• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

King of the Pirates vs. King of the Ants (One Piece vs Hunter x Hunter)

Reaiatzu crush????
Nope, not in this case thanks to Luffy's own haki bursts and pressure (which directly targets the mind as it seeks to overwhelm users with they willpower aura, kind of like nen users try to do the same with theirs.) Luffy would essentially just use his own aura to defend himself while it clashes with Meruem's. Both energy types are pretty similar to begin with anyways, although if SBA is in effect then that would seal the deal.

All that aside I do feel like the start of the fight would be a super cool aura clash kind of like Luffy and Bullet, would be hella dope to see in action :whistle:

Are you really comparing nen with Haki?
I mean, nen is the better and more flushed out version of haki yet they do have some glaring similarities. Like how Nen and Haki users consistently coat they attacks in aura in order to buff they AP, both consistently use their aura to defend sections of their body in order to survive what would otherwise be fatal injuries, both have characters with they own unique aura (like Ace's haki being gassed up by Shanks who talked about him to having a fiery aura iirc) and both at least having characters capable of using their aura to overwhelm and incapacitate others. I'm sure there's some more similarities but this off the top of my head. Nen has just been much more specific on how individual mechanics work, but both have these mechanics

All that being said I'm pretty sure energy would be equalized by default if that is how SBA works around here (please correct me if I'm wrong), I was just giving my take on how a nen user and conqueror haki user clash could work out since that would be a sight to see.

Last edited:
I mean, nen is the better and more flushed out version of haki yet they do have some glaring similarities. Like how Nen and Haki users consistently coat they attacks in aura in order to buff they AP, both consistently use their aura to defend sections of their body in order to survive what would otherwise be fatal injuries, both have characters with they own unique aura (like Ace's haki being gassed up by Shanks who talked about him to having a fiery aura iirc) and both at least having characters capable of using their aura to overwhelm and incapacitate others. I'm sure there's some more similarities but this off the top of my head. Nen has just been much more specific on how individual mechanics work, but both have these mechanics

All that being said I'm pretty sure energy would be equalized by default if that is how SBA works around here (please correct me if I'm wrong), I was just giving my take on how a nen user and conqueror haki user clash could work out since that would be a sight to see.
They aren't the same... They just follow the same concept which is KI

Looks like stomp even tho ren shouldn't work with people that have insane willpower type feats and techniques. Can't explain it well

How? No good explanation was given that proves this is a stomp match, and you didn't specify who the stomp match was in favor of.

How? No good explanation was given that proves this is a stomp match, and you didn't specify who the stomp match was in favor of.
Ren...
Ren - Fear Manipulation, Limited Paralysis Inducement, Madness Manipulation (Type 3) and Limited Death Manipulation (It has been stated that without Ten, a Nen User is capable of inducing crippling fear, paralyzing people, causing insanity and even outright killing them with Nen alone, this is through malicious aura attacks), Statistics Amplification (Ren also enhances physical characteristics)

Why... I don't remember any crazy willpower feats
What do you define as "crazy willpower". He fought against Hanzo even though he knew he had no chance of winning, even after Hanzo threatened to break his body to the point he wouldnt be able to fight again, which would show some crazy willpower (well atleast to me). Im sure there's more stuff a more knowledgeable hxh fan could tell you about.

What do you define as "crazy willpower". He fought against Hanzo even though he knew he had no chance of winning, even after Hanzo threatened to break his body to the point he wouldnt be able to fight again, which would show some crazy willpower (well atleast to me). Im sure there's more stuff a more knowledgeable hxh fan could tell you about.
Yee... But that's not supernatural willpower

Luffy has resistance to madness manipulation and supernatural willpower, not to mention that his own Conqueror's Haki could shield him from Ren, and Meruem doesn't have any mental resistances either.

It just seems cheap to reduce the fights to solely fear manipulation when oftentimes in fiction it comes down to a factor of supernatural willpower that this fear manipulation can be overcome, and I believe the limited death manipulation only occurs if the opponent is stuck in the nen user's Ren for an extended period of time. Luffy's never shown to be afraid of any opponent, but I guess it's also true that Meruem's Ren can strike crippling fear, which was only strengthened after absorbing the power of his two royal guards. It just makes it really impossible to find any characters to match with Meruem if the sole deciding factor that will win the fight would be this automatic fear and madness manipulation, but maybe that's just me.

