• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

kaguya ootsuki possesses more regenerative power than low-mid Regenerationn

Where does it say you can't use it on yourself? What difference is there from controlling a body via remote control and a puppet? If she's just manipulating her arm like a puppeteer's doing then that doesn't need her to be a chakra body either.

Kaguya's so saturated with chakra that her parts by themselves are essentially transmitters and receivers. That's a better way of putting it, when I said in tune I meant that she's so powerful that she doesn't need a transmitter to get chakra into a body especially since that body is hers.

Many other sources could've caused the same effect rather than Kaguya being a tailed beast like construct. There's also the fact that her powers come from the chakra fruit that she consumed physically. Discarding the body that contains the source of her power is a really stupid move.

Well of course you can't use it on yourself. The whole concept of the technique is that you channel your chakra through the receivers in order to control another person's body. Why would you use it on yourself? You already control your own body.

The difference between Six Paths of Pain and Kaguya's feat is that the Six Paths of Pain bodies need to be "alive" in order for them to function, and as such, when they sustain enough damage they can "die" again. For example, if a Pain body lost an arm, the severed arm would no longer be able to move because a normal human body can't use severed limbs as the muscles in the arm are unable to function without the support of the heart, lungs e.t.c. Kaguya's technique can manipulate her limbs even if they are no longer attached to her body and no longer "alive".

Think about it this way: SPoP is like taking over someone's mind, and Kaguya's thing is like covering a person's entire body with strings so that you can move them around like a puppet even after they are dead or in pieces.

Also, about the whole "Kaguya has so much chakra she doesn't need transmitters", yeah... I doubt it. It has never even been suggested that she could do something like that and there is really no reason to assume she can.

That's the thing, she DIDN'T discard her body but she can repair it and reform it through the use of chakra. Think of it like a Logia user from One Piece, and her "element" is chakra.

So basically all it is is that Kaguya can use Chakra strings like any puppeteer can?

But the Logia comparison makes more sense, she can rebuild her body near endlessly but there still needs to be something to rebuild from.

No it's not strings. Perhaps I used a bad example. All I'm trying to say is that she can manipulate her limbs even though they shouldn't be able to physically function. It's really difficult to explain and it's pretty late where I am so I am feeling very tired. If you still don't understand but want to I will try again in the morning.

Yes, and that "something" is her chakra.

I went back and read the last few chapters and it was black zetsu doing it.

I meant there needs to be a head intact to activate the healing kind of like how wolverine needs his head to heal.

Since when can Zetsu control Kaguya's body? Also he said he couldn't move after Naruto stuck those rods in him. Plus, how did Kaguya know Zetsu was going to fire that bone in order to perfectly time the portal? She never said anything and neither of them is a telepath.

If anything, the panels make it seem as if she realized that the Naruto on her right was the real one and as such fired the bone to kill him.

I'm not saying it's impossible, but I personally don't think it makes much sense...

Also about the head thing, we saw her reform her entire body after she lost control of the Bijuu. I don't think the head matters.

At this point I think the Logia explanation is the most reasonable, but then again that's just me...

Well, He said he couldn't move that doesn't mean he couldn't take control of the arm and he saw kakashi raikiri cut kaguya's arm so he could see where she's at. besides black zetsu seemed to be attached to her arm.

Like I said, it's possible but I just don't see a being as powerful as Kaguya being controlled by Zetsu. Also the timing was too good, just because Zetsu could see her doesn't mean he could instantly understand what she planned to do.

Anyways, this is all off topic.

The main point of this is if she could survive decapitation. Yes or no?

I vote yes. Guys?

FinalBattleX01 said:
Like I said, it's possible but I just don't see a being as powerful as Kaguya being controlled by Zetsu. Also the timing was too good, just because Zetsu could see her doesn't mean he could instantly understand what she planned to do.
Anyways, this is all off topic.

The main point of this is if she could survive decapitation. Yes or no?

I vote yes. Guys?
seconded, yes

OnlineLurker said:
Wheres your proof that she needs her head? All of this is speculation since we've never seen kaguya die anyways.

Where else would she store her memories and stuff? Also if not her brain then WTF tells her body how to rebuild? Even if chakra can cause accelerated cell mitosis then it would end up being nothing more but a huge lump of poorly differentiated cells without something to guide the process.

Phantasys said:
OnlineLurker said:
Wheres your proof that she needs her head? All of this is speculation since we've never seen kaguya die anyways.
Where else would she store her memories and stuff? Also if not her brain then WTF tells her body how to rebuild? Even if chakra can cause accelerated cell mitosis then it would end up being nothing more but a huge lump of poorly differentiated cells without something to guide the process.
The same way characers whose heads have been blown off and yet regenerate their heads. I already gave you proof that she reconstructed her entire body from chakra.

OnlineLurker said:
Phantasys said:
OnlineLurker said:
The same way characers whose heads have been blown off and yet regenerate their heads. I already gave you proof that she reconstructed her entire body from chakra.
Which characters?

There's a difference between those kinds of Regenerationn though. Kaguya struggled to get her power back under control in that scene and recreate her body. It's clear that she can't do something like that without conscious effort.

"Which characters?" There are plenty of characters on this very wiki that can regenerate their heads.

1) The only reason she lost control is because the Bijuu within Naruto called out to the rest of their selves within Kaguya and disrupted her control over them. In a VS Battle this can't happen, so she is always in control of her powers.

2) Where do u get the idea that she had to exert effort to regenerate? She seemed more bored than anything else and even turned the giant sentient chakra mass into a weapon (her TSB) right after...

FinalBattleX01 said:
"Which characters?" There are plenty of characters on this very wiki that can regenerate their heads.
1) The only reason she lost control is because the Bijuu within Naruto called out to the rest of their selves within Kaguya and disrupted her control over them. In a VS Battle this can't happen, so she is always in control of her powers.

2) Where do u get the idea that she had to exert effort to regenerate? She seemed more bored than anything else and even turned the giant sentient chakra mass into a weapon (her TSB) right after...
So like Cell and Buu who are not human and therefore don't obey the same rules of biology? Cell's each individual cell contains a copy of his memories, so his brain isn't in his head. Majin Buu is magic (literally magic) so he doesn't obey rules.

The very fact that her shoulder wound remained open after Kakashi cut her with his Kamui Chidori should tell you that her Regenerationn is conscious as she was too busy trying to avoid Sasuke and Naruto. If she had unconscious Regenerationn then her wound would've sealed up nearly instantly. Bored? Oh please Kaguya is about as emotive as Kirsten Stewart. That's her face under any situation even when crying, or getting a face full of reverse Sexy Jutsu.

Well, if you do in fact know of a few characters who can regenerate their heads, then why ask "which characters"?

Ah, so that's what you meant by "effort". I was under the impression that you meant "effort" as in "struggle". Perhaps you are right, or perhaps it takes time for her Regenerationn to kick in or perhaps it only unconsciously activates after she has received a certain amount of damage. I highly doubt there is a way of knowing for certain. Despite all that, the fact remains that she reformed her entire body (i.e. her head) out of the unstable chakra, so whether or not it takes conscious effort to regenerate doesn't affect the fact that she can regenerate her head (the point of this unnecessarily long thread).

P.S. while she does indeed have the emotional range of a rock, you have to admit she did seem pretty surprised when she received a face-full of male genitalia, courtesy of Naruto's Reverse Harem Jutsu

Isn't her Regenerationn automatic? Iirc she absorbed madara's body who had hashirama's Regenerationn. It regenerates wounds without handseals like tsunade's strength of a hundred.

Back