• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

kaguya ootsuki possesses more regenerative power than low-mid Regenerationn

Please provide proof. I'm NOT (holy hell can't believe I actually forgot to type "not" here) trying to be mean here but just cuz you think she can survive decapitatio doesn't actually mean she can.

Edit: Sorry.

That's just a title. I don't think she'd survive decpation but she should be able to be revived like how the bijuus revive themselves when they "die".

Not really, The Biju are special because they're energy given a mind of their own. There's no physical body to kill in their case, however Kaguya is different. She's not an energy being but rather a flesh and blood mortal (albiet a powerful one with her stolen power), so she should be capable of true death if you pit her up against something like Gemini Saga or anything else crazily above her weight class.

Well, Madara did quite easily regenerate getting the left side of his body and like half his face blown off, and after he absorbed the Shinju he stated that he had become "completely immortal", making it safe to assume his regenerative powers had further increased. Kaguya must have at least the same level of Regenerationn he does (maybe even more) so who's to say she couldn't survive decapitation?

That being said, we don't have any definitive proof/feats of her surviving that sort of wound so I don't think we can confidently claim that she could. It's all speculation really.

At most maybe we could add "possibly higher" next to her Regenerationn on her profile...

its possible Kaguya can regenerate from decapitation. Madara was sliced in half at the torso and still grew another lower half.

thats what i was trying to say madara survived after being cut in half he regenerated so kaguya that she's even stonger than the shinju could have more regenerative power so she could survide decapitation. also she's inmortal

FinalBattleX01 in the info it is stated that she has lower mid capacity, and if you look Regenerationn levels low mid Regenerationn can only regenerate limbs but cannot survive decapitation

Yes, I realize that. I'm afraid I'm not sure what you are trying to say.

What I said was that she definitely has at least "low-mid" (as she should have at least Madara's level of regen and has shown to be able to fully regen her arm) but since she has never shown (no feat) of surviving decapitation, we can't put her at "mid". I reiterate, I think that at most we can add "possibly higher" after "low-mid" on her profile.

Phantasys said:
Not really, The Biju are special because they're energy given a mind of their own. There's no physical body to kill in their case, however Kaguya is different. She's not an energy being but rather a flesh and blood mortal (albiet a powerful one with her stolen power), so she should be capable of true death if you pit her up against something like Gemini Saga or anything else crazily above her weight class.
Lol what? Bijuu are living things and they have flesh considering that the gold & silver brothers ate kurama's flesh to become psuedo Jins. There's also the thing that no one not even sasuke brought up the idea of killing her....

I changed it to "At least" to be diplomatic.

She may not even have Regenerationn, just limited invulneralbility. Her arms never regenerated nor did her ear, she likely is just immune to attacks she prepares for. As for madara he has good Regenerationn.

The arm naruto severed remained on the ground and zetsu was using portals to assist kaguya

Just re-read, youre correct.

OnlineLurker said:
Phantasys said:
Lol what? Bijuu are living things and they have flesh considering that the gold & silver brothers ate kurama's flesh to become psuedo Jins. There's also the thing that no one not even sasuke brought up the idea of killing her....

Their "flesh" isn't real. When Hiruzen used the Reaper Death Seal on Orochimaru's arms they didn't vanish like half of Kurama did when Minato Reaper Death Sealed him. The gold and silver brothers merely absorbed some of Kurama's chakra through ingesting his fake false-flesh.

The Narutoverse is weak compared to a lot of other universes out there, killing someone like Kaguya may be unthinkable for the narutoverse but for someone that can destroy galaxies, Kaguya is a bug to be squashed.

Agree,she's strong but there are stronger characters, but yamucha he's pathetic even weaker that krillin how could she lose she could have desintegrate him easily with the bones she throw Also she's inmortal like i mentioned the only way she could die its by sealing her or complitely destroying her body like desintegration a powerful kamehameha.

Phantasys said:
Their "flesh" isn't real. When Hiruzen used the Reaper Death Seal on Orochimaru's arms they didn't vanish like half of Kurama did when Minato Reaper Death Sealed him. The gold and silver brothers merely absorbed some of Kurama's chakra through ingesting his fake false-flesh.

The Narutoverse is weak compared to a lot of other universes out there, killing someone like Kaguya may be unthinkable for the narutoverse but for someone that can destroy galaxies, Kaguya is a bug to be squashed.
Fake flesh? So when obito said the sage gave them life, It was artifical? I mean in chapter 566 gyuki was bleeding when the five tails rammed him, Fake blood too? That's just ridiculous and minato pulled out yin chakra out of kurama. The bijuus physiology is weird they could be made up of flesh but then converted in chakra. I know it's weak compared to other verses but just because you "squash" them doesn't mean they won't come back.

Like alucard. He's considerably weaker than goku so goku can kill him but alucard can keep appearing again and again... I think you get the idea.

OnlineLurker said:
Phantasys said:

Fake flesh? So when obito said the sage gave them life, It was artifical? I mean in chapter 566 gyuki was bleeding when the five tails rammed him, Fake blood too? That's just ridiculous and minato pulled out yin chakra out of kurama. The bijuus physiology is weird they could be made up of flesh but then converted in chakra. I know it's weak compared to other verses but just because you "squash" them doesn't mean they won't come back.
Like alucard. He's considerably weaker than goku so goku can kill him but alucard can keep appearing again and again... I think you get the idea.
I'm saying that the Biju don't have true mass, they are constructs of chakra with sentience. It'd take something that can destroy the soul to kill them. Chakra isn't solid, so the biju aren't either. I go back to the Reaper seal example. When used against something with confirmed real bodies (like Orochimaru) their souls get extracted but their body remains, when used on a biju (like kurama) the sealed parts vanish indicating a lack of true bodies.

