• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

King of the Skies VS the God of War

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool. Something that is as concrete as it gets, Prime Doppo and NGB Baki are physically comparable. Baki's pre-workout last like half a day. The pre-workout. 55 minutes while heavily injured is fodder. Let's be gracious and wank Rath's stamina to a day while uninjured. That's 2 pre workouts, maybe a workout for Doppo via scaling

And yet Rathalos is stronger than him, what's your point? Mine is that injuries or not, being enraged instantly recharges his stamina and amps his strength and speed by like 2x.

XSOULOFCINDERX said:
And yet Rathalos is stronger than him, what's your point? Mine is that injuries or not, being enraged instantly recharges his stamina and amps his strength and speed by like 2x.
Stronger doesn't matter if he can't hit him. That one stamina recharge is going to come and go quick if he's on the complete offensive and Doppo is just moving around. If a workout is roughly a day and a half, a completely defensive fight should be several days easily for Doppo. Strength still wouldn't matter, and speed is hardly a problem when Sangan allowed Doppo to keep up with Yujiro

He can do that Stamina recharge multiple times and like i keep saying it also amps him by 2x. So if he hits him kt's going to hurt like a bitch while not doing a whole lot to Rathalos.

XSOULOFCINDERX said:
He can do that Stamina recharge multiple times and like i keep saying it also amps him by 2x. So if he hits him kt's going to hurt like a bitch while not doing a whole lot to Rathalos.
How many times? Each one maybe gives him a day, likely a lot less. If Doppo stays defensive, getting hit won't be a problem

@SOULOFCINDER Was more so saying that BakiHanma was downplaying Rath with my last comment, wasn't referring to you lol

Also, I think this has been said before but like, I don't think Doppo's ability to parry is gonna somehow allow him to overcome attacks that have higher AP. Just because he has a parrying technique does not mean he is suddenly immune to all the damage that can be inflicted by the parried attack, especially when Doppo is using his body/arms to parry the attacks and those attacks have a higher AP than Doppo's durability. Physical or ranged, Doppo would still be using his own body to try and parry the incoming attack and he'd still end up taking damage.

And before anyone mentions it, yes Doppo parried attacks from Yujiro. However, Yujiro at this time was not being serious and Yujiro kinda destroyed Doppo the moment that he did get serious by throwing out attacks that were too strong for Doppo to deal with which isn't really too dissimilar to the situation that we're talking about here between Rathalos and Doppo.

Also, using their training session times is kinda faulty. Sure, they can train for hours and hours on end, but the actual fights never last nearly as long as that in the Baki-verse. Many of these matches are actually rather short, and the fighters can still get winded or tired following these fights.

For sure, but the gap between ap isnt that large, so unless Rath's poison is more potent then Yanagi's he may still be able to enacted Amlad's plan. If the poison factors in and makes the gap too large, Doppo can, instead of parrying, dodge

Tbf, Yujiro is 7-C while trying, so it's not exactly a fair comparison. Rath and Doppo are much closer, so this would likely be closer to semi serious Yujiro vs Doppo in terms of parry

Keep in mind fights are usually much more high octane. There's clean hits that have to be tanked, KO punches that have to be pushed through, and both of those things they've got to dish out themselves. A completely defensive strategy gives Doppo quite a bit of leeway, as he's only pressuring during parries, allowing him to catch his breath quite often, and he he could choose to completely forgo offensive to win a battle of attrition

Also if he tries to parry any of Rathalos's attempts to Pin him to the ground he can't do shit about it and gets Roasted and Eaten alive.

It is also in character for Rathalos to use the environment to his advantage so he could literally perch himself ontop of something if, BIG IF, Melee isn't working and just try to snipe him with Fireballs.

Also, i don't remember if someone mentioned this or not but when Rathalos Roars it stuns his opponents if they're close to him, which he usually follows up with either a Fireball or just Smacking the shit out of you. It's really hard to dodge.

