• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kefla, Vegeto, and Fused Zamasu weakness?

Megamangohan

CHAD mango
Joke Battles
Administrator
in DBS episode 116, we saw Kefla's earring break off. Should we add this as a weakness to these respective fusions?

No the potara earings are only the utilizing tool for awakening one warrior, they can be removed as simple without worry. But they are still useful if one wishes to pass them to two other beings.

The time limit is because the potara are only configurated to permantly fuse two kaioshins, maybe "mortals" are something different from godhood. And the more powerful the mortal being or use of power, the more it drains the "magic". And thus shorter time.

But isnt that not the case? Didnt it say mortal makes it non permanent .

Also she unfused the instant the earing broke. Kinda blatant.

No you guys dont get it, that the earrings break is nothing more than symbolism. Maybe the shock wave from goku's kamehameha shattered them.

Technically she was still fused when her earrings were destroyed. It wasn't until she was teleported to the stands did she defuse.

I'd say list it as a potential weakness but wait for confirmation to see if it gets brought up again. Could have just been symbolic or the magic of Grand Priest defusing them. It also means they have one less set of Potara to use. The loss of a weapon and a powerful fighter. That's why I personally think it's more symbolic than anything.

Except when the earing broke, she disappeared and when she reappeared she was two. Why would she suddenly be two. The intent and what we see is not that to understand.

Hence why I say it'd be best to list it as a potential weakness to take into consideration while also acknowledging the fact that she disappeared because of Grand Priest's magic and may have been separated as well. Since we don't get to see the separation like we have with Vegetto, I'd be hesitant to list it as a definitive weakness.

Why would he break the two, there is no reason for him to do that. and the problem being it happens a frame or two after the earrings broke. If it wasn't right afterbyeah but it was though .

Super Saiyan God Julian said:
I think they only unfused because the earrings where destroyed.
Perhaphs we can add "will unfuse if her earrings are destroyed" or something like that as a weakness.
You do realize that that's entirely not the case? if you ever watched dragon ball, look at the case with Vegito and Kibitoshin. The potara aren't a weak item that they be broken after one length of time. Goku knocking kefla out with his powerful kamehameha wave could very much be the cause.

@Jman, no that's just a selfish motion.

Unite My Rice said:
Broken potara = no fusio
Earrings get removed = no fusion
What happened with Vegito? They did break at that time?

Of course, broken potara means you can't make it happen twice.

And no one has ever said that the earrings must be always put on, or else the kaioshin would surely have made that clear from the beginning, so dont say that bluntly. And The old kaioshin would have separated from that witch if it was the case.

Kaioshin are affected by Potara differently, and Buu's internal magic most likely caused Vegito to defuse, Goku says he doesn't even know why that happened. Probably the DBS too powerful logic.

That was the very first reason goku said in the manga, then 30 years laters that cause is changed.

But I'm only referring to when Vegito came back, where the earrings didnt break.

Unite My Rice said:
Kaioshin are affected by Potara differently, and Buu's internal magic most likely caused Vegito to defuse, Goku says he doesn't even know why that happened. Probably the DBS too powerful logic.
Or that 1 hour passed like Gowasu said...

It's quite simple Vegito defused not because of magic inside Buu (that's stupid), but he simply exhausted time limit by using to much power. Same thing goes with Gotenks when he was using SSJ3, instead of going with 30 minutes he was forced to stay fused for 6. As for Vegito instead 1 h, he shorten his time limit by using to much power (he even stated it during his battle with Zamasu, final Kamehameha drained to much of potara power).

As for Kefla defusing due to potara being broken... I'm pretty sure that if Zamasu or other Kai was about to destroy his earing after fusion, well... he would still stay in fused state...

As for humans and other not divine races... It might be the case. Permanent fusion works only on gods, doesn't matter if the earings will be destroyed or taken off, we don't know if it's the case with humans, but it seems that different rules applies to non-kais .

So add this weakness only to Vegetto, Kefla. At least that's my opinion. Maybe manga will explain it better.

No you can't just assume that bluntly, Goku and Vegeta still had their earrings after the potara magic weared off. In the zamasu fight. Adding that "weakness" would be ungrounded basis and the potara are just said to be the tool to make the magic happen. No kaioshin has informed them of such weakness, because if they didnt that would obviously be PIS.

╬Ü╬ƒ╬£╬Ö╬× said:
Unite My Rice said:
Or that 1 hour passed like Gowasu said...
There has never been a battle that been so long(at least in the manga), i highly doubt that Vegito would be toying with buu to that extent even if he wanted that buu absorbed him.

Back