• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kodoku Island Tournament - Ji Ning vs Reinhard

He did not know what the danger was or where it comes from. Otherwise the bottle wouldn’t have struck him and he wouldn’t have been poisoned. It’s only good for vaguely knowing if danger is about to happen. He doesn’t even know when it will happen… just that danger will occur. it’s only good for raising his blood pressure.
I think you didn't notice, but Ning was quite literally trapped inside of a formation (basically a magical barrier) when that guy attacked him and the poison bottle was disguised between his own attacks against a Ning who didn't have power sense to actually know the guy attacking him was weaker than him (and thus that threat weren't the white threads themselves, but the bottle hidden in them).

Reinhard has neither of these advantages here, Ning is free to move, has more experience, way better senses, actual ways to escape, etc.

I think people forget that just because a character fell for a trick once doesn't mean they will fall for it in every single situation.
So regardless of lethality or alert level, he will try to analyze the attack coming at him, he wouldn’t be able to know what is going to hit him so he will probably just attempt to block Reinhard’s tens of kilometers wide attack.
Which he actually has no reason to do when the alert is like, dozens of times stronger than the sure kill poison that used on him before (and mind you, Ning has perfect memory).
Planck claims he will teleport outside of Reinhard’s range which makes no sense cuz Ji is not aware of Reinhard’s range. But still can you show me when Ji has teleported to escape an attack larger than at least 20 thousand kilometers?
What? If he teleports and the danger sense is still triggering then he will just teleport more, that's common sense, if you're fleeing from danger you don't stop until you know you're secure.

I got the scan from this key we are using. Implying he obtained it on this key so in his 30s
The scan is quite literally in his first key (Zifu) and we're using the 2nd, so you're wrong there and the reference note for it gives Book 4 Ch18, Ning wasn't even a yet Zifu at that point.

I think you didn't notice, but Ning was quite literally trapped inside of a formation (basically a magical barrier) when that guy attacked him and the poison bottle was disguised between his own attacks against a Ning who didn't have power sense to actually know the guy attacking him was weaker than him (and thus that threat weren't the white threads themselves, but the bottle hidden in them).

Reinhard has neither of these advantages here, Ning is free to move, has more experience, way better senses, actual ways to escape, etc.

I think people forget that just because a character fell for a trick once doesn't mean they will fall for it in every single situation.

Oh so the poison and the white threads are all connected.

It's not about the guy who threw the poison, he sensed the poison itself which is the real danger but his danger sense can't tell him where the danger is coming from and of course his enhanced senses couldn't either due to reasons you have just said. Danger sense can only sense that danger is coming.

In the case with Reinhard, Ji will see the attack from Reinhard, and what will he do next?

He will either block it or teleport away from it. Ji doesn't know that this attack spans tens of kilometers and his teleportation has been shown (on the pages at least) to go within Reinhard's range. So you guys are practically saying Ji is just going to accurately guess where Reinhard's range is and teleport safely.

Which he actually has no reason to do when the alert is like, dozens of times stronger than the sure kill poison that used on him before (and mind you, Ning has perfect memory).

They are both sure kill attacks. The poison doesn't contain strength its dura negation.

The same feeling is what Ji will express against Reinhard's attack. Then he will block it or teleport away from it. He dies if he blocks it and he dies if he teleports to an arbitrary distance away from the attack without knowing how wide the attack covers.

Still haven't proven the attack can reach across the entire world, its not even on the page. And the time he used it to undo Puck's AZ doesn't even imply the entire world was effected by the AZ.

You saw what you tagged did you not?

Did I say the entire world?

The scan is quite literally in his first key (Zifu) and we're using the 2nd, so you're wrong there and the reference note for it gives Book 4 Ch18, Ning wasn't even a yet Zifu at that point.

Uh... isn't the scan we are referring to under Wanxiang Adept Tabber? I am literally looking at Greater Dao Seal as I am typing this post.

So are you saying the pages input the equipment wrong?

