• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Knowledgeable members about higher tiers & a new sub-forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
He/Him
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
@AKM sama @DontTalkDT @DarkDragonMedeus @SomebodyData @Celestial_Pegasus @Wokistan @Ultima_Reality @Mr._Bambu @Elizhaa @Qawsedf234 @ByAsura @Sir_Ovens @Damage3245 @Starter_Pack @Abstractions @LordGriffin1000 @Colonel_Krukov @SamanPatou @GyroNutz @Shadowbokunohero @Crazylatin77 @Jvando @Zaratthustra @Just_a_Random_Butler @ElixirBlue @Tllmbrg @Nehz_XZX @Dereck03 @Agnaa @JustSomeWeirdo @Theglassman12 @Crabwhale @Eficiente @DarkGrath @Moritzva @Firestorm808 @DemonGodMitchAubin @Everything12 @Duedate8898 @Planck69 @Armorchompy @CrimsonStarFallen @UchihaSlayer96 @Hop_Hoppington-Hoppenhiemer @Maverick_Zero_X @LordTracer @Emirp sumitpo @EliminatorVenom @Executor_N0 @Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan @Therefir @DMUA @Jasonsith @Migue79 @Psychomaster35 @CloverDragon03 @KLOL506 @Dark-Carioca @AbaddonTheDisappointment @Aguywhodoesthings @Agnaa @The_Divine_Phoenix @ZackMoon1234 @MistaClean @MonkeyOfLife @FinePoint @Propellus

Hello.

The other bureaucrats and I have talked about me creating a new sub-forum section where our members can create threads that ask for input help for properly creating new pages in our wiki for different verses.

Do you think that this is a good idea, and if so, what should we name this sub-forum, and what description text should we use?

Also, do any of you know which members of this community, staff or otherwise, that are most knowledgeable regarding how our highest tiers genuinely work? It would be extremely helpful for the proper running and maintenance of our wiki if we can write them down in our Knowledgeable Members List (Wiki Terminology) page.

Thanks in advance for any help. 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

I guess the a new sub-forum might help with getting more attention from other users and staff, and make it easier for users to see that a place for such help exists. Unless their is some negative that I'm not thinking of then I guess it wouldn't hurt to do so. It is an important factor for our wiki after all.

Page Creation Help is my idea, for a sub-forum aimed at helping people who might not be knowledgeable on the wiki, the simpler and easier to understand the better.

I guess I would describe myself as knowledgeable on the four Tiers. Though my experience with Tiers 0 and 11 is lacking because their not topics that are brought up to often.

I'm not entirely certain I understand the concept, so I'd like to ask for clarification.

Would the purpose of this sub-forum be for threads regarding help with making profiles within verses where certain special standards would be required? I.e.: profiles for verses that require particular notes, where certain aspects of the verse are shared across all profiles, etc. Like, to give a simple example, how all Marvel and DC pages require the note at the bottom linking to the powerscaling rules page?

Whether for that purpose, or if the purpose of this sub-forum is just for help with creating profiles in general, I'm not sure it needs to be a sub-forum in the first place. We have pages regarding standards and formats for profiles that anyone can refer to and follow, and if there are confusions about particular details, people can contact staff members for help or make a discussion thread. I don't know if there are enough cases where confusions about page creation could occur to justify making a whole sub-forum for it.

Perhaps adjustments to our existing pages on formats could help with this issue? For example, mentioning on Standard Format for (blank) pages that people are free to ask staff members and/or make discussion threads if there are any questions or confusing details about page creation?

I guess the a new sub-forum might help with getting more attention from other users and staff, and make it easier for users to see that a place for such help exists. Unless their is some negative that I'm not thinking of then I guess it wouldn't hurt to do so. It is an important factor for our wiki after all.
Yes, I also think so.
Page Creation Help is my idea, for a sub-forum aimed at helping people who might not be knowledgeable on the wiki, the simpler and easier to understand the better.
Well, I came to think of it recently and brought it up, as I am trying to become more proactive, but it is possible that I heard it from you originally and just do not remember it.
I guess I would describe myself as knowledgeable on the four Tiers. Though my experience with Tiers 0 and 11 is lacking because their not topics that are brought up to often.
Okay. Thank you for the information. It would be good if you write yourself down in the associated knowledgeable members lists then.

I'm not entirely certain I understand the concept, so I'd like to ask for clarification.

Would the purpose of this sub-forum be for threads regarding help with making profiles within verses where certain special standards would be required? I.e.: profiles for verses that require particular notes, where certain aspects of the verse are shared across all profiles, etc. Like, to give a simple example, how all Marvel and DC pages require the note at the bottom linking to the powerscaling rules page?

