• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Judgment for The Devil of Rhine: Sans VS Tanya von Degurechaff:

Both at 9-A

Speed is equalized

Fight takes place at the Brandenburg Gate (Berlin, Germany)

Both start 20 meters from each other

Fight ends in Death

"Do you wanna have a Bad Time?":7 (JustANormalLemon, Stillwinston, FantaRin_The_First, TheKillerYT, MaidRips, Artorimachi_Meteoraf, The_Almighty_Wholesome)

"I have seen the eyes of men, burning with hatred.":1 (CoreOfimBalance)

Inconclusive:0

EqF6hp8XMAAYUxh.jpg:large
0d24320d-682b-401f-9ed8-c6a48d16c6ce.jpg

Last edited:
I'd actually recommend you start a closer range lol.

That said this is a match that holy shit you can deny Tanya's flight advantage. With all of the enemies Tanya killed, the bones are gonna hit hard on her. However Stamina and AOE are big advantages for her. She's no stranger to dodging danmaku, she might get tricked up by the attacks you're not supposed to dodge but should be adaptable. Barriers help. Illusions help.

I think she can outlast Sans honestly but I'll hold my vote for now.

I say Sans because he has better lifting strength and could probably win by slamming Tanya into the ground, which he has done many times before to Frisk.

Let's not forget that Sans is a literal genius, in and out of combat, who can dodge without even needing to be aware of what's happening as shown by him dodging Frisk in his sleep, who only managed hit him by cheating and breaking the rules of the game. His teleportation is also gonna make him a bitch and a half to hit, even with AOE, especially when he can teleport Tanya into his attacks and just ragdoll her with his TK. She can't block his attacks either since his shit is all intangible as well.

True. Hm... So how would Sans Durability-Ignoring stuff work against Tanya's barriers? Like... would it just go pass 'em? If so, wouldn't Sans' attacks one-shot her through the fact that Tanya's base durability is street level? Would it be the same for Sans Telekinesis?

True. Hm... So how would Sans Durability-Ignoring stuff work against Tanya's barriers? Like... would it just go pass 'em? If so, wouldn't Sans' attacks one-shot her through the fact that Tanya's base durability is street level? Would it be the same for Sans Telekinesis?
yeah if her dura is only street then sans squishes her the second he does any tk

One issue is she has barriers for defense which is literally for cases like that.

Also forgot to mention. Homing attacks would be the anthithesis to Sans and Illusion Creation is another thing she can do. Also... Would pain manipulation kinda just screw over Sans? Cause I dont' think that even eneds to hit. That just needs Sans to be in the AOE.

One issue is she has barriers for defense which is literally for cases like that.

Also forgot to mention. Homing attacks would be the anthithesis to Sans and Illusion Creation is another thing she can do. Also... Would pain manipulation kinda just screw over Sans? Cause I dont' think that even eneds to hit. That just needs Sans to be in the AOE.
will the barrier block out tk?

homing attacks could be a problem but sans still could dodge an attack from someone he thought couldnt move while he was fast asleep so its not a huge issue

sans doesnt have any direct pain tolerance feats but he was fully willing to stand in one spot doing nothing with the person he hated the most out of basically anything for the rest of time just to stop them from going anywhere so he should have considerable willpower, how bad is her pain manip and how does she do it

Would Tanya's pain manip even work on Sans? Like am pretty sure Sans' type 1 inorganic physiology (due to him being a literal skeleton composed of magic) no-sells that completely and utterly. Homing Attacks and Ilusions Creation are things that can heavily screw him over, tho.

will the barrier block out tk?

homing attacks could be a problem but sans still could dodge an attack from someone he thought couldnt move while he was fast asleep so its not a huge issue

sans doesnt have any direct pain tolerance feats but he was fully willing to stand in one spot doing nothing with the person he hated the most out of basically anything for the rest of time just to stop them from going anywhere so he should have considerable willpower, how bad is her pain manip and how does she do it
Probably not the tk so she can get grabbed if Sans chooses to grab her early.

Willpower is good. Pain manip is different tho.

Would Tanya's pain manip even work on Sans? Like am pretty sure Sans' type 1 inorganic physiology (due to him being a literal skeleton composed of magic) no-sells that completely and utterly. Homing Attacks and Ilusions Creation are things that can heavily screw him over, tho.
Depends since it's neural based or something but I guess that makes sense too.

That said yeah, Homing attacks is the bane. I'm more surprised illusion can work here tho.

how does she do her pain manip
Gonna be honest, I based that pain manip stuff from what I hear in debates. It's my goal to eventually reread the series and attach all reference chapters on the abilities.

What a debate hum?

I will lwan toward sans trough, intangible atacks, that deal soul damage bigger the more you have killed...

Sans realistically could one shot with his TK and has a really surprising usefull TP that can take the l0li hitl3r surprised, not to mention sans start with his strongh atack... Sooooo...

Even if Tanya can screw sans with AOE, homing atacks and pain manipulation, she would probable die by sans strongh atack in the start of the fight, he would just need to get to the TK part of the atack... Buuuttt

Sinse sans TK is gravity based and Tanya can magic fly, could she just ignorer sans TK?

Untill I'm giving a awnser, voting sans

Back