• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kaltias vs The real cal howard (Akron vs Kirby)

Hl3 or bust said:
literally all of his attacks have a chance to OHK
Not all of them. Only his darkness type attacks (which are a lot but not all of them).

If we want to be technical Akron's black hole is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Natz's which inflicts the Death status but eh

The real cal howard said:
Also, could someone seriously elaborate on Akron's absorption? Because if it's anything like say, Buu's, y'all are overexaggerating. Meanwhile, if it's like Lavos's, then I'm underselling.
Kal screaming "why no one checks the scans on the profile" intensifies

Also just to check, how good is Kirby's resistance to death manip? Just to be sure if that's an actual win condition

Ah ok.

Then yeah it wouldn't be enough. Akron's death manip kills ghosts, living rocks, machines, undeads, and more

From what I got, it's not the powernull but the absorption is what caused the 5-A characters to become 9-B. I mean, it's most likely null via absorption, but it doesn't matter.

Akron hasn't shown to absorb 4-A guys so he most likely can't absorb Kirby's power. Assuming he can without feats is NLF, methinks. He tries to absorb Kirby's soul, Akron gets stronger, Kirby (soul) gets weaker but it's still enough to oneshot, and the consuming soul part seems to be life absorption, which should take long enough for Kirby to hit.

It's power absorption (which happens to also be power null)

No, assuming that he can drain his life force is not NLF when Kirby lacks resistance.

Consuming the soul is soul hax.

I'd also like to see the kind of erasure Kirby resisted, because if it isn't space-time based Akron just uses "Delet this"

Kaltias said:
It's power absorption (which happens to also be power null)
No, assuming that he can drain his life force is not NLF when Kirby lacks resistance.

Consuming the soul is soul hax.

I'd also like to see the kind of erasure Kirby resisted, because if it isn't space-time based Akron just uses "Delet this"
I was just referring to the "Kirby's soul gets too weak to fight back" part. Obviously, Kirby's soul will leave the body and go to Akron, and he'll absorb a relatively good chunk of its power (though it'll be nothing to a 4-A), but Kirby's soul can still oneshot. And I could swear that Kirby could resist life absorption, let me check a bit

Schnee One said:
Does Kirby have any form of thought based abilities at all?
IC, by himself and useful in combat? No.

The closest he has is his Friend Hearts that now don't need direct contact to work, but he still has to throw them at a target.

who's voted again?

also, it's not a stomp if one character's opening move > another character's opening move

Yeah we gotta stop with the "thought based = stomp". Them having an ability and an argument to win (i.e., a win condition) makes it not a stomp unless in specific cases. But just because one character can act faster (thought > speaking, etc) doesn't make it a stomp.

If it were passive, mehbe.

As for me I'm actually leaning Kirby but will refrain from voting for a bit in case more stuff pops up.

Back