• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I have no idea where you got the idea of Stands not being equalized in speed equal matches, it would make literally no sense, stands are not summons they are the user's spirit. I've never, ever seen a match where it's assumed that stands don't follow the equalized speed rule

Speed equalization matches all opponent's speeds, and SP is part of Jotaro (It's basically his spirit)
Not because equalization affects Denji and Jotaro, SP has its own attributes different from Jotaro.

For example, in a battle between Ash and Luffy with equalized speed, Ash and Luffy's speed are equalized, but this isn't the case if Ash decides to summon a Charizard.

Not because equalization affects Denji and Jotaro, SP has its own attributes different from Jotaro.

For example, in a battle between Ash and Luffy with equalized speed, Ash and Luffy's speed are equalized, but this isn't the case if Ash decides to summon a Charizard.
... Oh god damn it, I had this in the tip of my tongue but couldn't put it into words! Thank you, Tauan! This is what I was trying to say! The Speed Equal rules is just weird in regards to people like Jotaro/Ash/so forth due to their summons/partners/so forth, so this kinda makes this a huge mismatch.

I'm serious here. I have seen this argument pop up in other Jojo Threads, and seen other users say that this is true. I'm also pretty sure this is the reason on why Jotaro has a lot of wins in the first place and is kinda an unfair advantage that folks like Stand Users or other such characters which is either going to be solved in the future or ignored since it is too much of a cluster **** to solve without severely reducing the chances of certain characters winning their matches and other weird stuff like that.

it's not a cluster **** at all, Stands are a glorified form of personal aura, ie speed equal works normally, which is how I've seen it be done since forever

I have no idea where you got the idea of Stands not being equalized in speed equal matches, it would make literally no sense, stands are not summons they are the user's spirit. I've never, ever seen a match where it's assumed that stands don't follow the equalized speed rule
How many matchups did you see? Literally all involving JoJo that I have seen consider that the stands aren't affected by the matched speed, in fact I think it's even a VSBW standard.

This is just getting confusing. Am I right, are you right, or has there been a major misunderstanding of Speed Equalization rules running amok in the forums that I am unintentionally repeating and needs to be dispelled ASAP?

How many matchups did you see? Literally all involving JoJo that I have seen consider that the stands aren't affected by the matched speed, in fact I think it's even a VSBW standard.
This came about after jojofans got desperate with DIO vs Jiren, and then they started using this without basis

that's absolutely laughable if that's the case, but I'm looking at Jotaro's speed equal matches and none of them have SP as not equalized, sooo...

This is just getting confusing. Am I right, are you right, or has there been a major misunderstanding of Speed Equalization rules running amok in the forums that I am unintentionally repeating and needs to be dispelled ASAP?
I mean, this matchup for example was considered a stomp and closed for this very reason. Several mods in the thread agreed.

The combat speed of that faster character is assumed to be equalized to the combat speed of the slower character. Every other speed the faster character has is reduced by the same multiplier. This includes the speed of any attacks, projectiles, reactions, perception, flight etc - god damn I should've bought the speed equal rules out first.

SP is literally trated as Jotaro's alternate personality on his profile, there's absolutely no way he shouldn't be equalized alongside him

The combat speed of that faster character is assumed to be equalized to the combat speed of the slower character. Every other speed the faster character has is reduced by the same multiplier. This includes the speed of any attacks, projectiles, reactions, perception, flight etc - god damn I should've bought the speed equal rules out first.
^^^^^^^
stands are not summons they are the user's spirit
^^^^^^^^
no, you're not right, even if there's precedence of SP not being equalized, it was just wrong in that case

What part of "the rules expressly say that Star Platinum would be equalized under speed-equal matches" is hard to understand?

I just believe that this is a huge incon mismatch, honestly. I don't think Denji can even outlast Jotaro due to his MFTL reactions and stand that isn't affected by speed equalization rules nor can Denji even touch or affect SP since it requires Denji having enhanced NPI in the first place... Actually, if SP can't even hurt Denji in his Chainsaw Devil Key, why is this a match in the first place, I saw that Jotaro with SP doesn't have the AP nor hax to deal with Denji's superior AP and regen so wouldn't that make this a mismatch in the first place?

Okay, this is just getting headache-inducing at this point. Denji's Chainsaw Devil Key is City Block, and Jotaro's Part 3 Key without TS is Large Building+ and I am sure that his enraged equals higher AP mentions don't give specific numbers and Jotaro won't use SP's intangibility to get a killing blow without prior knowledge. Also, I need either a mod or the OP to confirm if SP is affected by Speed Equalization or not since I am getting conflicting information and I am not getting any closer to what the truth of this matter is.

We have decided that speed should be equalized to combat and reaction speed, not movement. As such, SP's combat and reaction speed would be equalized to match Denji since it is not a speed amp.

Jotaro never defeated a 8-B and three High 8-C+ at once with a single hit while weakened

Anyway, Chainsaw FRA
That "8-B" has about as much scaling as Base The World and Star Platinum ripped holes through it

Star Platinum literally scales above these so called 8-B's

And my worries have been solved, namely, speed - while I am not fully convinced that Denji can outlast SP, I do think it is viable somewhat, so... I vote for Denji, although, I am somewhat so-and-so 'bout the fact that Chainsaw Devil is in a different tier than Jotaro and SP

5% stronger than someone doesn't allow you to punch him into smithereens.
Plat at his peak is actually pretty strong, he could punch The World so hard, that he exploded into tiny fragments

Plat actually can and has punched someone so hard they exploded into smithereens.
High TW himself is like Maximum power HTW>Pissed Plat>HTW>Pissed Plat but not as pissed>one shot>TW base>Base Plat>7.8 tons.

Peak Plat can punch a maximum power HTW who's a one shot and a half above 7.8 tons, and turn him to dust.

So I wouldn't say 5% stronger, but if Baken is using a pissed off to the extreme Jotaro, his power is exponentially (explicitly stated to be exponentially higher in a guide) increasing and allows him to straight up dust ******* that could bully him a minute prior.

... Jesus
Jotaro's goes
Further Enraged Star Platinum>>>(literally punch him so hard he exploded)High The World>>>Enraged Star Platinum>>>(oneshot)The World>Star Platinum>Part 4 Star Platinum>Red Hot Chilli Pepper~7.83tons

This is oneshots above what Pochita form scales to
Which is Pochita>>>Makima>Denji~7.3tons

Chainsaw Devil isn't winning any power bouts in this fight.

And Star Platinum would he more than capable of blowing up Pochita's torso if he ever connects blows which he easily can

Back