Also Planck has explained that he has teleportation by himself. But I’ve made arguments against that which you’ll probably respond to later.
Arguments against what? Sorry i think i missed it.
I didn’t really see the danger sense in the poison case you sent earlier, please show me.
It's the poison that was inside the bottle from the scan you sent, i just gave it to compare how massive Reinhard's explosion is in danger compared to it (and the danger sense was still going crazy).
Although I’ve seen when his danger sense heavily alerted him in another case. Where he was attacked by white horsetails or something. What happened after he got attacked?
Read above.
Also Planck says he has teleportation in this key. Just to be clear you know we are using only 2nd key right? 🤔. Anyway my argument against that is, long story short, Ji wouldn’t know what safe distance it is. So he most likely attempts to block and he has shown in his page at least to teleport within Reinhard’s range.
Lol, yeah i know we're using 2nd key.
yeah the primal twin is like 6-A or something.
Above Tournament AP limit.
Yeah it is Low 6B in this key, meh.
it’s a massive matter manipulation explosion that encompasses tens of kilometers. So coupled with his guaranteed hit blessing that Reinhard has. Ithe only way Ji escapes is through knowing Reinhard’s range and teleporting away from it which is not proven to be possible unless he has a very lucky guess
Does Reinhard even start with this explosion thing? How many times he actually used it in canon? Also, i really doubt you can couple an explosion with something that's accepted to be perfect aim or whatever, his guaranteed hit blessing wouldn't work even if it was probability hax btw because Ning has type 4 acausality.

And like, how many layers of resistance to soul hax does he have and what can he do against conceptual hax?

Oh yeah mb, his page still doesn't have that range lol. so the point still stands

Range: Kilometers, Tens of kilometers with Dragon Sword Reid

Also Celestial_Pegasus claims the puck-freezing-the-world scan is hyperbole apparently, I don't want to argue with him on it so I dropped it.

Uh... isn't the scan we are referring to under Wanxiang Adept Tabber? I am literally looking at Greater Dao Seal as I am typing this post.

So are you saying the pages input the equipment wrong?
What? I was talking about the scan you sent for his precog, it is in the precognition of his first key, we weren't even talking about equipment afaik.

I really do not know why this is not already clear.

Ji Ning's teleportation is his best hax for avoiding wide ranging attacks. With his senses he'd know something, at the very least is coming that's dangerous for him. His teleportation allowed him to teleport more than 10km away.

Couple this with precog, enhanced senses, and the fact his teleportation is done by just blinking, I really don't see the attack hitting at all. Also it's not like Ji Ning's dumb and just gonna throw up a barrier, teleportation is the simpler, and more viable option in such a situation

Oh so the poison and the white threads are all connected.
Yep
It's not about the guy who threw the poison, he sensed the poison itself which is the real danger but his danger sense can't tell him where the danger is coming from and of course his enhanced senses couldn't either due to reasons you have just said. Danger sense can only sense that danger is coming.
Yes, that's what happened.

Indeed, as a Xiantian (which means to level 2 cultivation, in simple terms) Ning only had life force sensing, this key here has power level sensing iirc, 360° vision and better senses overall + everything i listed before.
In the case with Reinhard, Ji will see the attack from Reinhard, and what will he do next?
He doesn't see the attack, he can only sense it. But sensing something that dangerous coming, using a teleportation seal is pretty valid actually or just avoiding getting close as much as he can.
He will either block it or teleport away from it. Ji doesn't know that this attack spans tens of kilometers and his teleportation has been shown (on the pages at least) to go within Reinhard's range. So you guys are practically saying Ji is just going to accurately guess where Reinhard's range is and teleport safely.
He has no reason to block it at all and also, avoiding explosions after they are activated is possible if you're fast enough yk, and Ning has speed amps.

Also, he doesn't need to accurately guess anything, he just has to go where his danger sense doesn't trigger.
They are both sure kill attacks. The poison doesn't contain strength its dura negation.
That doesn't matter at all? I don't get what you're trying to say here, deadlines increases the warning strength.
The same feeling is what Ji will express against Reinhard's attack. Then he will block it or teleport away from it. He dies if he blocks it and he dies if he teleports to an arbitrary distance away from the attack without knowing how wide the attack covers.
You didn't answer how likely Reinhard is even going to use it, and no, i will say it again but this really wouldn't be the same feeling and no way Ning would try to block an explosion that is literally screaming that will kill him.

I really do not know why this is not already clear.

Ji Ning's teleportation is his best hax for avoiding wide ranging attacks. With his senses he'd know something, at the very least is coming that's dangerous for him. His teleportation allowed him to teleport more than 10km away.

