• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

KT's Yu Yu Hakusho Revisions Part 5: Suzaku's Lightning Arrows

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingTempest

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4.

Hey everyone.
I'm here to talk about another discussed topic in the past, although this one is... much more debatable.

This is to test the validity of Suzaku's lightning being lightning speed.

The order of threads here are so confusing that I don't know whether it's accepted or not, so I'll tackle it regardless.

Criteria​

Most electricity in fiction is not real lightning. Often it is supernatural in nature, and is possibly not even electricity. Therefore lightning is only accepted as such under certain circumstances.
  • Cloud-to-ground lightning is considered to be real lightning, as long there is nothing suggesting otherwise.
  • Lightning that has demonstrated at a minimum a few properties that real lightning has, and significantly less properties that lightning shouldn't have, can be considered real. Some examples of favourable properties are: making muscles of affected beings contract, having an (electro)magnetic field, being shown to actually move with a speed similar to lightning, flowing through conducting materials, the character being able to manipulate real electricity or electromagnetism in general, generating ozone or causing electrolysis.
Additionally, for calculations that involve lightning speed, one has to consider that the speed of real electricity can change due to a variety of factors, but for practical purposes, concerning attacks that are electricity-based, if they display power comparable to that of natural lightning, they should be considered to move at a comparable speed. It is required to show that the electricity carries an energy of at least 1.6 billion Joules or a voltage of at least 100 million Volts in order to qualify.

Followed Criteria​

Suzaku's lightning is lightning from the sky.
Makes Yusuke's muscles contract. Multiple times. And again.
I know this doesn't count as an electromagnetic field but the lightning can pull in wind.
As for 1.6 billion Joules, here.

Common Argument​

One argument is that the bolt is red. Lightning isn't red so it's not lightning speed.
It's red in the anime, which is a different canon now. It's yellow in the manga.

Another is that it's an outlier.
Hiei's feat has been recalced to MHS. It shouldn't be an outlier anymore.

Conclusion​

Suzaku's lightning should be used in the scaling

Last edited:
One argument is that the bolt is red. Lightning isn't red so it's not lightning speed.
It's red in the anime, which is a different canon now. It's yellow in the manga.
Furthermore
When lightning strikes, different particles will scatter this light and cause the strike to appear as blue, pink, purple, white or even a brown-ish tint. You'll sometimes see more pinks or greens during snowstorms, as snowflakes tend to bend the light more.

Also, since lightining is said to be hotter than the surface of the sun, wouldn't Yusuke have heat resistance more so from that?

Correct me if needed

Yeah, I agree with Tempest, he did repel some lightning bolts with using his shoes on his hands. And his surprise Spirit Gun concealed in his shoe hand was shown to move a near lightning speeds iirc. Or comparing the speed it traveled relative to the lightning should be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back