• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marcy Wu and Sasha Waybright vs Roland Deschain

Peppersalt43

They/Them
ALTERNATE TITLE: CALAMITY IN THE DARK TOWER

I would have loved to do this with Eddie and Susannah but they don't have profiles so here's the second best thing.

Also Roland might end up playing a bigger part in the spammed character saga. I'm just waiting for @Jackythejack to finish with the Kino CRTs because he's gonna be coming from that.
● ------------------------------------- ●
The gunslinger climbed through the stairwell, passing by many doors, some opened and some not. Those that were revealed glimpses he could recognize yet the act of climbing this tower itself eludes him. Had he known of the truth, he would have stopped before he reached the end, less he be thrown back to that desert back at the start of his journey, once again following the man in black without any memory of his previous journeys. Yet this time, one of those doors intrigues him. This has happened in certain loops with this particular door being opened though the ending of his journey always remaining unchanged.

But for the denizens of this door's realm, such a visitor is always a treat to greet.

"Welcome back, Deschain!" the death knight greeted, startling Roland a bit.
"Have I been here before?" he asked.

"I can neither confirm nor deny".
"Well, it was nice meeting you here. But this is not the end of my path".

"Then why not take a small rest. You've battled quite the deity on your way here. Not to mention walking up that tall flight of stairs. I'll keep this open if you need to get out".
"I'll keep my eye on you".

Walking into the main room, he once again encounters faces who have met him though to him, it was the first time. They've gotten used to his sporadic appearances, greeting him as if he were a new visitor every time. He usually leaves after a few minutes and nothing much goes on, as they hoped.

However, that was not how it'll go this time

"And then I started going ham on it with power tools! The thing never stood a chance!" Rainbow Dash explained.
"Well, I guess that's one way of taking down a giant robot. Pretty sure I can think of a few others..." Marcy replied, making a sketch of the Victory Bot based on description.

"Yeah, but will it be as cool as unmaking the thing? I don't think so" Sasha added, being the one to visit her friend this time.
"You know, Marcy said that you two went through a lot trying to find her. Did you get into any cool fights?" the blue human asked, somehow standing very close to the warrior compared to a few seconds ago.

"Eh, nothing as cool as a giant robot or evil supervillains. I fought some mafia leader with a sword once, though she was the one who took Marcy".
"Really?! Was she good?!".

Sasha proceeded to roll up her sleeve, revealing some burn marks on her arm and a stitched wound on her shoulder, earning an expression of amazement from Rainbow Dash and one of pity from Marcy.

"Sashy, you shouldn't have! Oh my gosh, I did this. I did this to you, it's-" she trailed off before being snapped out of her guilt.
"Marcy, listen to me! I did this because I cared about you. Anne and I, we'd do anything to make sure nothing bad happens to either of us. If I had the choice, I'd do this the exact same way I did before" Sasha explained.

The two sat back down again, ready to continue their conversation. A looming shadow however caught their attention, the gunslinger now looming over them. His eyes were locked onto the flower on Marcy's jacket, as if he had detected something that shouldn't be there. The ranger herself began to sweat from this, worried of what was to come. "Mr. Deschain? Are you-" the death knight asked before suddenly getting shot in the shoulder, knocking her down. Roland's other hand quickly aimed at Rainbow Dash's leg, a bullet sheering straight through her flesh and bones, causing her to drop down in pain. Before he could aim at the duo, Sasha quickly tackled him down before grabbing Marcy's hand.

"Don't let him kill you! His guns kill immortals!" the death knight yelled, prompting the warrior to run off with her friend, the gunslinger in hot pursuit.

• Everything above 9-A is restricted
  • Speed equalized
  • Place Located in: Central Park New York
0ffba831-3af6-4ec5-918b-edd67a21480e.jpg

68c24d85d0039e028cccfc0145d3c893d5736681r1-1280-1920v2_00.jpg

VS
6acc3fafb27e773a369784b776462f4a034625f4.png

I think it all depends on how close they can get. Roland is really good at dodging and is comfy from where he sits, but Marcy is a worse shot than him and Sasha probably wouldn't be able to keep swinging at his shots forever. I'm not really sure how they would be able to land a hit on him.

I think it all depends on how close they can get. Roland is really good at dodging and is comfy from where he sits, but Marcy is a worse shot than him and Sasha probably wouldn't be able to keep swinging at his shots forever. I'm not really sure how they would be able to land a hit on him.
With Joe Sparrow now a part of Marcy's arsenal, how would this go now?

Roland gets a taste of his own medicine from what he did to Cort

With Joe Sparrow now a part of Marcy's arsenal, how would this go now?

Roland gets a taste of his own medicine from what he did to Cort
It could even the odds because he now has three things to shoot at now. If Sasha and Joe Sparrow give Marcy enough time to use the Stinkshrooms and outlast for at least five minutes, they could possibly take the win.

It could even the odds because he now has three things to shoot at now. If Sasha and Joe Sparrow give Marcy enough time to use the Stinkshrooms and outlast for at least five minutes, they could possibly take the win.
As good as that is, there's just one problem

Roland's signature ability is being able to reload and shoot fast enough to make his revolvers into what is basically an automatic firearm and he has almost unlimited ammo.

