• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tricky the Clown vs Roland Deschain

Peppersalt43

They/Them
ALTERNATE TITLE: CLOWNS AND COWBOYS

So, remember that time when I said that Roland might just play a bigger part on the saga? Yeah it's happening quicker than you think. Normally I'd do Tricky matches with @Comiphorous' format but I have an important story to tell.

Like seriously, this really important for the arc. I would genuinely be really sad if this is a stomp
● ------------------------------------- ●
Ironwood stood in the dark open land, a carpet under his feet and automatic torches lighting this grim horizon. Yet most disturbingly were the faces in the dark, only appearing in the corner of his vision. Most of the times they were simple white eyes that blinked in and out of existence but other times, maddening bone-white faces would emerge and sink back or at least, what his mind comprehended to be faces.

"Enjoying your stay, general? Apologies, if I took too long. You know it's polite to serve my guests" Charlie greeted, a dark gray pie with a miserable dark face painted on the top pastry.
"It's also impolite to stare" Ironwood replied, turning to face Them.

"Not much you can do about Them. For now, all you can do is simply enjoy your stay, regardless of the circumstances".
"What exactly is this meal called?".

"Grim Galette" Charlie replied with a grin, earning a soul-piercing stare from her guest. Before anything could escalate, the tension was quickly cut with a knife or in this case, a sickle. A single sickle-wielding hand pierced through the dark, seemingly exiting Them. One of those white eyes belonged to someone, someone with a physical humanoid body, and a name.

"As much as I would enjoy a bloody death in the dark, you are more useful to us alive than dead, general. And for that reason, I must cut this tension" Noob Saibot greeted, shoving his sickle back into his chest "You may call me Noob Sai-".
"Bi-Han. We all call him Bi-Han" Charlie cut him off.

"As much as I would love to meet the entirety of your employer's board, I still have much work to do" Ironwood said.
"Oh this is the only one. He works for me" the empress replied.

"I was promised my own clan of dark entities which I will lead, not just be an unrecognizable part of" the dark ninja added. The sound of metalworking in the distance soon cut off their conversation. Right next to them, the carpet pathway breeched off into a separate section, the lit torches indicating that someone was there.

"Admittedly, I am unsure of Ms. Wu's capabilities. She has her qualities sure, but to lead? It is a daunting task" Ironwood commented.
"Indeed, and to give such a role to a female? We'll fail for certain" Noob Saibot added.

Everyone around him quickly turned their attention to him, as do the white eyes and incomprehensible faces poking out of the dark, all to tell him "What the hell is wrong with you?!". Before anything worse could happen, Marcy's voice could be heard from the workshop, calling the group in. Picking up a torch, she proceeded to lead her teammates into the dark, walking seemingly aimlessly until...

"We're here" Marcy said, a tinge of regret in her voice. The torches in the area did not light up despite their presence, forcing the ranger to light them up herself. On the ground was a sealing circle, marked chains protruding from the ground and contained in it was a bipedal dragon with turquoise scales.

"I had to learn a few things to keep from escaping, and even more to keep him from escaping" Marcy explained as she loaded her crossbow "Due to his role as an employee, he is inherently capable of resurrecting upon death. It took a while to counteract it but for now, he's not escaping".
"No more... Please, no more..." the portal drake begged.

"I'm sorry, you know I am, you know why I'm doing this. I promise, this one time. You won't come back for a while" the ranger said, her arm quivering as she aimed her crossbow at the former maintenance worker. With a click, an arrow flew straight through his head, blood splattering over the summoning circle though due to its nature, none of it could stain it and the glowing sigils hid the dried blood hidden underneath. With the deed done, Marcy began to count down, 1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi, 3 Mississippi, 4 Mississippi... Her voice quivered and she fell to her knees, her hands over her face as she broke down in tears.

"How many times have you killed him?" Noob Saibot asked.
"Enough to know all of his tricks and counteract them" the ranger replied somberly, her hand hovering over the rose on her shirt, her body shuddering as They stared at her

Do you know the milgram experiment? On how horrible we can all be as long as someone with power over us tells us to do so? How easy it is to justify that it's not your fault when you're the one pulling the trigger... But I didn't just pull the trigger, I came up with all of this, I made this horrible device, this damned thing all so I wouldn't get hurt! Anne and Sasha, they'd never stoop so low no matter what happens! Why can't I be like them? Why can't I just be stronger!?

In her breakdown, she felt a cold hand over her shoulder, its grip firm yet not crushing or painful as Charlie's usually was.

"You aren't just being commanded by a superior. Your physical well-being was at risk. I've seen my own men, my friends... turn on me despite what I may hold against them. Despite what I've done in the past, I'd never hurt them... Until the incident" Ironwood comforted as he helped Marcy up.

"Ms. Wu, you are not to blame for this".

"By the way, what have you done?" Noob Saibot asked.
"Well, I stalled his resurrection. He'll be back here in an hour. I can make it last for 12 which should be enough to take over the place once the time is here" Marcy explained.

"How did you make this?".
"A past incident enlightened me. With some connections, I managed to get some more research".

In the field of crimson flowers, the gunslinger trudged through, the dark tower in sight and the imprisoned artist behind him. As with every single cycle, there would be one last hurdle before his endgame.

But it was different this time.

Crimson filled his vision but not from the source he expected. Descending from the sky littered by error warnings, a demon in the form of a clown floated, its screeches barely comprehensible. While seemingly yet another monster, he did not know it to be a result of his own actions all those cycles ago when he saw evil in the rose on that young woman's shirt.