Kaguya although powerful ISN'T a chakra construct and therefore is capable of bodily death.

^ Interesting hypothesis. Is is possible, that like all other Bijuu, Kaguya's physical form (post-Chakra Fruit) is also not a chakra mass given physical form. After all, she was shown to be the Juubi, no?

A very intriguing observation by OnlineLurker. Perhaps she is like the Bijuu in the manner that her physical form is pure chakra, but she also differs to them by seemingly being able to recreate parts of herself out of said chakra at will (like when she lost her arm).

This might be why she is considered immortal. As long as she has chakra, she can recreate her body no matter the damage sustained, even if her physical form was completely destroyed (I mean, she was shown to recreate her entire body from pure chakra in order to separate herself from the weird rabbit chakra mass thing on chap. 689).

Maybe she is like the Bijuu in that upon death, she will reform. Except, unlike the Bijuu which take years to do so, she can do it at will.

This could be why Hagoromo and Hamura had to seal her away as opposed to actually killing her. No matter what they did she would just keep reforming.

I dunno, but it seems like a fair hypothesis...

She has a truly staggering amount of chakra. Remember in the chakra sensing sphere thing (during the war), the Juubi's chakra looked like a small planet when compared to the rest of the sphere (Naruto also saw something similar when he was sensing the Juubi with Sage Mode). Kaguya has FAR more chakra than that. Prime Kaguya actually possessed all the chakra on the planet.

To put it in the context of a fight, consider the fact that Naruto fought in the war for however many days tossing out landscape altering Jutsu, creating dozens of clones who used countless Jutsu of their own, fought multiple opponents who where completely out of his league back to back and supplied the entire shinobi army with chakra cloaks powerful enough to withstand an attack from the Juubi. He only started truly running out of chakra in his final fight with Sasuke.

Now consider that Naruto's chakra reserves are nothing compared to Kaguya's...

She also has that dimension that she can go to that greatly speeds up her chakra recovery.

Does she have truly unlimited chakra? No she does not.

Does she have so much that the chances of it running out during a fight are pretty much non-existant? Yes.

That's how I see it anyways...

I guess so, assuming she died/reformed faster than she could recover the chakra she expended to do so. I mean we have never seen her run out of chakra before but I would wager that once she does she can no longer regenerate.

Maybe she would eventually reform from the ambient chakra in the world, but it would take years to do so (like the other Bijuu), though in the context of a VS battle it would still count as a loss.

So wouldn't what i said make her Regenerationn higher? like mid-high or something also it kinda reminds me how kisame regenerated his blown chest by absorbing chakra from samahada.

The fact remains that she has a real physical form (even if she does repair and regenerate it with Chakra) and requires one to survive. Therefore something like instant disintigration would be able to kill her permanently. It's not a matter of her chakra running out but rather killing her faster than she can regenerate.

Her body was the Gedo Mazo which was inside Madara when she possessed him, her original form was the princess form which she reshaped into the Shinju after eating the chakra fruit and absorbing the tree. In any incarnation there was still that physical body that she needed to manifest.

Well, first we would have to see if other people agree with what has been said here before making any changes to her profile.

Assuming people do agree to this, I'm not quite sure what Regenerationn tier she should be in as I don't think we have a "continuously regenerates until energy runs out" tier...

Phantasys, while you are correct about her always having a real physical form, we still don't know if she would die by it being completely destroyed.

When she lost control of the Bijuu and they burst out, transforming her into that massive rabbit ball of pure chakra, her physical body was seemingly destroyed, and yet we see her completely reforming it through the use of chakra.

That's the way I interpret that anyway... Wish we could get some more opinions on this...

I'll concede but i don't agree completely(Not really good with arguments like these). I'll just stick to what finalbattle said.

In any case it looks like even if she can replace her bodies it takes voluntary effort on her part to do so. If she's killed in some way (like Shiki's mystic eyes of death perception) that's faster than she's capable of reacting to the damage then she'd be doomed.

Wait, Wouldn't Kaguya lose the ability to absorb chakra in the root dimension? Iirc she absorbs chakra straight from MT so if the white zetsu were created and left their pods or whatever. There wouldn't be any chakra to absorb anymore.

Another thing that I find interesting about Kaguya's regenerative properties is that her severed limbs don't dissipate, and she can control them from a distance even if she has already replaced them.

To illustrate, after she lost her arm she created a new one but the old one didn't disappear, and in chapter 689 we can see that she can still control her old arm even if it is in no way attached to her body (she used it to fire one of the bone things).

This also lends credence to the theory of her body being made out of chakra since if she was made purely from matter (like regular humans) she should not have the ability to remotely control severed limbs, whereas chakra can be freely manipulated from a distance.

What? You don't have to be made of chakra to remote control bodies. Look at Pain! Kauguya's really in tune with her own parts so she wouldn't need a transmitter.

Except you can't use the Six Paths of Pain on yourself, and that technique allows the user to "possess" bodies and control them as if they were his own, it doesn't manipulate the bodies themselves like a puppet on strings (if it could then the bodies would be unable to "die" unless they were completely annihilated)... plus what do you mean "Kaguya's really in tune with her own parts so she wouldn't need a transmitter", where do you get that from?

The fact remains, that no one in the series (iirc) has shown to be able to still control severed limbs (except for Kakuzu, but he had his threads and Hidan but that guy is legit immortal so... yeah...).

I thought it was an interesting thing to mention that goes well with the "chakra body" theory. Take it or leave it...

Back