• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Wouldn't it be better to rate Goku off of his feats than backwards scale from a multiplier form? The Oozaru may be a 10x multiplier in general, but it has also shown itself to be capable of way more powerful feats than just 10x base Goku's level of power.

It's never said that speed shares the same multiplier.
I have plans for other upgrades for base Roshi and 21st Budokai Goku, since there really isn't really any reason Goku got that much stronger between 21st Budokai and start of the Red Ribbon Army arc; fighting Blue was well before Korin's training. Speaking of which, Master Roshi has like 0 reason to be any weaker than Grandpa Gohan (His own student and it's not like Gohan ever surpassed Roshi or took his title as "King of Martial Arts") And Roshi was the first to pass Korin's training. And while Base Roshi could probably be weaker than Goku was post Korin's training, he should be stronger than Goku was before Korin's training even in his weakest key.

But anyway, I agree with damage that the Oozaru form doesn't exactly have the most reliably consistent multiplier.
I guess this can be closed now.

It staff already agreed on the downscaling before it should be fine and oozaru multiplier is accepted so probs just do that and close if need be I can at DDM and Propellus to get their thoughts

I still feel unsure about the explosion calc, I'd like for the mods of the Dragon Ball wiki itself to elaborate on its source for Goku getting knocked out by the explosion

Saying he clearly jumped out is very disingenuous and ignores what straight up is presented here and in the anime and its not even remotely implied he does so, as that's your headcanon.

If you want to see that there as well the episode number is 34 at 19:45

And besides that a blast that's 74m wide would surely send you some distance away if they were at the center of it even then he can be blown up and freeze and both wouldn't be mutually exclusive.

The wiki for the episode this happens in describes it as this:

"Meanwhile, the robot systems crash due to the cold of the northern mountains and crashes the plane. Goku freezes, then a mysterious girl drags him home only a few minutes before General White's men arrive."

And the chapter describes it like this:

"A cold Goku then crash lands after the robot malfunctions due to the icy conditions. While this catches the attention of the Red Ribbon Army, a young girl drags Goku from the snow."

So while you're not wrong about Goku freezing, he certainly does tank the crash landing and in nothing has any indication of jumping out whether it be the manga or anime

This is what Kanzenshuu's page for the chapter says:
Goku wants to know why it’s so cold here, and the robot says it’s just cold in the north. Goku looks at the Dragon Radar, and says the Dragon Ball is just below them. But the robot is frozen and the plane soon crashes. Goku is safe a distance away, lying freezing and unconscious in the snow, and two Red Ribbon soldiers spot the crash. A nearby, well-guarded tower is White Company Base. A Russian-looking guy in a sweater is in the top floor control room, and he receives word of the plane crash. It must be the brat’s plane, as relayed from Headquarters, but there is no one inside but a robot. He tells the soldiers to look for the brat, who probably got away. As the soldiers begin to look for him, a little girl drags the unconscious Goku through the snow…

And this is the episode synopsis
Using the Dragon Radar that Bulma made, Goku easily spots the Dragon Ball that drifted down the river. However, Kinto-Un is blown away by Captain Silver’s bazooka! After defeating Silver with a single swipe of his tail, Goku heads north in a plane flown by a robot who came out of a capsule. Goku shudders from the extreme cold. The robot is frozen solid as well, and the plane crashes!! Having been frozen solid, Goku is saved by a girl named Suno

Last edited:
Okay, so Goku after his fight with grandpa Gohan is assumed to be comparable to his Oozaru state? But how do you know that it is exactly ten times stronger than General Blue?

Okay, but did General Blue withstand an explosion that Goku scales to instead?

Okay, and is the interpretation that Goku is 10x stronger than General Blue reliable?

Yeah the changes have been reverted for that already for the first budokai but Goku also scales to Tao's pillar feat I calculated which is 4 tons of tnt

It'd be due to statements that Goku is many times stronger than he was post his fight with Tao

Okay. Do we have some reliable estimate for how many times stronger?

Okay. Do we have some reliable estimate for how many times stronger?
I believe there are several statements saying just "many times stronger" which would imply at least 4x but that can honestly wait since It'd require me to go in reread and gather scans and chapter numbers for reference

Okay, and is the interpretation that Goku is 10x stronger than General Blue reliable?
Usually I go by the logic of 10x a characters' power level than a characters' AP, which is a bit of a can of worms.

21st Budokai Goku's power level was 100, Oozaru would make him 1000 or just below Raditz

21st Budokai Goku's power level was 100, Oozaru would make him 1000 or just below Raditz
Power level numbers in early db weren't linear like that at all not until Z

That's the numbers specifically, piccolo was the literal difference between the higher scaled Moon level than where Roshi was at with a PL of 260 vs the 100 PL goku was at in the 21st Budokai where he'd only be like Building level downscaling from his Oozaru's 10x amp

The difference between the 100 pl and the 260 one is literally dozens of Exatons of TNT

He could be 10x stronger and not be just below raditz in pl

Last edited:
Please explain the issues here.

I am also rather unclear regarding why Goku scales to his Oozaru form in the first place.
Well, I don't really agree with downscaling him from the 10x multiplier statement, however. Some people found more feats that might upgrade early Dragon Ball; and likewise, even without them, there has been some agreements that there is no reason for 21st Budokai Roshi to be any weaker than General Blue. There's no proof that the early parts of Red Ribbon Army saga Goku was that much stronger than he was in the 21st budokai. Likewise, Roshi did pass Korin's training 300 years ago at the time, which would require him to even at his weakest be in roughly Tao Pai Pai's tier (Someone who was able to shatter Blue's skull with just his tongue).

But either way, someone found some 8-B to 8-A feats for early Dragon Ball cast, so I think a new thread should be made to address those.

Back