• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jotaro Kujo vs Tanya von Degurechaff

Peppersalt43

They/Them
ALTERNATE TITLE: WAGING WAR ON THE STARDUST CRUSADER

Look, @Baken384. As much as the speed equalized rules suck, we're gonna have to play along if we want matches to get added. I actually have another match planned for Jotaro but it's a lot more risque

Also hey! This is the first time I did this format for a Jotaro match... I think this is probably my third Jotaro match
● ------------------------------------- ●
A man in fancy garbs walked through the portal, earning the attention of the rest of the denizens. Scrolls filled up his bags to the point of almost popping out despite being neatly positioned.

"Greetings adventurers, Volothamp Geddard or Volo as you will. If you find anything worth your time, you may take it and I will bill it to this realm" the man explained, laying down his scrolls on a nearby table.
"2 benefactors and all we get is a book seller" Jotaro commented before continuing with his thesis.

"Now now, don't be so fast to turn down the power of literature. For you may find something that'll catch your eye" Volo said, showing his tournament invitation.
"You got invited to one of those too?" Lizardy commented.

"Better yet, I got to write about it!" the author replied, pointing at a particular scroll with details of the champions and their realms "I was unfortunately defeated in the first round. A ghastly foe I had to face off against, one who ended up in the final round". One of the scrolls revealed a tall gangly humanoid, its face censored due to its properties. The Foundation's logo was present at the bottom of the scroll, indicating the nature of this thing.

"I can see why you lost to this thing... So, who won this one?" Setsuna asked.
"A soldier by the name of Tanya von Degurechaff. A terrifying fellow she was really, managed to fly higher than most of us could, fired explosives from great distances, and has quite the skill to back it up. Though in the end, she only won because of a technicality. This entity is quite the menace" Volo explained before folding SCP-096's section.

"Alright, I'll take this" Jotaro said, Star Platinum snagging the scroll depicting Tanya.
"Splendid! I shall bill this to-" the author replied before stopping as he noticed the delinquent pulling the switch on a nearby control panel, opening a portal to a raging battlefield "Wait, you're not-".

"Shut up, salesman! sigh I haven't gotten a point in a while. It's about time" Jotaro said before quickly stepping through the portal and into the fires of war.

• Can't equalize speed
  • Everything above High 8-C is restricted
  • Place Located in: Omaha Beach
440px-Omaha_Beach_Nowadays.jpg

BxhjT9C.jpeg

VS
83-Jotaro-jostar-tagged-1-resized.jpg

That just makes it worse.

How is Jotaro ever going to close a 500m gap, against an enemy with multi km range, flight, and faster movement speed even in speed equal? Against a foe that knows he can only attack while within a few meters.
Of course he can deflect every shot, but he's never going to be able to get her within 2 meters, which is his attack range.

Of course he can deflect every shot, but he's never going to be able to get her within 2 meters, which is his attack range.
Doesn't Star Platinum have crazy accuracy feats? He can just use his opponent's projectiles against them and him being way faster means even if those projectiles explode on command, they'll fly back faster than his opponent can react

Plus even if neither gets hit, this'll just end up being a stamina battle

Yeah, he does, but what's that matter? He isn't hitting a target 500m away, speed equal, with a thrown projectile, that he has to wait for to begin with (meaning in that timeframe she's likely widened the gap even more). That has nothing to do with precision, she literally just has to move and that's that.

And there's still the issue of AP, thrown projectiles obviously aren't as strong as his punches, especially if they have to cover hundreds of meters, likely kilometers given she's likely going to make the gap wider and wider, the projectiles power is obviously going to drop the further it's thrown. And Plat doesn't have feats of throwing things that far to begin with, his best thrown feat is throwing iggy nearly 400m, there's some novel feats like CD throwing a rock multiple kilometers with enough force to crater the ground on impact, but that's a novel feat and thus can't be used.

And it being a stamina battle doesn't help, she has snipers and multi-km ranged attacks, what's stopping her from just ******* off, resting and coming back? Jotaro can't exactly sense or locate her if she decides to just **** off and then come back whenever she's good to go.

This distance isn't going to work, he's a short-range Stand, as in he's defined by having bad range as a weakness, putting him against a character with every possible way to exploit that isn't gonna end well, in fact it's a hard counter as he has zero conceivable way to close that gap. Someone like Kakyoin would have a way higher chance of winning despite being far weaker than Jotaro, simply because he's a long range Stand. Even with time stop, he's going to have a hard time covering that gap.

