• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Psychomaster35

He/Him
VS Battles
Calculation Group
Today we'll talking prequels... and an overall long-awaited rework that took forever due to other circumstances.

Proving Canonicity Of Pre-EBF Animations & Brawl Royale

It has been pointed out to me that the pre-EBF content might actually be canon to the EBF series, with that main evidence coming from the gallery of EBF1. In it, it talks about the characters and their debuts in the animations. Notably, Natalie is mentioned to have first appeared in Attack of the Black Mages 5, while Roku is mentioned to have appeared in No Name (his first appearance) and FF Battle.

There are actually signs pointing the animations+Brawl Royale's canonicity to EBF, considering that it not only uses images of those characters from the animations and Brawl Royale, but Roku is in a noticeably worse state in EBF1, with that vertical cut from Matt vertically cutting him in half in Brawl Royale being present. On top of this, Roku is mentioned to have died many times before which should include his deaths in FF Battle and Brawl Royale, further proving them to be canon. The Red Mage in EBF2 is called an old rival, likely alluding to Brawl Royale where he was an enemy. Also, Lazarus, who appears in the pre-EBF animations and Brawl Royale, makes a cameo in one of the Glitch’s sprite frames in EBF4.

New Pre-EBF Keys

Matt and Natalie will be getting 2 new keys: the first accounting for their appearances in the animations, and the second accounting for their appearances in Brawl Royale.

For what these keys will contain, in terms of AP, the animations key will have them scale to 5-A from Goku blowing up Earth, while the Brawl Royale key (along with the EBF1 & 2 keys) will scale to High 5-A from Goku blowing up Earth again. In terms of speed, both will scale to the Black Mages who are capable of summoning their projectiles at 20 million times MFTL+ given that they have been able to dodge attacks from them. Finally, in terms of lifting strength, both keys will scale to Class M scaling from the Fighter who could throw this asteroid.

Ability-wise:

Matt should get Power Mimicry from being able to mimic Canti's weapon in Brawl Royale

Natalie should be getting Weapon Mastery of Shurikens and Katanas due to Brawl Royale and Hammers due to AOTBM5, as well as Size Manipulation from being able to shrink a black mage to get him one-shot by a falling sword.

EBF2 Keys Backscaling From Akron

Assuming they hardly got stronger than before after EBF2, when Matt, Natalie, and Lance had their powers drained by Akron at the start of EBF3, and this gave him enough power to do the starry sky feat. To accomplish that power, it had to have come from draining EBF2 Matt, Natalie, and Lance's powers. However, it's not made clear as to how weakened Akron was before he absorbed their powers, so this should be a possibly rating. Should they scale to that calc, each would scale to ⅓ of it. If NoLegs counts, then they would scale to ¼ instead.

Giving Brawl Royale-EBF4 Keys For NoLegs

Even though he doesn’t have much, these key additions should still be prominent to add considering he was in them. He can wield a knife in Brawl Royale, ride the King Slime in EBF1, fight off multiple skeleton cats in the minigames of EBF2 & 3 while showing off nice acrobatics as well as sword and shield skills, and even be used as a summon to attack others in EBF3 & 4.

Removing Passive Space-Time Manipulation/Gravity Manipulation From Players

For some reason, all of the players scale to Akron who generated his black hole through sheer power, except the players have no reason to scale to him because they are literally never shown doing it and that it’s something only Akron has been shown to do. Before you bring up “But Akron absorbed their powers at the start of the game which means they had it!”, it should be noted that at this point of EBF3, Matt and Lance do not learn Black Hole, only Natalie (Though Lance does eventually learn it in EBF4 & 5), which means it was likely from her power only rather than the others.

As I mentioned before, anyone who can learn the Black Hole limit break can keep it albeit not being passive anymore (Natalie [EBF3], Lance [EBF4], and NoLegs [EBF5]), which means it’s gotta go for Matt and Anna since they don’t learn Black Hole.

re;DUX Profiles

Yep, I got around to fixing some profiles which can be found here. These are mostly applying what this thread is proposing and adding some missing abilities with additional justifications in the ability sections. Note that I had these around in the works since April, to which the EBF5 ratings listed are outdated due to them being upgraded beyond that while I was working on them, but shouldn't be a problem.

Conclusion
  • Anyone appearing in them gets Pre-EBF Animation and Brawl Royale keys, which means new abilities for them as well
  • EBF2 keys get a possibly 4-A rating scaling to ⅓ or ¼ of Akron’s feat
  • NoLegs gets EBF4 & prior keys
  • All players have passive Space-Time & Gravity Manipulation removed

What you propose seems fine to me, I also took the time to check the sandboxes and they don't seem to have any noticeable editing problems and they seems fine to me too, overall I agree.

Uuh, doesn't the pre EBF games using another francise IP like Goku tho?

Does it even make the games valid?

Back