• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jujutsu Kaisen Discussion Page #1

Yuji says that dodging/blocking PB was a 50/50 thing, not something he can consistently do.

The only reason Piercing Blood got that close to him is because he couldn’t react before, because he was blitzed.
But he did react to it. He percieved it, raised up his hands and blocked it, which didn't happen with Naoya even tho they crossed a similair distance and PS is faster. That's why I call the Naoya blitz inconsistent

But he did react to it. He percieved it, raised up his hands and blocked it,
This? It's subsonic.
0101-013.png

But he did react to it. He percieved it, raised up his hands and blocked it, which didn't happen with Naoya even tho they crossed a similair distance and PS is faster. That's why I call the Naoya blitz inconsistent
It wasn’t a greater distance, Naoya was close to them, he statued them both.

And why are you calling Naoya blitzing them inconsistent and not the other way around? Why should I consider Yuji reacting to PB consistent?

This? It's subsonic.
0101-013.png
That's not my point. My point is that the Naoya blitz is inconsistent with what Gege himself has showed us since Yuji can react to a supersonic attack one moment (while off guard btw) but can't react to a subsonic guy the next.

It's not like Shibuya Yuji level characters have feats beyond mach 1 anyway but they shouldn't be gatekept out of say Subsonic+ because of Naoya
It wasn’t a greater distance, Naoya was close to them, he statued them both.
Never said it was a greater distance and Naoya was infact not close to them
0139-012.png

And why are you calling Naoya blitzing them inconsistent and not the other way around? Why should I consider Yuji reacting to PB consistent?
Because he reacted to PS twice (albeit with a difficulty, tho he was also injured at that point)
0103-005.png
0103-006.png

e and Naoya was infact not close to them
I’m talking about the next page where he goes closer to them.
Because he reacted to PS twice (albeit with a difficulty, tho he was also injured at that point)
He was blitzed by PB twice, it’s why he gets hit. This is why we have a rule for calcs like this. Yuji reacts to PB at close range because PB blitzes him.

And if we’re talking about consistency, then Choso Vs Naoya has more Naoya blitzing feats than PB reacting feats from Yuji.

I’m talking about the next page where he goes closer to them.
This?

0139-015.png
0139-016.png

Cause I wouldn't call this statueing since both have visibly moved by the time Naoya is offscreen. They also both notice before he finishes moving since the panel after their reaction has a sound effect and an air puff on the ground, implying that's when Naoya stopped moving.
This is what I'd consider statueing
0109-004.png

(read Sakamoto days btw)
He was blitzed by PB twice, it’s why he gets hit. This is why we have a rule for calcs like this. Yuji reacts to PB at close range because PB blitzes him.
That's confusing. Would that mean Yuji has higher combat speed than reaction speed? Since he can move his arms up in amuch shorter timeframe than he can percieve. Also on the second feat Yuji reacts late because he was suspended mid air
And if we’re talking about consistency, then Choso Vs Naoya has more Naoya blitzing feats than PB reacting feats from Yuji.
Fair on this
That second reaction he literally gets cut across the face. It's a not a good reaction feat
Still dodged which he didn't do with Naoya

Anyway Imma go take a shower

Fair point on the second one, but my point is that using Naobito being known in-universe to be the second fastest at surface level to cap the top tier characters that come in after is a slippery slope
People have got to stop giving Noabito so much flack when it's actually Naoya who handicapped JJK's speed. Naoya was the guy who casually blitzed Yuji and Choso right before Yuta got into a fight with Yuji where he complimented Yuji's speed and had to use Rika to hold him in place only for it to turn out Naoya doesn't surpass subsonic speed until he starts using Projection Sorcery over an extended period to hit top speed and is capable of running laps around Heavenly Restricted Maki who had Toji's stats and that it took Curse Naoya using a combination of a Binding Vow and jet streams to hit Mach 3

0103-005.png
0103-006.png
I used to hype up this feat until KingTempest pointed out that there's a long cut across Yuji's face meaning Piercing Blood's tip was still in contact with his face throughout the dodge feat which makes this way less impressive, not to mention the whole reason Yuji jumped in this scene was to determine the timing of Choso firing Piercing Blood and Yuji himself admits it would've been a 50/50 chance of avoiding it, the whole scene is framed as a damn near miss and some luck on Yuji's part

Last edited:
Back