• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

KT's Yu Yu Hakusho Revisions Part 6: Reiki, Youki, and Seikōki

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingTempest

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5.

Hey everybody.
This next thread will be about the energy systems of Reiki, Youki, and Seikōki, and it will be intertwined with part 7. The next thread will be a thread about the classes of Psychics, Demons, and others, and whether we should have a physiology page or an energy system page.

Unlike other threads, I'll need help finding out the specific abilities that could be branched under Reiki, Youku, and Seikōki, so this will be heavily based on the comments.

Reiki​

Reiki, or Aura/Spirit Energy, is the flow of aura that surrounds the body. It is the energy from the human soul.

A small explanation on the above and why that is tied to Reiki and Youki.
When Pu was hatched, because it fed on Yusuke's positive energy, it turned into a harmless creature.
When Yusuke turned into a demon, Pu, who is tied to Yusuke's soul energy, it became a demon, specifically an underworld beast, alongside him.

It is invisible to those who can't sense Ki. As it is energy from the spirit, which is invisible, that is understandable.

Reiki can be used to pulverize rocks, or can mix it with life energy to heal.
Regularly, Reiki is applied to healing, even subconsciously, with more advanced Reiki capable of healing from being riddled with holes.
Reiki can be used to create small barriers around the users' limbs to fend off and deflect electricity.

Specific abilities falter when being used against people with potent chi, as Younger Toguro's soul absorption targeted against weaker Ki targets, and strengthening their exhausted and weak auras stopped their souls from being taken. The doctor's aura virus worked better on weaker targets and is slower on stronger ones because of the strength of their minds.

Youki​

Youki, or Demonic Aura/Demon Energy, is the demonic counterpart. In contrast, Youki is the evil energy from the soul.

Youki can also be used to heal, as Hiei regenerated a hole in his chest, Suzaku heals himself with his clones' Youki, and Kurama said to a random demon that he's never met before that he should use his energy to heal himself, implying that all demons above a certain level can.

Reiki and Youki are heavily tied to emotions, as Yusuke, a person who has a varying range of emotions, gets stronger whenever any form of emotional turmoil happens. Kuwabara's Reiki enhanced when the feeling of love entered his brain, even though he was about to die. Kurama and Hiei's Youki magnified when they saw Yusuke die, throwing them from B Class demons to A Class demons.

Reiki and Youki would get a plethora of abilities, with the only difference being Unholy Manipulation for Youki.

Seikōki​

Seikōki, or Holy Aura/Sacred Energy, is a type of aura that is like Youki, but holy.
It is the energy that is "holy", in comparison to "evil" Youki.
It cannot be sealed, and the barrier between worlds cannot stop it because it isn't evil like Youki.
It is said that the idea of angels may have arisen from seeing people use Holy Aura.
It can be used for the same applications as Spirit Energy.

It's the same as Youki except it'll get Holy Manipulation instead of Unholy Manipulation.

Conclusion​

These are the explanations on each energy system in the series, and discussion must be had on whether they're worthy to get pages or not.

Yeah I think this qualifies especially considering there are abilities and things that are innate to these systems that who have access to them share among equal grounds

I want to impose something as an addition for this thread, but I don't know whether I should make it here or in another thread.

But Yu Yu Hakusho characters should have NPI for 2 things
First of all it should be ghosts/spirits for obvious reasons. The energy is from the spirit and it can affect the spirit, and we've seen spirits attack other spiritual beings with Ki.

Second of all, it would be NPI for Abstract Existence.
The Spirits of YYH are capable of making contact with personified evil thoughts/abstract beings (Chapter 12)

So Non-Physical Interaction for Immaterial Intangibility and Abstract Existence.

Does Regeneration have a part in it along with Healing? And if so, would it still be "Mid-Low"? (Minus E. Toguro)

Does Regeneration have a part in it along with Healing? And if so, would it still be "Mid-Low"? (Minus E. Toguro)
It might tbh, since it's passive healing

Higher level chars might scale from Toguro if we can prove his high regen is due to his rank

It might tbh, since it's passive healing

Higher level chars might scale from Toguro if we can prove his high regen is due to his rank
Awesome. I ask because I came across a wiki saying that Hiei had his entire body incinerated by the Dragon of the Darkness Flame and regenerated from it soon after and absorbed it

I know that's a whole other subject, just throwing out some thoughts

Yeah I'm sure there's no evidence for it, just thought to bring something to the mix

But if you want to know what I'm talking about, this is where I got it

I don't know if this is an Anime only thing but there are some explicit statements of Reiki Being superior to Youki from some knowledgeable characters (Toguro comes to mind). So that would be something to possibly add.

I don't know if this is an Anime only thing but there are some explicit statements of Reiki Being superior to Youki from some knowledgeable characters (Toguro comes to mind). So that would be something to possibly add.
I believe that was only in the dub. The sub and original manga never mentioned it. Plus if Spirit Energy is "superior" to Demon Energy, than why is Spirit Energy more limited than Demon Energy?

I just went back and watched a few scenes in sub and holy shit, all those statements just went right out the window. Sucks because I far prefer the Dub's statements and general way of saying things.

He never made a distinction about one being superior. He said "Although demon energy may not always be superior to human Spirit Energy, it does always give a much more sensible placentation!". It really depends on the Class ranks but they're inherently equal in raw power within each rank with demon energy just having more varied uses. Though Reiki has never reached S rank as it basically becomes Seikoki at that point.

He never made a distinction about one being superior. He said "Although demon energy may not always be superior to human Spirit Energy, it does always give a much more sensible placentation!". It really depends on the Class ranks but they're inherently equal in raw power within each rank with demon energy just having more varied uses. Though Reiki has never reached S rank as it basically becomes Seikoki at that point.
So Sacred Energy is like a form of Spirit Energy?

Awesome. I ask because I came across a wiki saying that Hiei had his entire body incinerated by the Dragon of the Darkness Flame and regenerated from it soon after and absorbed it

AT9LsOa.png

Oh shit

Do yall think this is valid?

I don't remember that happening; and the closest I remember was Zeru who thought he incinerated Hiei when he merely "Incinerated" his robes worn by an afterimage. And that there may have been similar fight scenes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back