It just seems cheap to reduce the fights to solely fear manipulation when oftentimes in fiction it comes down to a factor of supernatural willpower that this fear manipulation can be overcome, and I believe the limited death manipulation only occurs if the opponent is stuck in the nen user's Ren for an extended period of time. Luffy's never shown to be afraid of any opponent, but I guess it's also true that Meruem's Ren can strike crippling fear, which was only strengthened after absorbing the power of his two royal guards. It just makes it really impossible to find any characters to match with Meruem if the sole deciding factor that will win the fight would be this automatic fear and madness manipulation, but maybe that's just me.
Ayy… I know, not my fault 😅🤷‍♂️

I think the match can still go on with Ren. As you said, boiling down the match to just Ren is cheap, and I doubt it'll be much of a factor in this match

Bump. With new OPM upgrades, Luffy now has resistance to madness manipulation and mind manipulation, and since fear manipulation is generally accepted as falling under the mind manipulation category, this means that Meruem no longer stomps with Nen Crush. At most there is the limited Death Manipulation, but that’s only limited at most and would only happen if Luffy remained in the area for a prolonged period of time, which Luffy isn’t going to let happen. So now this match can actually be done!

Bump. With new OPM upgrades, Luffy now has resistance to madness manipulation and mind manipulation, and since fear manipulation is generally accepted as falling under the mind manipulation category, this means that Meruem no longer stomps with Nen Crush. At most there is the limited Death Manipulation, but that’s only limited at most and would only happen if Luffy remained in the area for a prolonged period of time, which Luffy isn’t going to let happen. So now this match can actually be done!
Meurem has other haxes like clones with high regen and etc

One, he’s never shown using Pouf’s clones in-character. Two, regardless if Meruem has other wincons, the point is that now this match can be debated instead of it being a stomp.
All previous abilities on a much higher level. Enhanced Psychometry with En (En creates a barrier that allows users to feel the shape and movement of anything in the radius. Meruem's En is by far the most powerful, as it allows him to measure the shape, quality, emotion, and other informational content about the things the photons interact with), Improved Fear Manipulation and Enhanced Madness Manipulation (Type 3; Caused Welfin to physically age a hundred years from the fear he was feeling and also experience hallucinations, despite Welfin being a powerful Nen user in his own right. Meruem's Ren was so strong that his overprotective Royal Guards believed he was invincible and could beat anyone by sheer aura quantity alone. Meruem's murderous aura was able to petrify even Pouf), Body Control, Transformation and Flight (With Metamorphosis), Rage Power, Transformation, Berserk Mode, Self-Destruction (Possibly gained all of Youpi's powers after absorbing him due to how his power works), Energy Projection (With Rage Blast, Meruem can fire a concentrated blast of aura), Light Manipulation, Power Modification and Power Bestowal (Meruem can personally prepare an individual with a Nen ability that matches their talents and teach the individual how to use it. Shaiapouf did this for various Squadron Leaders: Leol, Cheetu, Welfin, Bloster and also to the Hunter Palm. He does this by enveloping the target in a cocoon. He planned on doing this to at least 50,000 soldiers, Meruem most likely absorbed his ability to do this), Biological Manipulation (The cocoon turns humans into Chimera Ant hybrids), Mind Manipulation, Empathic Manipulation, Transmutation and Telepathy (Can transmute his aura into photons. It has the same effect as Shaiapouf's Spiritual Massage, and he can detect lies with it. Possibly gained all of Pouf's powers after absorbing him due to how his power works; can read the minds of those his aura has touched and detected lies), Duplication, Size Manipulation, Regeneration (High-Mid for the Core. Meruem's core, which is the size of a Bee, must be destroyed to kill him. High for his clones; Meruem's clones must be destroyed at the atomic level. Otherwise, they will be able to reform continuously), Small Size (Type 2; The Core can shrink to the size of a Bee, Type 5 for clones which can split up to be nano-size), Shapeshifting (With Body Reconstruction, Meruem can alter his face, physique, and even his voice), Poison Inducement (Those who have prolonged contact with him also become poisoned), Resistance to Poison Manipulation (Resisted the poison from the Rose Bomb for some time which is quite possibly the most powerful poison known to man, although he ultimately succumbed), Electricity Manipulation and Magma Manipulation (Should gain Youpi's resistances after absorbing him)
Meurem can stall out and Luffy will be poisoned to death

I think I’ll change the keys to Paramount War Luffy and Pre-Rose Meruem, since the ratings for Post-Timeskip Luffy have changed.

No... And even if luffy was resistant to fear he still wouldn't resist nen crush because of the limited death manipulation, the only way is to remove the limited death manipulation... Or give luffy resistance to death manipulation 🌚

No... And even if luffy was resistant to fear he still wouldn't resist nen crush because of the limited death manipulation, the only way is to remove the limited death manipulation... Or give luffy resistance to death manipulation 🌚
As I already stated, Death manipulation only works if the person is in the Ren for a prolonged period of time. Luffy’s gonna go straight for the attack and can resist the other affects long enough to either escape it or just attack Meruem and stop the Ren altogether.

As I already stated, Death manipulation only works if the person is in the Ren for a prolonged period of time. Luffy’s gonna go straight for the attack and can resist the other affects long enough to either escape it or just attack Meruem and stop the Ren altogether.
If Luffy stalls he dies to poison

Back