistency, they consistently struggle with tier nine/eight.

As ant points out their chi feats seem incredibly inconsistent and the fact they fail to use it against tier eight/nine obstacles suggest to me the chi isn't consistently that powerful especially with the anti-feats of when they do use their chi against tier eight/nine obstacles and struggle rather then obliterating the problem.

edit apolgies if this came out confusing or rude I am exhausted and getting a bit busy atm.

That's because their chi they siphoned from the Wellspring had been stolen earlier and placed into the Red Jade. They were working on very limited chi reserves.

Yes, the tier 6 feat is far less ambiguous and exaggerated.

I'm not really sure how "source of all light in the universe" is ambiguous.

Maybe needing more energy than the Spirit World, but that's only depending on how much energy is in the Spirit World, not needing more power than it. They very clearly said you needed more power than the Spirit World to break out of it like Jindiao did.

Limitless power stuff may be exaggerated but it would corroborate with the Spirit World having infinite energy and Jindiao having more power than that.

Well, that is ants reasoning.

The other staff members reasoning for why their shouldn't be a tier 4-5-3 upgrade is because, even if the feat isn't ambigious. It is too inconsistent with a mostly Tier 9-8 verse. Tier 6 was accepted because everybody agreed this isn't the norm and is only for the god tiers like Po or Jindiao.

For example, Hulk has shown plenty of feats above Tier 4, with some of them going into Tier 1.

But Hulk is far too inconsistent so he stays at 4-B. Po has the same reasoning he won't go anything higher than Tier 6 until we get more cosmic feats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back