• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

9-A+ Tournament Round 1 Match 4. Volo vs SCP-096

but first, lets list what volo and 096 can do. i dont know volo and its been a while since i read 096's page

can volo do anything against 096's super sustinance? 096 can survive having massive chunks blown from its body with no ill affects

can volo do anything against 096's super sustinance? 096 can survive having massive chunks blown from its body with no ill affects
You mean Type 2 Immortality
time for volo to die lol
Yeah it's not good. Volo is not a combatant. Hell, his spells are mostly distractions and illusions which 096 can see through easily. However he does one very good spell being Wraithform which allows him to become incorporeal at will which he will use to observe and study this strange creature. He can't attack under those conditions though and he doesn't have Type 1 Immortality or Self-Sustenence (He does have Longevity though and weirdly enough 096 doesn't have Type 1 Immortality)

However he does one very good spell being Wraithform which allows him to become incorporeal at will which he will use to observe and study this strange creature. He can't attack under those conditions though and he doesn't have Type 1 Immortality or Self-Sustenence (He does have Longevity though and weirdly enough 096 doesn't have Type 1 Immortality)
what is volo's lv and how many spell slots he got? cus 096's rage lasts an extremely long time and wraithform doesnt in comparison
You mean Type 2 Immortality
my b, im a dumbass

Sounds like SCP wins sooner or later

His spell rating is the bare minimum for Wraithform to work Lvl 3. Should be enough time for him to figure out what works and doesn't.
welp, i dont think thats enough time for 096 to calm down, and while raging 096 will literally go to the ends of the earth to kill someone.

if volo is barely lv3, that means he has 2 lv3 spell slots. wraithform is 3 rounds per lv, and a DnD round is 6 seconds of combat. that means he gets 36 seconds of invulnerability. if he looks at 096's face once during that time 096 will go into rage, and hunt where volo's incorp body is. he doesn't have to see volo, he once hunted down someone across the sea because they looked at a picture.
096 is small building in AP, and volo is small building+ in defence, but I don't think that volo has any way to stop 096 from tearing him to shreads over time
Also, are you knowledgeable on D&D?
barely. i play some and know a few of the monsters, but I don't know shit about the lore or official stories

Last edited:
also, where is the actual rep for 096? i don't know the actual feats, Im just know 096 through osmosis of the scp fandom

Yeah, Volo doesn't seem to have the means to out 096 down if he looks at his face (which is like, sure to happen).
096 stupid stamina and regen, on top of having larger LS should allow him to push through Volo's rapier and dagger.
096's ESP counters invisibility and illusions, his animalistic brain should make SI and Friends useless, Color's Spray would daze 096 a bit bu that's it, and Wraithful form would just delay Volo's death.

Honestly, I could argue this being a stomp.

096 has an LS advantage, and eventually can have a speed advantage if it really drags out that long. (he can amp his speed pretty high, but usually doesn't as he only amps to a speed he can reach his target from)

Nothing Volo does will be able to stop 096's attempts to get volo in his grasp, as the regeneration, and his pain immunity stops that.

Volo does have the wincon of that incorporeality. assuming Volo can stay in there long enough, 096 may give up as he has with people he found impossible to kill.

oh wait, that incorporeality doesn't last that long. so it sounds like all Volo can do is stay defensive until 096 deems him too much of a pain to kill, which with Volo's durability and haxes, most notably his empathetic manipulation. that can likely calm 096 down and pacify him. i believe thats a valid wincon volo has.

but other than that one ability? i cant see Volo being able to REALLY get 096 to give up without pacifying him with that. other than that i think 096 just runs, grabs and tears to pieces eventually.

all volo seems to be able to do is force incon. he def cant win, but an infinite loop of rage and calm down could work

How many spells can Volo cast? Like, does he have a magic pool limit? Can he cast them in quick succession?

all volo seems to be able to do is force incon. he def cant win, but an infinite loop of rage and calm down could work
if 096 gives up once, he's not going to attempt to fight the same person again. he refuses to fight 682 again as he knows he cant actually kill him. the same would apply here. if Volo can either

A. calm 096 down

B. incon him long enough where he gives up

he wont engage Volo anymore, and will give up. which iirc is considered a wincon for Volo

Volo's got 36 seconds of intangibility, right? Would it be enough to make 096 surrender?
Also, from what I read, Friends doesn't work on those hostile to you.

So he can use wraithform 2 times at most, given he gets the chance of casting the second when the first wears off.
Anyway, it doesn't seem enough to lead to an incon anyway.
I renew my vote for 096

Aye, Volo ain't shit as a fighter and is more likely to try to run when clearly outclassed than win a fight.

My vote for the lanky ************.

Um what is 096's 9-A value?
I think it lacks any calcs or solid ratings so we'd assume baseline no?

That's an x26 stat difference so

So Volo has the stat edge here
What prevents him from stabbing 096's head and aim for the brain in theory?
to quote from the original file,

Capt. █████████: [Pauses] Yeah, yeah. It started screaming at us, and crying. Not animal roaring though, sounded exactly like a person. Really ******* creepy. [Pauses again] We started firing when it picked up Corporal ██ and ripped off his leg. God, he was screaming for our help… ****** 'A… anyway, we were blowing chunks out of the target, round after round. Didn't do jackshit. I almost lost it when it started [DATA EXPUNGED] him.

Dr. ███: That's when you ordered the use of an [Papers are heard moving] AT-4 HEDT launcher?

Capt. █████████: An anti-tank gun. Started carrying it ever since SCP-███ got loose. I've seen those tear through tanks like tissue paper. Did the same thing to the target.

Dr. ███: There was significant damage to SCP-096?

Capt. █████████: It didn't even ******* flinch. It kept tearing apart my squad, but with half of its torso gone. [He draws a large half-circle across his torso]

Dr. ███: But it was taking damage?

Capt. █████████: If it was, it wasn't showing it. It must have lost all its organs, all its blood, but it didn't acknowledge any of it. Its bone structure wasn't hurt at all, though. It kept tearing my squad apart.

I dont think that volo's rapier would hurt it much

I'm using the first key
I know, but considering he seemingly fine during the interview implies his injuries hinder him outside combat.
No type 2 immortality. If I recall, did his fight with 106 and 682 count for extended canon? Because that's where I remembered his Type 2 feat
I believe his fight with 106 was Extended canon, since idk if he has a termination log like 682 does. i think his Immo 2 comes from his capture, from being freaking disembodied.

096 amps, ourtuns.
My man I think you misunderstood my post. I agree Volo gets his shit rocked, man's a piss-poor fighter. I don't think every point you're bringing up holds up to scrutiny, but it doesn't really matter when the opposition is more prone to giving up than properly fighting back.

To be fair, the most accurate representation of Volo would be immediately trying to communicate (and worm his way out of the conflict) before promptly high-tailing it up a tree or some other scaleable surface.

But anywho. Just to be clear, I am voting for 096 in this fight.

And just to get this concluded

096 FRA

And that's grace, thank you everyone

{Also in case you're wondering, this is allowed based on this thread}

Back