• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

KT's Yu Yu Hakusho Revisions Part 7: Hyperbole Page

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingTempest

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6

As we know, in part 2 it's accepted that Sensui does have planetary earthquake potential. This is accepted for the manga and anime canon.

I suggest we remove it from the Hyperbole page

Last edited:
The actual Hyperbole is more so the assumption that Genkai mentioning a single Spirit Gun blast could blow up the planet; though that is an Anime exclusive statement that is consistent with Anime version calculations. But Sensui shaking the Earth and could flatten its surface was accepted for both versions yes.

The actual Hyperbole is more so the assumption that Genkai mentioning a single Spirit Gun blast could blow up the planet; though that is an Anime exclusive statement that is consistent with Anime version calculations. But Sensui shaking the Earth and could flatten its surface was accepted for both versions yes.
ohhhh, but wouldn't the scaling support the fact that they could do that?

I've checked, it's removed
Not the Hyperbole, I'm talking about our discussion rules page.

Not the Hyperbole, I'm talking about our discussion rules page.
forgot about that

then this thread stretches out to that too

I misunderstood and only read the Hyperbole part; and for the discussion rule. I don't remember agreeing to removing it outright, but I did agree with rewording it to say the rule only applies to Manga versions as the Anime versions are different.

Also, I think it would be a good idea to link the various old threads/URLs where it was discussed.

Specify that it's for the manga alone
Also, I think it would be a good idea to link the various old threads/URLs where it was discussed.
Is keeping it even necessary at all? I would contend that this issue isn't something that warrants even having a rule anymore. It was added before discussion rules even had a separate page, and I couldn't even find the thread that added it despite extensive research. Back then, the standards for adding discussion rules were much laxer, and I don't see anyone still trying to upgrade these characters to 5-B. Kirby and Kingdom Hearts's rules were removed a while ago for exactly this reason, so unless you can prove that this is still a problem we need to regularly fend off, we should remove this rule.

I suppose we can live without the Discussion Rule since no one really tries to enforce it anymore and making the Anime/Manga counterparts separated combined with them having footnotes at the bottom and/or Headers at the top would suffice once they're made.
I'm fine w/ that
I have removed this rule. Do we have anything else to do here, or should we close this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back