• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Ah wait oolongs was 8-B

Here's consistent 9-A through high 8-C and 8-B for the Pilaf Saga characters, even the manga version of the pilaf gang surviving the same explosion I calculated came to 9-A+

I don't think I agree, as Power Levels are quite exponential.

Oozaru Vegeta for example has 180'000, and he's around 594.4 Zettatons.

Anyone who has a power level of 1 would be 3.3 Exatons (High 6-A) because of being 180'000 times weaker, when is blatantly not the case.

So, yeah, I don't think this kind of logic applies in DB.

We don't even really know if Oozaru Vegeta's Power Level is 180,000 (If that was the case he'd be 4-C)
We just know he's 10 times stronger than base Vegeta
Yeah, but if you argue this logic, I can make even an even worse argument from saying that anyone in DB is Tier 5 minimum due to downscaling from Frieza.

Given that anyone would just be 530'000 times weaker than him.

Downscaling this literally does not work at all.

I don't think I agree, as Power Levels are quite exponential.

Oozaru Vegeta for example has 180'000, and he's around 594.4 Zettatons.

Anyone who has a power level of 1 would be 3.3 Exatons (High 6-A) because of being 180'000 times weaker, when is blatantly not the case.

So, yeah, I don't think this kind of logic applies in DB.
We're not using Power Levels for this scaling tho.

Oozaru is confirmed to be x10 boost.

Yeah, but if you argue this logic, I can make even an even worse argument from saying that anyone in DB is Tier 5 minimum due to downscaling from Frieza.

Given that anyone would just be 530'000 times weaker than him.

Downscaling this literally does not work at all.
I can get behind this but it begs the question as to why we don’t apply the inverse logic and extrapolate higher ratings for everyone with known PLs based on the fact AP increases exponentially, like why shouldn’t we rate 100% Freeza with a PL of 120 million to be At least 226x times the feat of his first form with PL of 530,000.

Last edited:
Its stated absolutely nowhere that oozaru vegeta was 180000, its people aligning "he got 10 times more powerful" to his power level

I can get behind this but it begs the question as to why we don’t apply the inverse logic and extrapolate higher ratings for everyone with known PLs based on the fact AP increases exponentially, like why shouldn’t we rate 100% Freeza with a PL of 120 million to be At least 256x times the feat of his first form with PL of 530,000.
Then you'd have to downscale even a turtle from frieza, power levels are not linear

Here's consistent 9-A through high 8-C and 8-B for the Pilaf Saga characters, even the manga version of the pilaf gang surviving the same explosion I calculated came to 9-A+
Literally why not just drop the Oozaru argument for these calculations it'd literally be better than what we'd get from trying to downscale for the great ape, at the very least you'd get 9-A+

We can downscale characters from stronger characters as long as PLs are not involved. That's literally the reason Ginyu is High 5-A and not 5-B, because he downscales from KKx10 Goku.

It's more accurate though.
That's debatable. I'd say that if Goku has shown off 9-A feats himself in base form then it's more accurate to rate him off of that, rather than rating him as 8-C for downscaling from a multiplier of a form that scales to X who scales to Y who scales to Z.

why are yall acting like the panel where we see the plane and the panel where we see the explosion are the same?
There are two versions for a reason, one takes that into account one doesn't and both are upgrades by far since goku would heavily upscale the pilaf gangs feats

I'd say that if Goku has shown off 9-A feats himself in base form then it's more accurate to rate him off of that, rather than rating him as 8-C for downscaling from a multiplier of a form that scales to X who scales to Y who scales to Z.
We already downscale characters like that.

We don’t do calc/ calc to get multipliers( hopefully) between forms, sticking with what the series tells regarding in-universe power relationships is the best method overrall.

Otherwise you end with ridiculous extrapolation such as SSG being an 10e53~ AP multiplier and stacking it every time base Goku reaches that level.

Last edited:
We don’t do calc/ calc to get multipliers( hopefully) between forms
We literally do.

sticking with what the series tells regarding in-universe power relationships is the best method overrall.
The series tells us that Oozaru is a x10 boost and nothing contradicts that so far.

Otherwise you end with ridiculous extrapolation such as SSG being an 10e53~ AP multiplier and stacking it every time base Goku reaches that level.
To be fair, the SSG multiplier is the most extreme example of bad scaling.

We literally do.

The series tells us that Oozaru is a x10 boost and nothing contradicts that so far.

To be fair, the SSG multiplier is the most extreme example of bad scaling.
No, it’s not the same in principle what I mean to illustrate for example would be like this

Character A has a base form with a feat rated as 10 joules
Then character transforms and performs a feat worth 10000 joules. Therefore we treat the form to provide a 1000x amp and essentially multiply any higher feat performed by said character in base by 1000x off that one instance we calculated the power difference.

Ginyu being 1/10th of Freezas AP is based on the stated 10x amp Kaioken gives in universe.

Last edited:
Back