• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sakura ahhh speed feat lol

So in the Sakura Novel she dodge an attack that was several orders of magnitude faster than a lightning jutsu
main-qimg-7b4316998a6fec69cc031e394a9a7e6d-pjlq

Lightning jutsu was accepted to be lightning speed wich is 4.4x10e5m/s

Several mean more than 2 or 3. And orders of magnitude is time 10. So at least 1000 or 10000
I use more than 4 for the higher end so 100000

Low End: 4.4x10e5m/s x 1000= 440000000m/s

Mid End: 4.4x10e5m/s x 10000= 4400000000m/s

High End: 4.4x10e5m/s x 100000= 44000000000

The speed of light is 299792458m/s

Low End: 440000000/ 299792458m/s= 1.46 FTL

Mid End: 4400000000 / 299792458m/s= 14.67 FTL

High End: 44000000000 / 299792458m/s= 146.76 FTL

Agree:

Neutral:

Disagree:

This crt was already rejected in the past. The scan literally says she couldn't retreat and avoid it. All she did was take advantage of how the lightning Jutsu was, which is the donut-like space in between the lightning jutsu to escape it.

This crt was already rejected in the past. The scan literally says she couldn't retreat and avoid it. All she did was take advantage of how the lightning Jutsu was, which is the donut-like space in between the lightning jutsu to escape it.
even if I was to agree with you that she couldn't retreat and avoid it and take advantage of the shape of the justsu she still reacted to the jutsu to take advantage of it so her combat speed would scale to the jutsu

even if I was to agree with you that she couldn't retreat and avoid and take advantage of the shape of the justsu she still reated to the jutsu to take advantage of it so her combat speed would scale to the jutsu
Not really because if the lightning jutsu didn't have that flaw, she would have been hit with it. If the lightning jutsu was like a fireball, she would have been hit with it. We've seen multiple characters in different series make a reaction to an attack but still couldn't evade the said attack because they were not fast enough. The only reason Sakura narrowly escaped was because of the huge hole at the middle and the scan makes us aware of that. So nah, I don't agree with the upgrade.

Not really because if the lightning jutsu didn't have that flaw, she would have been hit with it. If the lightning jutsu was like a fireball, she would have been hit with it. We've seen multiple characters in different series make a reaction to an attack but still couldn't evade the said attack because they were not fast enough. The only reason Sakura narrowly escaped was because of the huge hole at the middle and the scan makes us aware of that. So nah, I don't agree with the upgrade.
you are confusing mouvement speed with combat speed, the scan that I sho stated that she leapt forward and slipped trough the cricle of lightning to dodge the bear trap so that prove that the speed was not the problem be the range of the jutsu.

I can understand the first one but how does "several orders of magnitude faster" not meet multiplier standards? It's very blatant.
I agree the same. Since it was said "several times", Sanji was considered 3 times stronger than before. Of course, I don't know if the situation is different between power and speed.

Beast shaped raiton are not accepted as Lightning speed. We tried to get it accepted but DT shut it down. Not only does it have to exhibit properties of lightning but it also has to look like it.
the jutsu is not beast shape it's just the name of the jutsu, the lightning came from the ground

the jutsu is not beast shape it's just the name of the jutsu, the lightning came from the ground
"A circle of electric teeth came snapping at Sakura" Although it is not Beast shaped it still doesn't change my point. Not all raiton are accepted as lightning speed. Only raiton jutsu that are shaped like a lightning bolt are accepted as being lightning speed.

Kido's lightning style: Bear trap does not fit the criteria as explained above. It is not shaped like a lightning bolt. Read this Crt and the Raiton blog to gain an understanding.

What does the scan about the base lightning trap being too fast for Sakura to avoid say exactly? Depending on how that's phrased, you could maybe make an argument for Sakura's reaction speed to be orders of magnitude above her movement/combat speed

So in the Sakura Novel she dodge an attack that was several orders of magnitude faster than a lightning jutsu
main-qimg-7b4316998a6fec69cc031e394a9a7e6d-pjlq

Lightning jutsu was accepted to be lightning speed wich is 4.4x10e5m/s
Heavy disagree. Only specific lightning style jutsu should be assumed to automatically be the speed of cloud-to-ground lightning, inverse there's accepted varying speed of lightning style jutsu with certain one's being praised for moving at such speeds (implying it's not the default) and cloud-to-cloud lightning can be far slower so it simply being lightning doesn't mean much. This jutsu specifically is described as a construction made of lightning and not necessarily a bolt of lightning, so again there's a severe lack of evidence for something which would so radically upscale the accepted speed scaling of the verse.

Also, what's the wikis stance on this specific light novel being canon?

the Sakura novel stuff in regards to speed is being tackled more formally in another thread at some point soon, It's probably better to drop this topic for now since context is being ignored in the proposal and using raiton = baseline lightning speed for a jutsu we have next to no info on visually is very questionable.

Last edited:
I’d say that “raiton jutsu = Lightning speed” is canonically not categorically true. Canonically not every lightning jutsu has the speed of CTG lightning, so we can’t make these assumptions even just talking about inverse scaling beyond just the wiki standards.

Back