Bruh, 400m is still 400m, in speed equal, as in her dodge speed is going to be the same as the projectile's movement, and said projectile moving 400m vs her moving like half a foot to dodge speaks for itself.
Even in context of that very feat, someone slower than him had enough time to recall their Stand and protect themselves. Nothing changes. If you want this match to be a thing you have to figure out a way for Jotaro to somehow get Tanya within 2m of himself, despite the fact she has multi-km range, flight, faster movement speed and knows not to get within 2m of him all the while Jotaro is forced to constantly be deflecting attacks while trying to get close as she widens the gap.
Use Post-The World Jotaro
You could, but all of the above still applies except he can shave off like 20m every little bit for free, at that point it's a matter of is him shaving off 20m per time stop enough of a net gain over her constantly moving away?
If the answer is no then nothing changes.

I can not stress enough on how large of a mismatch this is, at range she just zones him and he can't do anything about it, up close she gets throttled, there is no in-between.

Bruh, 400m is still 400m
Not by a hundred meters, down to 100 meters. So just 100 meters starting distance
knows not to get within 2m
I uh, haven't actually given the prior knowledge thing
as in her dodge speed is going to be the same as the projectile's movement,
Wait what? It's not gonna be at Star Platinum's speed?
I can not stress enough on how large of a mismatch this is, at range she just zones him and he can't do anything about it, up close she gets throttled, there is no in-between.
So that's why I feel like I'm gonna regret this

Not by a hundred meters, down to 100 meters. So just 100 meters starting distance
Same issue still applies, 100m throw distance vs moving like half a foot, she can widen the distance while still attacking while moving faster than he can close the gap.
I uh, haven't actually given the prior knowledge thing
That doesn't change much, why would she ever get close to him, with or without it? She attacks with range, I don't know much about her but has she ever entered CQC?
Wait what? It's not gonna be at Star Platinum's speed?
No? Star Platinum can toss objects at mach speeds, and has done so before, but obviously, the faster the object gets thrown, the more energy and LS it takes. Even factoring future CRT's, Plat is only Class M minus that 8-A Class G outlier calc,
If Plat could casually just yeet objects at FTL speeds, or hell, even rel speeds, he'd be way the **** above just High 8-C/Class M.
The only time a thrown projectile was ever thrown that fast in JoJo is TW's knives, and that's an exception that proves the rule (Other examples would be King Crimson throwing scapels, yet the much slower SF could catch them, or Plat throwing Iggy, and the magnitudes slower the Fool being able to defend itself and protect Iggy).
I guess by that logic you could argue that DIO's World Pissed off Plat could chuck objects at FTL as he's = TW, or maybe cheat the system but tossing things in Stopped Time, but nonetheless, if you want to go that route, he just tosses an object at her at FTL speed, blitzing her, and killing her instantly if you use enraged Plat, otherwise his tossed objects are only like mach based on feats like tossing the spear faster than gunfire.

Same issue still applies, 100m throw distance vs moving like half a foot, she can widen the distance while still attacking while moving faster than he can close the gap.

That doesn't change much, why would she ever get close to him, with or without it? She attacks with range, I don't know much about her but has she ever entered CQC?

No? Star Platinum can toss objects at mach speeds, and has done so before, but obviously, the faster the object gets thrown, the more energy and LS it takes. Even factoring future CRT's, Plat is only Class M minus that 8-A Class G outlier calc,
If Plat could casually just yeet objects at FTL speeds, or hell, even rel speeds, he'd be way the **** above just High 8-C/Class M.
The only time a thrown projectile was ever thrown that fast in JoJo is TW's knives, and that's an exception that proves the rule (Other examples would be King Crimson throwing scapels, yet the much slower SF could catch them, or Plat throwing Iggy, and the magnitudes slower the Fool being able to defend itself and protect Iggy).
I guess by that logic you could argue that DIO's World Pissed off Plat could chuck objects at FTL as he's = TW, or maybe cheat the system but tossing things in Stopped Time, but nonetheless, if you want to go that route, he just tosses an object at her at FTL speed, blitzing her, and killing her instantly if you use enraged Plat, otherwise his tossed objects are only like mach based on feats like tossing the spear faster than gunfire.
oh?

Back