• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kirei Kotomine VS Roland Deschain

Roland can probably survive Angra Mainyu's mind melting properties, but there's still the whole body melting thing. His durability seems higher than Kirei's feats, but Angra Mainyu and Black Keys both negate durability to varying extents. On top of that, Bajiquan is focused on dealing internal damage, not external damage, so it'll be able to circumvent that (kind of) as shown by Kirei during his fight with Shirou. That being said, a single shot from his revolvers could badly injure Kirei if he hits; though Kirei is quite good at dealing with firearms, and could survive the with Mantra Boosts.

Given the starting range is pretty strongly in Roland's favor, he could take Kirei out from a distance, but if Kirei gets into melee range, he'll probably win due to his martial arts ability combined with the effects of Black Keys.

I dunno, overall.

I remember him deflecting bullets from Kiritsugu in their fight, true enough. But yeah, Roland's guns are ridiculous and would probably tear off his arm if he tried doing that without Mantra Boosts in effect.

In any case, is that a vote for inconclusive?

Oh, about Angra Mainyu. I saw the bit about willpower being enough to resist it. Remind me again how long Kiri was able to stave it off?

EDIT: Shirou, not Kiri.

I can't remember the specifics and I don't have the time to find the scene right now, but it's for like... a few minutes, maybe? At most, before he expels it with Avalon.

Well, I was wondering about that due to Roland's willpower having been shown to be pretty far up there in his series. Just curious how much time that could buy him should Kirei's AM connect with him.

There's actually a moment from The Drawing of the Three which sums him up in this area quite well:

__

He had parted half the strapping tape. When the old woman spoke his hand jerked a little and he saw a trickle of blood run down his belly.

"Shit," Eddie said.

"It can't be helped now," the gunslinger said in his hoarse voice. "Finish the job. Or does the sight of blood make you sick?"

"Only when it's my own," Eddie said. The tape had started just above his belly. The higher he cut the harder it got to see. He got another three inches or so, and almost cut himself again when he heard McDonald speaking to the Customs agents:

"Okay, you guys stop right there."

"I can finish and maybe cut myself wide open or you can try," Eddie said. "I can't see what I'm doing. My ******* chin's in the way."

The gunslinger took the knife in his left hand. The hand was shaking. Watching that blade, honed to a suicidal sharpness, shaking like that made Eddie extremely nervous.

"Maybe I better chance it mys—"

"Wait."

The gunslinger stared fixedly at his left hand. Eddie didn't exactly disbelieve in telepathy, but he had never exactly believed in it, either. Nevertheless, he felt something now, something as real and palpable as heat baking out of an oven. After a few seconds he realized what it was: the gathering of this strange man's will.

How the hell can he be dying if I can feel the force of him that strongly?

The shaking hand began to steady down. Soon it was barely shivering. After no more than ten seconds it was as solid as a rock.

"Now," the gunslinger said. He took a step forward, raised the knife, and Eddie felt something else baking off him—rancid fever.

___

If AM connects by itself, he could probably fight off the effects for the few minutes that Shirou did. Maybe not longer, but a comparable length of time at the very least.

This seems like "whoever acts first wins" what with Kirei and the black mud body melting shenanigans + Black Keys and Bajiquan + Mantra Boost may help Kire in taking this.

On the other hand Roland seems to have advantage in range and guns if hit, can easily **** up Kirei and hinder him from fighting with his best capabilities.

Inconclusive for me

Back