• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Voldemort vs Tanya Von Degurechaff

I had thought about trying this match awhile ago, might as well get it put up now. Plus wanna get more Mass Effect matches done
  • Speed is equalised
  • Tanya is 9-A
  • Both are 15 meters apart
  • SBA otherwise
Mr No Nose: 0

WW1 soldier: 1

Incon: 0

Last edited:
Shepard is no stranger to flight stuff, guy's fought gunships and jetpack tech is common in mass effect. Shepard can use things like Adrenaline Rush, Concussion Shot, weapon powers like Overkill, Assassination or various ammo types like Cryo or Incendiary too.
  • Adrenaline Rush: For a brief moment it slows down time around the player, giving a small window to line up the perfect head-shot with the sniper rifle or other weapons, as well as increasing the damage dealt, including melee damage.[4][5]
  • Concussive Shot: Fires a single high-powered round that damages a target and can stun it for a few seconds

Shepard is no stranger to flight stuff, guy's fought gunships and jetpack tech is common in mass effect. Shepard can use things like Adrenaline Rush, Concussion Shot, weapon powers like Overkill, Assassination or various ammo types like Cryo or Incendiary too.
  • Adrenaline Rush: For a brief moment it slows down time around the player, giving a small window to line up the perfect head-shot with the sniper rifle or other weapons, as well as increasing the damage dealt, including melee damage.[4][5]
  • Concussive Shot: Fires a single high-powered round that damages a target and can stun it for a few seconds
Tanya would literally fly kilometers away tho

I feel like a note should be placed on Tanya saying that she should be faced with enemies that can deal with her range. Otherwise matches are one sided

That's nice and all, but as COB said Tanya is known to just fly outside the opponent's range, which she can do here. So none of that works.

One of her strategies on the Rhine front was really just "opposing mages fly at 4km height, so I fly at 8km height where they can't fight" (or was it feet? Would need to check). She's become known by her enemies for sniping them from outside the range they could properly identify her.

1. Is that the first thing Shepard does in character?
2. Her forcefields should protect her for long enough to pull it off.

Adrenaline Rush is the signature power of the soldier class, considering the class description is about detailing the power so yeah they're very likely to open with it. Besides concussive shot Solder Shep is all about guns and more guns. So question with the forcefields it says the passive one only protects against bullets and shrapnel and blast waves. Would that protect against the elemental effects of the ammo then?

Yes, they would. They protect against the stuff that mages in Youjo Senki fire, which includes heat rays and stuff. Also protects against the coldness of flying very high.

Hmmm after thinking it over it does look like it'd be unlikely for Shepard to win here, I might have another opponent for Tanya I will edit this match

I'll have to think on this. I feel like Tanya can defend against the killing curse, but Voldemort has a lot of useful things like flight and teleportation to keep up. This might be the fairest match for Tanya despite the stat gap.

I still lean on Tanya for now, but not voting yet

Afaik the killing curse says no to magical barriers, Protego and other spells do jack all against protecting against it hence why people in the HP verse have to dodge it or use objects to block it.

harrypotter-harry.gif

Tanya can pull the trigger faster than Voldemort can say the killing curse, no?

Voldemort can teleport or use protego, plus he has non verbal magic too so he'd only require a gesture too iirc

Last edited:
Voldemort can teleport or use protego, plus he has non verbal magic too so he'd only require a gesture too iirc
I don't think he can cast Avada in particular non-verbally, though.

Tanya can spawn a bunch of illusion which can't be easily seen through by even those trained in it. So that he aims counterspells in the right direction is questionable.

Meanwhile, homing shots from Tanya would follow him even after teleport.

Might not be able to do Avada non verbally (Will need to check there) can still do other stuff non verbally like turn her equipment into useless objects, homing attack with fiendfyre, paralyze with petrificis totalis/crucio. One AK and its gg too from what I see here, plus Voldemort loves to use Crucio on his opponents too which I don't see any resist to. Also he could probe her mind with Legilimency to predict her next moves etc

Last edited:
Problem is that thanks to the illusion decoys he would have like a 5% chance of attacking the right Tanya, even if he could hit her at all. Tanya can sense magic and aimdodge it before it's cast.

Doesn't get past Legilimency, which Voldemort has used in combat similar to Snape and throughout pretty much the entirety of book 5 iirc so him using it is very likely. Legilimency can also be used both wandlessly and nonverbally so Tanya won't even know he's probing her mind unless those senses outright says he can. Thought based teleporting and flight helps him stay in the fight. Can those illusions even attack or not?

EDIT: I looked it up, Avada Kedavra can indeed be done non verbally. Here are excerpts of Bellatrix and Voldemort both doing so

"Wait!"

The harsh cry startled the fox, now crouching almost flat in the undergrowth. It leapt from its hiding place and up the bank. There was a flash of green light, a yelp, and the fox fell back to the ground, dead.

(Half-Blood Prince)

Example 2 with Voldemort

“I have nothing more to say to you, Potter,” he said quietly. “You have irked me too often, for too long. AVADA KEDAVRA!”…

But the headless golden statue of the wizard in the fountain had sprung alive, leaping from its plinth to land with a crash on the floor between Harry and Voldemort. The spell merely glanced off its chest as the statue flung out its arms to protect Harry…

Voldemort raised his wand and another jet of green light streaked at Dumbledore, who turned and was gone in a whirling of his cloak.

(Order of the Phoenix)

Last edited:
Doesn't get past Legilimency, which Voldemort has used in combat similar to Snape and throughout pretty much the entirety of book 5 iirc so him using it is very likely. Legilimency can also be used both wandlessly and nonverbally so Tanya won't even know he's probing her mind unless those senses outright says he can.
Problem is that legilimency isn't an AoE effect either. It only lets him read the mind of the person targeted. So he has to go through the illusions one by one to see which one has a mind.

Thought based teleporting and flight helps him stay in the fight. Can those illusions even attack or not?
They can't deal damage, no. But I don't think flight and teleporting will allow him to dodge light beams.

Or this

Btw. I think Tanya can probably fly higher than Voldi. At 8000m or so he would probably pass out from lack of oxygen. So if the battle drags on she might be able to do that.

EDIT: I looked it up, Avada Kedavra can indeed be done non verbally. Here are excerpts of Bellatrix and Voldemort both doing so

"Wait!"

The harsh cry startled the fox, now crouching almost flat in the undergrowth. It leapt from its hiding place and up the bank. There was a flash of green light, a yelp, and the fox fell back to the ground, dead.

(Half-Blood Prince)

Example 2 with Voldemort

“I have nothing more to say to you, Potter,” he said quietly. “You have irked me too often, for too long. AVADA KEDAVRA!”…

But the headless golden statue of the wizard in the fountain had sprung alive, leaping from its plinth to land with a crash on the floor between Harry and Voldemort. The spell merely glanced off its chest as the statue flung out its arms to protect Harry…

Voldemort raised his wand and another jet of green light streaked at Dumbledore, who turned and was gone in a whirling of his cloak.

(Order of the Phoenix)
I'm not sure if the spell ot being written out is the same as it not being said. It could just as easily mean that it wasn't heard or Rowling leaving out repetition.

As the second quote shows Voldemort frequently does cast it verbally, after all.

Back