• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Junko (Touhou Project) vs The Batter (OFF)

Both of these characters need more love and I thought that since they both have their own ideas of Purification, that this might be interesting.

The Batter at 4-C and both in character.

Junko: 7

Batter: 1

Inconclusive: 1

I haven't seen anything pertaining to Batter latley, Kudos to u.

Anyway, Batter probably takes this via Add-Ons and more variety of abilities.

Scarletmoon56 said:
I haven't seen anything pertaining to Batter latley, Kudos to u.
Anyway, Batter probably takes this via Add-Ons and more variety of abilities.
Sorry I've been away recently, kinda forgot about this thread.

Either way, vote counted.

Junko would totally blitz the Batter at the start of the fight, then try to attack the Add-Ons, but to no avail. They paralyse her, bring back the Batter, and he smites Junko with blows of his holy bat.

He should take this, but I don't know with what difficulties. I mean, he'll lose at first, but then turn the tables.

EliminatorVenom said:
Junko would totally blitz the Batter at the start of the fight, then try to attack the Add-Ons, but to no avail. They paralyse her, bring back the Batter, and he smites Junko with blows of his holy bat.
He should take this, but I don't know with what difficulties. I mean, he'll lose at first, but then turn the tables.
Bluh, I made a reponce to this, but I must of never posted it...

Nonetheless, I like that explanation! Vote counted

Junko seems to be too fast and too ranged from what I can see. I remember reading that all danmaku at least travels faster than the speed of sound, which could be difficult for the batter to deal with. I feel that her flight, speed and danmaku would make her beat the batter.

EDIT: Also im quite sure that she doesn't have to follow turn battle rules, which could be an issue for the Batter.

Drjeanstory said:
Junko seems to be too fast and too ranged from what I can see. I remember reading that all danmaku at least travels faster than the speed of sound, which could be difficult for the batter to deal with. I feel that her flight, speed and danmaku would make her beat the batter.
EDIT: Also im quite sure that she doesn't have to follow turn battle rules, which could be an issue for the Batter.
Ah, good point! Nice to see this gain some attention again. Vote counted,

Well well. Now Junko has Conceptual Manipulation + Resistance to it. I'm convinced that this changes a lot.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
Well well. Now Junko has Conceptual Manipulation + Resistance to it. I'm convinced that this changes a lot.
Indeed, it puts the batter at a huge advatage, I'd say. Also, I'll count this as a vote for now, but feel free to message and I'll take it off if you desire!

Gotcha, I Think the batter can win because he has fought beings that has conceptual manipulation and defeated them. But I think the batter's ability to heal is what's gonna do her in.

GreyFang82 said:
Gotcha, I Think the batter can win because he has fought beings that has conceptual manipulation and defeated them. But I think the batter's ability to heal is what's gonna do her in.
Coolio, vote added!

Btw you should remove the previous votes since their argument is Moot now.

If this is the case then I still vote Batter. Add-Ons give him coverage, HP restore + Status, can counter Junko's Purfication with his own Reality Warping and the ability to see concepts and abstract beings.

No worries, just wanted to have everyone reset their argument with the new info.

Status debuffs and healing are countered by refining/purification. Not the other way around. Reality Warping goes well against Conceptual Manipulation. But Junko is already quite resistant to conceptual manip so ilkely reality manip resist too. Abstract beings definitely mean Batter can attack Junko.

To clarify, Junko's ability to purify is to return things to the state before they had names; i.e., destruction on a conceptual level. Divine spirits like her can also exist seemingly without concepts, giving quite the resistance to conceptual manipulation herself, and she can duplicate herself as many times as desired.

Voting Junko.

.... Holy shit is that really just conceptual resistance? That's a pretty deeper level of resistance.

And yeah an infinite amount of her would be pretty deadly.

^There's probably some conceptual ability out there that'll still do her in. I'd say the most impressive part about her is her purification hax, which has been clarified a lot more with the recent upgrade.

Gotcha, that makes sense. But I think we need to put the part about the purification in her profile just to clarify. It's a detail that I overlooked but if it's that strong then geez.

She can't kill the cast if they have not been hit at least one though, since they technically still haven't experience the purity of death or something, IIRC. It's not like she could just straight up delete him out of existence, at least.

Also IIRC, isn't that Divine Spirit spilted themselve only when they're called on to inhabit an object, like Voldemort's method but waaay better?

More like the protagonist has Eirins shady Ultramarine orb elixir, otherwise they wouldnt have been able to solve the incident. Junkos wording is vague, but given what Ive heard about the Batter, and that her purification still worked when she used it on herself and Clownpiece, itd prolly still work here

The divine spirits and gods' duplication scan only says that if there were a place for them to stay, they could multiply infinitely. She not only has a body, but she can multiply that and her spirit.

In canon, the Protag doesn't used it tho. Instead they Perfect it, in turn making Junko unable to "purify" them to death, since they don't have it to purify to, I think. Junko work because she's full of grudge, and Clownpiece work because she's full of life, to begin with.

Multiple place to stay, mind you, and not with just that body....Though now I imagine about a battle between god in which they inhabit multiple object at once to achieve a resonance effect. Still, they would already be infinite if they could cheat it like that.

In canon, the Protag doesn't used it tho. Instead they Perfect it, in turn making Junko unable to "purify" them to death, since they don't have it to purify to

Are you sure they canonically didn't use the Ultramarine Elixir? Additionally, I'm pretty sure Junko's power will still be able to work on the Batter, even if this is the case, considering after all, the "deaths" even in LoLK are just the protagonist getting hit.

Junko work because she's full of grudge, and Clownpiece work because she's full of life, to begin with.

Purification in Junko's case is to refine anything of all impurities, so this was really just taking a step further and purging all other traits in them, don't see why this match should be any different.

"Doing a no-miss clear on Legacy Mode is what's canon (laugh). Because the "Ultramarine Orb Medicine" doesn't appear in the story when you do a no-miss clear. It didn't matter whether you used it or not. And, the endings where you do get hit have a better explanation of the medicine. The reason for that is mostly meta, because when you start games like I Wanna Be The Guy, the other kind of game becomes harder to play and you can't clear them. Your body can't go back to those. Although, you might ask why it's necessary to go back to those in the first place. But it's not like you have to clear the game on Legacy Mode or anything."

Zun - Strange Creators of Outer World/Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom interview with ZUN

So yeah. And yes, Junko's ability would still work on him. Just want to clarify.

...And? It's not like I'm against those point? Just saying that they must have that trait to begin with for her to "purify" them.

Regardless of what's the "True Pathway" or true thing they did, the other canons are still just as canon. They are not non-canon, but rather what would have happened in a different circumstance. Just want to point that out. I should be sleeping right now so I'm not going to join in whatever's happening.

...It's not really about whether it's canon or not though. I'm just said that Junko's ability wouldn't work, even without Eirin's shady drug, if the protag is doing a no-miss clear in the first place, as they don't have the purity of death for Junko to purify into.

Whoops, went afk for a few days and saw a bunch of posts. Think I edited it right, glad to be corrected though. One more vote for Junko and it should be over, though.

Back