Still haven't gotten that poison potency, Yujiro is a lot more than just 2x stronger than him, yet Sangan and parry worked fine

He can't do anything except parry, which he does

Perch on what, the bleachers? Doppo would be on him like white on rice, and now Rath is fighting on his terms: on the ground

Keep in mind Rath is Supersonic in this key and Doppo with Sangan is Massively Hypersonic +

So you're telling me a man with Peak Human Lifting Strength is gonna parry a Wyvern with Class 100 Lifting Strength? Sure, that's totally gonna work.

Amlad22 said:
Doppo's defiantly not gonna have a huge problem with the lifting strength like you say. I believe the lifting strengths of Baki also have to get revised then if they are only class 50. Oliva casually can lift the weight of a Sikorsky CH-53 I believe it says in his profile which has a full weight of 33,000 kilograms. It's Oliva and he's always trying to push himself to the max so the maximum weight should be used. Then we find out in Baki Dou that he's amped up his weight routine to match his full power so 33,000kg is actually his casual lifting strength. His full strength is probably double his casual strength at the very least. Then Yujiro is capable of matching Oliva in his Base casually. So Yujiro is at least 66,000kg for lifting strength. Doppo parried the attacks of a Yujiro that was actually trying rather than a casual Yujiro. I'm not saying Rathalos's attacks wouldn't be hard to parry but he's not gonna get overwhelmed right away when he has zero difficulty blocking someone with At Least 66,000kg of lifting strength.

Stamina recharge means little with horrible stamina, and amps are negligible, still wouldn't compare to a semi serious Yujiro

Doppo literally is not Massively Hypersonic+, he's just Hypersonic+

Also yeah that's kind of a flawed method of scaling considering just how much superior Oliva and Yujiro are to Doppo. Doppo didn't even handle a serious Yujiro, as the moment Yujiro did get serious he was stomped easily, so the argument that Doppo was parrying a serious Yujiro doesn't really hold up super well.

Besides, his profile at this moment states that his lifting strength is only at Peak Human, which is nowhere near Rathalos's lifting strength meaning he'd just get absolutely overwhelmed in an instant.

Also yeah, Rathalos's roar stuns enemies if they are close by so like, Doppo gets stunned and then can't defend and Rathalos just rips him apart

His profile says Peak Human LS, he needs comparable Lifting Strength to be able to parry the attack away from him and needs AP on the Same Level as Rathalos to not get hurt in the Process. Rathalos when Enraged has Twice the AP of Doppo, so when he tries to Parry, he's gonna get hurt and get pinned to the ground where he then dies. He can't do anything but Dodge constantly where as Rathalos can constantly Recharge his stamina when he gets pissed off. GG

My bad, but still, we can agree that Sangan Doppo>>> Rath in speed, right?

It was it wasn't a serious Yujiro, that's Town level vs like City Block level, but semi serious Yujiro would, of course, scale to Yujiro

Dodging is still a viable option due to speed, right?

The ap gap isn't big enough for a oneshot, and if it happens once, it won't happen again.

Your right, it won't happen again, because he'll be dead.

For context, what does Sangan do except for boosting his speed?

It boosts his reaction speed specifically iirc, since he's making his eyes bug out to better perceive incoming threats.

Yujiro being "semi-serious" is kinda fickle here tho since we don't really have a measure for just how fast or strong he is in that state. All we know is his maximum strength and that he wasn't really trying up until the moments where he stomped Doppo.

So it's just Reaction Time? Then yeah, he gets tired eventually while Rathalos keeps getting pissed off and eventually he gets ******.

tbf Doppo's profile does also state that he likely has Hypersonic+ speed anyway, but Sangan specifically makes his reaction time better.

OP does not specify which speed stat is being used, so it can be inferred that the higher speed value. Plus it says Speed unequalized so no matter what there would be a difference in speed

Anyway, 4 hours until Grace ends I think

Fair enough, but that still doesn't change the fact that his in character move from what I can tell is parry which will get him killed immediately once Rathalos notices how much faster he is then him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back