Couple this with precog, enhanced senses, and the fact his teleportation is done by just blinking, I really don't see the attack hitting at all. Also it's not like Ji Ning's dumb and just gonna throw up a barrier, teleportation is the simpler, and more viable option in such a situation
BRUH, why the quote on his profiles doesn't say the most important part? I could swear he had a feat like that for his teleportation but i didn't search for it in that same part

What? I was talking about the scan you sent for his precog, it is in the precognition of his first key, we weren't even talking about equipment afaik.

Ohhhh okay, then my bad.

But he still relies on the same thing does he not? In what sense has it improved?

Arguments against what? Sorry i think i missed it.

you've responded

It's the poison that was inside the bottle from the scan you sent, i just gave it to compare how massive Reinhard's explosion is in danger compared to it (and the danger sense was still going crazy).

And what I'm saying is that he will either try to block it or guess correctly where Reinhard's range will be, and for us to know he will guess correctly we need proof of him actually teleporting more than 20 kilometers. I have a feeling he has only gone about more than 10km. So even if he were to guess then he will only go about that range.

Read above.

Seen

Lol, yeah i know we're using 2nd key.

noted

Yeah it is Low 6B in this key, meh.

yah

Does Reinhard even start with this explosion thing? How many times he actually used it in canon? Also, i really doubt you can couple an explosion with something that's accepted to be perfect aim or whatever, his guaranteed hit blessing wouldn't work even if it was probability hax btw because Ning has type 4 acausality.

And like, how many layers of resistance to soul hax does he have and what can he do against conceptual ha

its one of his starting moves.

His soul resistance isn't up to Ji's. What are these soul and conceptual attacks called specifically? How do they work?

His soul resistance isn't up to Ji's. What are these soul and conceptual attacks called specifically? How do they work?
He thinks and your soul shatters. The concept manipulation basically locks the world around you and prevents you from doing anything.

Well, Reinhard wasn't supposed to face Ji but cuz it was unfair to obito, oh well... I knew he was going to lose this match eventually. Shouldve gone to round two at least.

At least then I would have enough time to research how Reinhard could resist and authority that is > Od laguna's blessings. I probably would've finished the series and been more informed on Reinhard.

But he still relies on the same thing does he not? In what sense has it improved?
It's the same power, but it scales higher now due to his soul being two levels above what it was when the feat happened.
And what I'm saying is that he will either try to block it or guess correctly where Reinhard's range will be, and for us to know he will guess correctly we need proof of him actually teleporting more than 20 kilometers. I have a feeling he has only gone about more than 10km. So even if he were to guess then he will only go about that range.
He doesn't need to guess correctly, even the starting distance is 4Km anyway so he will have a good starting point, and it will just literally take two blinks to get outside Reinhard's range.
He has both the Soulshaker, Soul Slayer and Soldiers of the Mind arts, they attack anyone he targets inside his Divine Sense upon activation.

The conceptual lock is called My World which is an evolution of a Dao Domain, it creates an area where he has control of the Daos (T2 concepts) and then nothing can move.

If we have guys in this tourney that just end up prevent others from doing anything then there was no point in deeming Obito match unfair, considering that’s literally Reinhard in Obito’s place rn 🙂

If we have guys in this tourney that just end up prevent others from doing anything then there was no point in deeming Obito match unfair, considering that’s literally Reinhard in Obito’s place rn 🙂
Well, Reinhard has insta kill as a first move with kilometers of range, he doesn't seem weak either.

Also, i am pretty sure Ning would defeat Obito even more easily than Rein (Rein has actual wincons)

It's the same power, but it scales higher now due to his soul being two levels above what it was when the feat happened.

He doesn't need to guess correctly, even the starting distance is 4Km anyway so he will have a good starting point, and it will just literally take two blinks to get outside Reinhard's range.

He has both the Soulshaker, Soul Slayer and Soldiers of the Mind arts, they attack anyone he targets inside his Divine Sense upon activation.

The conceptual lock is called My World which is an evolution of a Dao Domain, it creates an area where he has control of the Daos (T2 concepts) and then nothing can move.
Considering that Reid can cut concepts, shouldnt Reinhard have some level of resistance to conceptual attacks? Also how many layers of soul hax is that

Considering that Reid can cut concepts, shouldnt Reinhard have some level of resistance to conceptual attacks? Also how many layers of soul hax is that
Where on his profile does it say that he can cut concepts? Let alone Type 2 concepts?

In this key it's around 6 layers of soul-hax.

Back