• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kenpachi vs Jax Revisited

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeeklyBattles

VS Battles
Retired
5173053-kenpachi
Jax-League-Of-Legends-Fan-Art

Supriiiiise, it's back. The match that was prematurely ended, but can finally be done now that Bleach is over. The match between two characters so powerful they set limiters for themselves, yet still retain an immense amount of power. The 11th Kenpachi versus the Grandmaster at Arms. Speed equalized, Kenpachi starts off in Bankai. In-character, no prior knowledge or prep time. Who wins?

Zaraki Kenpachi - 1

Jax - 7

Methinks Jax wins with At least Country level stats. Not to mention defense boost via Grandmaster's Might and attack boost, not to mention a second attack that cancels his after-swing delay via Empower. That and Counter Strike can come in as a saving grace if need be.

Oh, and depending on the rules on speed equal, his speed rises the more they are engaged in combat.

I thought if it's speed equalized speed is equalized and that no matter what it would be equal?

And I thought his lore was outdated to the point that we can scale him that way? Anyway although I'm bias to Kenpachi I see it more as a tie. Maybe Kenpachi because of overall experience and better AoE effects and 'range' (via shockwaves of his attacks)

Yeah, his lore has been rewritten but is still vague as fluck. He has a nice fight though, where he effortlessly trolled his opponent. I even think that opponent is Garen, given the description given.

Why this fight happened is beyond me. I just like it because it has Not-Reginald-Ashram Jax, and not new-lore Jax.

This is tough. Bankai Kenpachi could be far above country level if he ever learns to control his Bankai and Jax is at least country level as well. I'll give this to Jax because he can hold out until Kenny wears out. If this is timeskip Kenny when he can control his Bankai then I say he'd win

I'll go with Jax. He's the more experienced of the two given what he fights on a daily basis and the fact he can use virtually any weapon with ridiculous skill. The fact that they guy still kicks butt while using a lampost of all things, says everything.

In addition, Zaraki has issues handling his own power, which points to a lack of refinement on his part. Jax has had limits put on him and is so skillful that those limits don't even matter. Also, Zaraki can damage his own body when using too much power while Jax is in complete control of himself. Jax will probably outlast him based on that alone.

Also, as this is in character, I see Zaraki making the more fatal errors. Jax wants a good fight, but he'll quickly kick you to the curb if he sees he won't get one. Basically, he won't really lower himself down to another's level too much. You either get on his level or he beats the tar out of you and moves on. Zaraki is the kind of guy who will give you free shots just to see if you're worthy, banking on his durability and toughness to take it. Heck, once he starts getting into a fight, a lot of times he won't even block and will just take the hits and will only start block to once he thinks he might actually die. Against Jax, who might not go full out at first but will make you pay for your mistakes, that approach will get him disabled or killed.

I don't think Jax is a perfectionist though considering how he was taken advantaged from a ranged attack in a league cinematic. And before anyone else raises their pitchforks at me I'm not saying that the League cinematics are instantly canon, I'm just saying some parts of it are considerable for vs feats and that we don't have to just use the high ends all the time.

And it kinda hurts his image that his lore isn't so stable.

Just my opinion and thoughts.

^To be fair, he didn't see the attack coming, was focusing on fighting another champion at the time and was then shoved back.

I would blame it more on Jax's commitment to the fight giving him tunnel vision, which is hardly an asset in a team fight.

True but it does show he's not perfect, just saying. Not claiming that changes the battle much here and I won't argue too much but just informing he can be caught off guard. And how well does he deal with area of effect attacks anyway?

Ones he can't dodge?

^If we go with the assumption that all abilities they show in game are just restricted versions of things that each champion can actually do, then Jax is able to weaken the damge of AoE attacks if he can't outright dodge or get away.

CoreOfimBalance(COB) said:
True but it does show he's not perfect, just saying. Not claiming that changes the battle much here and I won't argue too much but just informing he can be caught off guard. And how well does he deal with area of effect attacks anyway?
Ones he can't dodge?
Counter Strike: Jax enters a defensive stance for up to 2 seconds, reducing physical damage from basic attacks by 100% and area of effect abilities by 25% for the duration.

WeeklyBattles said:
Ones he can't dodge?
Counter Strike: Jax enters a defensive stance for up to 2 seconds, reducing physical damage from basic attacks by 100% and area of effect abilities by 25% for the duration.
Not to mention:

Grandmaster's Might: Jax deals bonus magic damage on every third basic attack within 2.5 seconds. When activated, Jax gains bonus armor and magic resistance for 8 seconds.

Going even further with Jax's Counter Strike, we have to remember that what we consider AoE doesn't not equate to what the LoL game mechainics consider AoE.

EX: Darius' Decimate is an AoE. All it is, is Darius spinning his axe in a circle. It's not a barrage of energy blasts or dropping a meteor/bomb which have after effects in the forms of explosions/shockwaves. In game terms, Decimate is an AoE that automatically hits all enemies in range and goes through them. Jax's Counter Strike can only weaknen that, due to game mechainics.

However, here, we know that unless Jax is caught off guard, he can easily intercept that as he is stronger, faster and arguably the better fighter when compared to Darius.

What I'm getting at is that Zaraki doesn't really seem to have anything that Jax can't deal with. If he tried something like Darius' Decimate, Jax will just block/redirect it. It doesn't help that Zaraki doesn't use kidou or his zanpakuto has any other options other than pure offensive power in terms of swingning and cutting.

Question, is Jax's profile supposed to remain unchanged even after the lore reboot? I mean his new lore made no mention of what made him so strong in the previous version, but did show that he was above and away from everyone he fought, including what seems to be Garen.

He's going to be adjusted so he has Pre-retcon and Post-retcon stats, the version being used here would be considered pre-retcon

I see. Carry on then.

Counter Strike still murks though. After this battle is finished, Kenpachi will be wearing eyepatches on both eyes.

Jax for all of the reasons above. Don't really have anything to add here. =P

Aww boo :/

Yeah until the changes are made i think this can still be can still be debated

Oh, completely forgot about this match sorry xD

I think Jax would take this because of his ridiculously high skills in weapon handling and Kenpachi's nature to fool around looking for a thrill. Also Jax's lolCounterStrike is a huge problem for Kenpachi since he ignores all physical damage for quite some time and then stuns him leaving him open for counter attacks.

Sooner or later, Jax is gonna come pounding due to his passive and Kenpachi is gonna go down faster than a turret.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back