Whether for that purpose, or if the purpose of this sub-forum is just for help with creating profiles in general, I'm not sure it needs to be a sub-forum in the first place. We have pages regarding standards and formats for profiles that anyone can refer to and follow, and if there are confusions about particular details, people can contact staff members for help or make a discussion thread. I don't know if there are enough cases where confusions about page creation could occur to justify making a whole sub-forum for it.

Perhaps adjustments to our existing pages on formats could help with this issue? For example, mentioning on Standard Format for (blank) pages that people are free to ask staff members and/or make discussion threads if there are any questions or confusing details about page creation?
Well, it is intended to be a regular forum where our members can more efficiently bring attention to, ask for input regarding, and organise the creation of new wiki pages for specific verses, as it has been difficult to do so earlier in an efficient manner, and this would also likely help to create more high-quality pages for our wiki long-term.

Honestly, Hop enjoys the sound of this. Hop agrees with Everything12 FRA, including the name.

In addition, Hop cannot name any new or promotions for any members due to the >month absence.

Well, it is intended to be a regular forum where our members can more efficiently bring attention to, ask for input regarding, and organise the creation of new wiki pages for specific verses, as it has been difficult to do so earlier in an efficient manner, and this would also likely help to create more high-quality pages for our wiki long-term.
Hm, I see.

Yes, I can see the value in that. I can't imagine it would be as frequently used as the other sub-forums, but it would have enough utility in the circumstances where it is used to justify its existence. It seems like a positive change with few downsides; I'd be happy to support it.

Okay. Thank you for the feedback. 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

So it will be similar to a CRT except it is about creating a new verse?

I am fine.

Also, do any of you know which members of this community, staff or otherwise, that are most knowledgeable regarding how our highest tiers genuinely work? It would be extremely helpful for the proper running and maintenance of our wiki if we can write them down in our Knowledgeable Members List (Wiki Terminology) page.
Everybody, do not forget this request please.

I believe we used to have a page creation request on the wiki management board that got deleted, but my thoughts are similar to DarkGrath's in which I'm unsure in how it will turn out.

That would turn far too messy with many requests overlapping at the same time. It seems much preferably to start separate request threads for different verses.

Aye, think people can speak on such things already if they wanted to. A sub-forum would allow individuals to specifically search out such a place if they wanted, but I suspect the demand for that is relatively small and unworthy of a board in of itself.

I think this is a good idea overall, though I've definitely made my opinion on the artificial overcomplexity of high tiers clear enough in the past.

Aye, think people can speak on such things already if they wanted to. A sub-forum would allow individuals to specifically search out such a place if they wanted, but I suspect the demand for that is relatively small and unworthy of a board in of itself.
My long experience over the years is that there is a lot of ongoing demand from less experienced members for a place to start projects for different verses where they can find other members to collaborate with in order to create sufficiently high-quality character profile pages.

My long experience over the years is that there is a lot of ongoing demand from less experienced members for a place to start projects for different verses where they can find other members to collaborate with in order to create sufficiently high-quality character profile pages.
If a CRT-esque sub-forum can facilitate better page construction, I am in.

Thank you for the support. 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

Hello.

The other bureaucrats and I have talked about me creating a new sub-forum section where our members can create threads that ask for input help for properly creating new pages in our wiki for different verses.

Do you think that this is a good idea, and if so, what should we name this sub-forum, and what description text should we use?
So about this...

Thanks in advance for any help. 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏
And this...

These are both very important issues for helping this community to function more optimally.

I have already provided my opinion.

As for people knowledgeable on higher tiers, I can't name anyone that isn't already well known for engaging in that sorta shizz.

Well, I still think that a new sub-forum for input help regarding wiki page creations seems helpful and harmless to add.

Thank you for the reply. 🙏

Well, I suppose that the general consensus here is that it at least doesn't do any harm if we add an extra sub-forum for this purpose then?

Well, I still think that a new sub-forum for input help regarding wiki page creations seems helpful and harmless to add.
Well, I suppose that the general consensus here is that it at least doesn't do any harm if we add an extra sub-forum for this purpose then?
@AKM sama @DontTalkDT @DarkDragonMedeus @Mr._Bambu @Celestial_Pegasus @Wokistan @Ultima_Reality @Elizhaa @Qawsedf234 @ByAsura @Sir_Ovens @Damage3245 @Starter_Pack @Abstractions @LordGriffin1000 @Colonel_Krukov @SamanPatou @GyroNutz @Firestorm808 @Everything12 @Maverick_Zero_X @Crabwhale

Okay. Thank you for the reply. 🙏

I don't have much of a solid opinion on this. I don't have any real issues with a sub form, though don't think it's really needed. If majority want one then be my guest.

Basically just a place to gather people interested in helping out with work groups for creating sufficiently high-quality new verses and character pages in our wiki.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back