He has killed off an entire village and homing attacks using this trick with every bullet hitting the target

As good as that is, there's just one problem

Roland's signature ability is being able to reload and shoot fast enough to make his revolvers into what is basically an automatic firearm and he has almost unlimited ammo.

He has killed off an entire village and homing attacks using this trick with every bullet hitting the target
How long do you think the Insta-Vines would hold him off? Marcy could also use the oil bag trick to alight a circle of fire around her, if it'd be possible to burn up the bullets. While she's preparing stuff, Sasha would be charging at him with Joe Sparrow. How long do you think they'd last?

How long do you think the Insta-Vines would hold him off?
They're not intangible, right? Assuming the durability and LS is the same as the user, probably not too long (Roland has an LS advantage over his opponents)
Marcy could also use the oil bag trick to alight a circle of fire around her
Is this for protection or escape? Because Roland has tracked down his companion through a sewer maze so smoke and stressful conditions doesn't stop him that badly. Plus he has really good eyesight
While she's preparing stuff, Sasha would be charging at him with Joe Sparrow. How long do you think they'd last?
With his crazy accuracy and bullets/second feat, not that long. Getting out of cover against him is really dangerous and Roland is trained to go for lethal shots with each bullet

Is this for protection or escape? Because Roland has tracked down his companion through a sewer maze so smoke and stressful conditions doesn't stop him that badly. Plus he has really good eyesight
Protection. Sasha could also try and slice the bullets but I'm not sure how well that would work out for her. Anne has deflected beams with her sword though and Sasha should be capable of doing the same due to matching her in sword combat twice.

Sasha could also try and slice the bullets but I'm not sure how well that would work out for her. Anne has deflected beams with her sword though and Sasha should be capable of doing the same due to matching her in sword combat twice.
Roland does have a habit of using ricochet to hit targets out of his line of sight or just catch them off-guard. Combined with the crazy firing speed and Sasha is gonna have to contend with bullets from all directions. And yes, he's just as accurate with this trick
Protection
Ah, OK. He can probably ricochet around or above the fire with his enhanced senses helping him in this feat

Roland does have a habit of using ricochet to hit targets out of his line of sight or just catch them off-guard. Combined with the crazy firing speed and Sasha is gonna have to contend with bullets from all directions. And yes, he's just as accurate with this trick
She does have experience with homing attacks but not on this level. Maybe you could argue that she could based on her ability to dodge this many lasers at point blank but, I'm not really sure.

I kinda feel bad for Marcy and Sasha tbh. The Gunslinger is so stupidly proficient in, well, gunslinging that the second the fight starts, they die. Like, it's not even funny. If they dodge the first volley of bullets, he'll know that he has to get serious, and start doing trick shots. Dodging forever isn't an option because he can predict their every move with telepathy. I honestly don't know how they can win this one.

I kinda feel bad for Marcy and Sasha tbh. The Gunslinger is so stupidly proficient in, well, gunslinging that the second the fight starts, they die. Like, it's not even funny. If they dodge the first volley of bullets, he'll know that he has to get serious, and start doing trick shots. Dodging forever isn't an option because he can predict their every move with telepathy. I honestly don't know how they can win this one.
We're currently waiting for a CRT. Just wait

A CRT for what? I mean, this is their 9-A key, so what more could you add to increase their odds in the fight?

I mean, how much more skilled? Skilled enough to dodge what is essentially a non-stop barrage of unpredictable, ricocheting gun fire from a person who can hit things without looking at them and can read your mind?

I mean, how much more skilled? Skilled enough to dodge what is essentially a non-stop barrage of unpredictable, ricocheting gun fire from a person who can hit things without looking at them and can read your mind?
We don't know, that's why we're waiting for it to be made

OK so Marcy finally got her accuracy feats :
Marcy Wu has accurately hit the weak spot of Bomme Frite's copter while fighting against Bomme Frite using the flying copter to attack Marcy Wu and the Night Guards. [Entry 43] While physically and emotionally vulnerable, Marcy Wu has accurately hit an electronic eye of The Core from unspecifically long distance. [S3E7b]

She also has a flashbang now so that make that as you will

Flashing likely won't do much, since Rolands done Dude Perfect level shit easily without being able to see the target.
Currently though, she's no longer batshit at aiming anymore so at the very least, there's still this
Which would probably kill him later even if he does manage to shoot them both off. Roland himself once almost died from sepsis

Which would probably kill him later even if he does manage to shoot them both off. Roland himself once almost died from sepsis
His profile says he has resistance to disease, so he will likely last long enough to kill Sasha and Marcy. Again, this is the same guy who can redirect his bullets that have already been fired with more bullets in order to ricochet them; hitting two athletic humans with a handful of months of experience will be childs play to him.

His profile says he has resistance to disease, so he will likely last long enough to kill Sasha and Marcy.
But that's fungus manip
Again, this is the same guy who can redirect his bullets that have already been fired with more bullets in order to ricochet them; hitting two athletic humans with a handful of months of experience will be childs play to him.
OK I guess, I'll stop bumping this

Back