• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kirito vs Link Redone

Oh. Shit, I didn't look. The guys over at the SAO thread said this should've been redone first.

My apologies. Which version of link would be more suitable?

A link between worlds, twilight princess, minish cap, wind waker, ocarina of time, or adventure of link versions would do. Just try to find the strongest version out of all the High 4-C versions.

Alright then. So kirito will start off with freeze but obviously someone is gonna come in and say he Resists or whatever so that will make kirito think he's a threat to underworld and spam quinella's hax.

Does link resist law, power null and etc

HyperNepsy said:
Alright then. So kirito will start off with freeze but obviously someone is gonna come in and say he Resists or whatever so that will make kirito think he's a threat to underworld and spam quinella's hax.
Does link resist law, power null and etc
Show a scan where he's spammed that hax. Master Sword resists triforces magic and such so power null won't do anything, and the way Kirito would be able to use law from what I understand would begin a skill battle which Link is winning in.

Link has a spell made to reflect magical attacks, so Kirito attempts freeze and it gets reflected back at him. Link could just transmutate, he can also chuck silver arrows to negate any regen. He also has invulnerability to most form of physical attacks so Kirito can't kill him physically.

"and the way Kirito would be able to use law from what I understand would begin a skill battle which Link is winning in."

Kirito in this key has ~200-400 years of experience in combat.

And from scans people shown me, he doesn't use it remotely well. It's like humpty dumpty from Shrek who has 1000 years of experience yet he pulls the most basic martial arts moves. Also technically Ganon by this point in the timeline is around 500 years.

Kirito has passives barriers that I'm not sure if Link's arrows can bypass.

What can Link do againts Incarnation again?

Kirito can also spawn objects inside of people, not sure if this bypass his invulnerability, but at least negates dura.

Describe how the passive barriers work and where they came from cause I see nothing on his profile atm that says passive barriers.

I don't see anything of Kirito's incarnation that's going to really help here. How far does it increase the range of his attacks? Transforming into his SAO avatar isn't going to change anything, and Link has fought flying enemies/has tools to fight flying enemies.

He has the same triforce as Ganon who survived impalement from a holy weapon literally meant to kill him because he has the ToP. Also does he use it in-character + how does it work?

Also I made a mistake, this Link doesn't have the master sword in this incarnation, he has the magical sword. So changing one part of my wincon around. While Law Manip would affect him the way he uses Law Manip from what I see is making it so both sides are power null'd in which that means it's a pure skill fight since triforce of wisdom and power are an unquantfiably amount stronger then Zant. Link has fought Ganon with 500+ years of experience by this point in the timeline, outsmarted and skillfully defeated a group of moblins attacking Impa which Moblins are regarded as being as trained as soldiers, etc. Plus Link can use non-hax weaponry and range spam. This is in the unlikely scenario Kirito uses law manip since it hasn't been shown he opens up with that in-character.

So my other wincons are still in effect, I just dealt with that part.

The passive barriers come from Incarnate Blades and they protect Kirito from weapons preventing damage from them, I don't know how else to describe them.

When I mentioned Incarnation, I was mostly refering to the probability manip, he just wills for higher chances in succeding in the fight.

He has use it, and works by generating blades in someone's heart.

Kirito can also get stronger with Night Sky Sword + Sword Skill amps. Kirito can also transmute Link into a tree or another object.

The things listed of Incarnation on Kirito's profile barely scratch the surface of it. Incarnation, described simply, is the ability to defy/surpass the system itself and rewrite the laws of the world to one's favor via pure willpower and imagination.

For example, after Asuna died, and got stabbed, he resisted death itself for a few seconds just so he could kill Kayaba.

Kirito, like described before, has/can also generate blades in someone's heart, create wings to fly, resist death, ultra-stat amp'd, create objects out of nothing, sub-consciously regenerate body parts, break free of admin-level status effects, probability-manip, create invisible blades and arms, imagination-barriers, transformation, etc.

What level of weapons.

That doesn't auto give him a win and it requires the user from what's described to be a stronger opponent. Their AP seem around the same, if anything Link's is somewhat lower.

I never asked if he uses it, I asked him if he uses it in-character. Ok yeah, invulnerability can counter that.

How does he his transmutation works?

@Kurooiha

From the examples you listed for how Kirito has used it, he still dies irregardless afterwards and his final attack wouldn't even do anything to Link due to his invulnerability. Also the death he resisted was standard death, what about incap or death via getting hit with an arrow that negates your regen and turns you to ash? Generating blades gets countered by invulnerability, flight . I explained, stat amp would be helpful if Link primarily fought physical, which objects specifically and what can they do to invulnerability? Silver Arrows negate regen, so can deny status effect inducement, from what I saw on the profile he needs you to be stronger, invul + triforce of wisdom's divine wisdom, imagination barriers do what? I know you wasn't outright arguing these wincons and just helping explain incarnation, just sayig what I see Link can counter from there.

GiverOfThePeace said:
What level of weapons.
^What levels can it block. Kirito dodges a couple possibly but Link not only has other ways to stop him from moving but can transmutate him and proceed to silver arrow him.

Sorry for my ignorance, but what does "level of weapons" means?

Imaginary barriers block attacks, like every barrier does. How does Link's transmutation works anyway?

I just remembered that Kirito's transmutation works by stabbing his opponent, so probably it won't work, but he still has Quinella's transmutation.

Nah I probably didn't word it right. Basically what AP has he shown to block with his forcefield?

Same question as passive barrier then and not every barrier blocks attacks, but semantics. He casts a spell that transmutates everyone on screen into blots.

Does he use Quinella's transmutation in character and how does hers work. There's also reflect spell that reflects all magic attacks back.

He has block attacks from people with similar AP.

He doesn't have a way around the transmutation aside from nulling it with lawhax.

I don't remember him using Quinella's, so probably not. Does SAO abilities really count as magic? Maybe Realease Recollection, but I'm not sure about others.

Ionliosite said:
He has block attacks from people with similar AP.
He doesn't have a way around the transmutation aside from nulling it with lawhax.

I don't remember him using Quinella's, so probably not. Does SAO abilities really count as magic? Maybe Realease Recollection, but I'm not sure about others.
So people that are High 4-C?

Does he use lawhax in-char?

What SAO ability does he have here that counters Link? Any of the relevant hax used here is used in the magic-based games.

I mean, in other keys was like that, in this key should be the same.

I honestly don't know, people says he will use it, I even saw DMUA saying it, but I can't recall Kirito using it, so at this point I don't know.

I didn't say that he has an ability to counter Link's, I just asked something, and the answer apparently is yes.

Link beat Kirito when he got oneshot. Now Link oneshots back. Also, if this is AOL Link, why is the topic listing composite link?

Back