And now he faces the consequences of an action he could not remember.

• Regular Tricky used
  • Speed equalized
  • Place Located in: The Dark Tower's exterior
natali-hall-25c6e9f7-3b6f-444d-b573-640264415673.jpg

d4psdk7-7272d3b0-8bd0-424e-8940-b0ce0f0b9e60.jpg

VS
the_clown_has_been_engaged_by_woari-d5emtg2.png

Last edited:
He can definitely absolutely permanently kill Tricky if he kills him at first, but considering Tricky's speed I doubt Roland could actually land a shot, and he don't have any resistance to any of the PID effects so, leaning towards Tricky

He can definitely absolutely permanently kill Tricky if he kills him at first, but considering Tricky's speed I doubt Roland could actually land a shot, and he don't have any resistance to any of the PID effects so, leaning towards Tricky
Can his immortality negation negate type 8? If not he’ll resurrect regardless, since it relies on the higher powers.

tricky should be able to function without a head (far weaker zeds have shown to do this) so putting tricky down permanently is gonna be an issue.

Can his immortality negation negate type 8? If not he’ll resurrect regardless, since it relies on the higher powers.

tricky should be able to function without a head (far weaker zeds have shown to do this) so putting tricky down permanently is gonna be an issue.
Rolan can negate Los' immortalities
of which he has
Immortality (Types 1, 3, 8 and 9), Higher-Dimensional Existence, Large Size (Type 10), Regeneration (High-Godly; stated that his form would be "set free" by the collapse of the Dark Tower and the subsequent destruction of reality as a whole; can regenerate from complete narrative erasure)

Rolan can negate Los' immortalities
of which he has
Ok, so yeah he can.

so I guess the problem is tricky actually dying, since that’s really hard to do even without his resurrection

tricky is gonna amp (not to blitz per usual) to start and go CQC. What’s the gunslinger gonna start with?

yeah that's what i said, Roland will have a insane difficulty tryong to actually hit tricky, and he'll have to do that while being constantly affected by the PID, I think I'll vote Tricky for now

yeah that's what i said, Roland will have a insane difficulty tryong to actually hit tricky, and he'll have to do that while being constantly affected by the PID, I think I'll vote Tricky for now
He cannot control the effects of the PID, although it has weaponized itself on pure chance. I wouldn’t say it’s a 100% chance that’ll be a problem for him, but it’s pretty likely he’s going to be thrown around with gravity manip.

for now, voting my man hofnarr

Uh, yeah. He stopped someone from being resurrected by someone else. Outside sources does not matter
Tricky is capable dodging gunfire from multiple armies at the same time, so he could probably dodge the bullets
We kinda discussed it in this thread but here's his accuracy feats. The whole thread's kinda important

I’m on mobile could you summarize what goofy shit he did accuracy wise-
Wait you're telling me you can't read on mobile?

*Can reload fast enough to fire his revolver like an automatic gun
*Killed off an entire village that was shooting him down without missing a single shot
*Shot down a danmaku of homing projectiles, without missing off course
*Accuracy remains the same even at his maximum listed range
*Can ricochet bullets to hit things out of his line of sight and retain his usual accuracy
*All of this while maintaining his crazy firing speed

Wait you're telling me you can't read on mobile?
It’s fairly inconvenient.
*Can reload fast enough to fire his revolver like an automatic gun
*Killed off an entire village that was shooting him down without missing a single shot
*Shot down a danmaku of homing projectiles, without missing off course
*Accuracy remains the same even at his maximum listed range
*Can ricochet bullets to hit things out of his line of sight and retain his usual accuracy
*All of this while maintaining his crazy firing speed
How fast he shoots shouldn’t be a problem. Tricky was capable of fighting off Project Nexus’ army of clones that are usually armed with machine guns and mini guns, and along with that he was fighting another army and a zed horde. He should be able to handle that

Not only that, but I’m pretty sure he has a tac bar which would negate any chances of him shooting tricky without draining that bar dry

How fast he shoots shouldn’t be a problem. Tricky was capable of fighting off Project Nexus’ army of clones that are usually armed with machine guns and mini guns, and along with that he was fighting another army and a zed horde. He should be able to handle that

Not only that, but I’m pretty sure he has a tac bar which would negate any chances of him shooting tricky without draining that bar dry
Instinctive action works I suppose. How many uses does it usually have? And does it get drained faster with individual bullets or volleys of them?

Instinctive action works I suppose. How many uses does it usually have? And does it get drained faster with individual bullets or volleys of them?
Tac bars vary with its user. Something like an automatic gun won’t kill his tac bar fast enough before tricky gets close. (People inferior to him are able to dodge minigun fire with ease, and not too much of a detriment to their tac bar) even if Roland breaks it, it regenerates pretty fast and can out maneuver bullets himself.

Tac bars vary with its user. Something like an automatic gun won’t kill his tac bar fast enough before tricky gets close. (People inferior to him are able to dodge minigun fire with ease, and not too much of a detriment to their tac bar) even if Roland breaks it, it regenerates pretty fast and can out maneuver bullets himself.
Roland's best dodge feats is dealing with people comparable to him in skill (Meaning those main villains who can dodge his shooting) so there's that I guess

Roland's best dodge feats is dealing with people comparable to him in skill (Meaning those main villains who can dodge his shooting) so there's that I
Tricky's main skill feat was stomping the two skill gods of the verse, so idk if roland could 100% keep up with tricky.

he definitely has wincons, negging his immortality is really gonna **** him up. but i cant see Roland keeping up with Tricky's sheer offense he can throw out

Back