• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Milly Rocking Bandit said:
What can Jonathan do against Akaza's passive Fear Manip, Precog + Enhanced Sense/Extrasensory Perception, and Reactive Power Level?
Passive Fear Manip is a problem, but Akaza would be turned to ash if he even gets hit by Jonathan's Hamon. But Joseph would be better, he always ***** his pants when he faces someone far stronger (look: Ultimate Kars that everyone was fearing, Straizo etc) and still manages to win

Hamon is a martial art that create sunlight energy by breathing and it ignores one's durability, especially on vampires or likes of that. It melts their flesh and turns into ash. You can also infuse something with Hamon and make anything a weapon. It's literally a counter for Akaza as I see because he's weak to sunlight so he can be one-shotted by Hamon and can't regenerate from that.

Those three are good but he can one shot Akaza (you can even infuse your entire body with Hamon) and Jonathan/Joseph (Maybe OP will change it to Joseph who's superior to Jonathan) have the durability to not be instantly one-shotted.

Akaza literally resists Regen Negation, from fighting Tanjirou who constantly uses techniques that use sunlight and flames to negate natural demons Regenerationn, and still regenerates. Regardless, it doesn't seem like this is passive, and it has to hit Akaza.

That's not gonna work, as stated above.

Let's say that it's still able to somewhat pierce the resistance, can it get through any of what I listed?

There's no resistance to fear manipulation here at all so honestly I don't know why I'm bringing up Akaza's actual abilities.

Sorry to say but Fear Manip isn't an instant win. Joseph fought many guys who were scaring EVERYONE with their presence alone and still managed to win.

Every JoJo vampire has Enhanced Senses, and Joseph (I'm gonna now talk about Joseph) with some strategy, supported by some dumb luck outsmarted a guy who 500IQ, eyesight equal to space telescope, horn that actually gives you Extrasensory Perception and Reactive Evolution. Of course, without Hamon because it was useless against Kars. But he still did it, and he destroyed Straizo who is on the same level as PB Dio (or even superior because he actually lived and trained far longer)

But there's no resistance to it on the profile, though. Sorta the same logic you gave me on the other Akaza thread, where if it doesn't exist on the profile it isn;t exactly viable.

But Akaza's Enhanced Senses act like a compass, ones that are able to render Tanjirou's precog only barely useful, and pierced his openings quite easily. Furthermore, it has the strange effect of almost pulling where Akaza wants to hit. Keep in mind, Akaza primarly used this ALONE against Tanjirou's precog, then got one of his own.

Yeah but it's not instant kill hax, it gives you fear doesn't it? And Joseph while being scared and ran for his life EVERY time defeated his opponents, maybe that's PIS but it happened. He was so scared of Kars he ran away from him and during that was thinking of a plan but still stood his ground. I don't know if this counts as resistance though.

Yeah but you were talking about speed (I wasn't even doubting, but arguments when something is not on page aren't really relevant to the victory) Fear hax =/= instant win, you can still fight while being scared AF but it makes it extremely hard

Not a Kimetsu expert so idk how to compare, but Kars became "Ultimate Lifeform" and was literally a mix of every living being ever, he has senses far beyond any animal on the Earth. His horn actually detects air pressure and heat so he knows where his opponent is, what is he doing and can instantly detect you. I think that's a good feat.

from what i know the fire,water and the other thing in kimetsu arent real they are just there for cool effect i think people always say that so i think he dosent use litteral sun,fyre and other

If you run away from your opponent, then you win via incap. Akaza's fear is far stronger than Rui's, who nearly paralyzed Tanjirou in fear. That's not a resistance at all, and I don't see all the reasons for these FRAs when your reasonings don't explain at all how he gets past Akaza's Precog + Enhanced Senses + Extrasenory Perception.

None of this explains how Joseph or Johathan even win this, you're just saying he fought people who've have this, but were still afflicted. So, let me explain Akaza's wincons:

• Fear Manip, as we've stated that he has no resistance to.
  • Precog + Enhanced Senses + Extrasensory Perception that'll allow him to see his stand, or at the very least sense it.
  • Instant Reactive Power Level, throughout the fight and in a case that Akaza may be losing.
  • Resistance to Regen Null.
Akaza always aims for vitals, so he is not allowing who's he's fighting any chance to plan out a strategy whatsoever unless he's fighting multiple people at once.

I literally explained that he fought guys who have the same abilities. Akaza's Regen Negation Resistance is up to High-Mid, Hamon would work even on guys with Low-High if they are vulnerable to sunlight, that's what it do. Only guys with Mid-High can regenerate from being reduced to ash or smoke.

Everyone was paralyzed by even seeing Kars. Look here. Speedwagon who stood his ground against PB Dio (who had an even match with other guy from Kimetsu btw) and was willing to fight him even though he knew he had no chances was scared shitless of Kars, same with Stroheim who was earlier fighting Kars when he was still a normal Pillar Man. So was Joseph. I said already that he can fight opponents while being scared AF and it seems Kars' enhanced senses are superior to Akaza's. He lost to Joseph because he was so unpredictable. Not mentioning Joseph being Extraordinary Genius that can outsmart Pillar Men with 500IQ. I'm stonewalling for sure, but I think it makes sense.

I know that sounds ridiculous but if they fight in opened location, with Joseph's stamina he can fight until morning (he fought with Pillar Men for that amount of time). And we know what then happens. Literally what would happen to Kars if he wasn't immune to sunlight.

Only Stand users can see Stands. Extrasensory Perception doesn't mean shit. Akaza would need to be born with a Stand or pierced with Stand Arrow to see Hermit Purple and that isn't happening. Sensing Hermit Purple would be quite useless because Joseph uses it mainly to fly or see Tomoko's feet pics seeing something with ghost photos. It is Non-Corporeal.

Don't forget JoJo too has Analytical Prediction and can predict movements too, and he still has Regenerationn (Low-Mid), so he can still heal if Akaza aims for vital. Also he can protect his body with Hamon, Dio with The World immediately noticed that during stopping time and himself admit that Hamon gave him huge trouble 100 years ago. Joseph is clever enough to test his Precog.

Fighting a guy with the abilities=/=Having a resistance to them. All he has is knowledge on how to at best combat it. As I said, Akaza has commonly taken strikes from Nichirin swords, swords made from ore that continually absorb and take in sunlight. Take that with the fact that Tanjirou Post-Red Light District arc, he spams techniques that null regen ALONE + his Nichirin sword (which is significantly stronger than the one he had there, he goes through these swords a lot). So Akaza's regen is easily still viable, along with his resistance.

Kars possesses the senses of every single animal, right? That's fine, but how does it make it superior? Quality>Quantity. Akaza's Enhanced Senses+Extrasensory Perception>Tanjirou's, and Tanjirou can smell emotions, intent, and feelings with his own. In fact, he could actually do that BEFORE he got Precog, it just got amplified into Precognition when he was in a life or death situation. So actually, that's another wincon for Akaza, being able to pierce Tanjirou's Precog, something I forgot to add to his profile.

I'm not even going to begin to get into the argument of who can see Stands, so let's say he can SENSE their presence. If he uses it to fly, then, he merely goes for Joseph, while any sneak attack or intervention that the Stand tries to use, he sees it coming, and fights back. Futhermore, Akaza still has rather instant Reactive Power Level against those who power up against him, like when Giyuu gained the mark and began to fight on par with him, two or so pages later his speed "immediately" matched his.

Regen Null only works on what's it has been shown to work on, nothing higher. Hamon's best regen null feat is against High Mid and that's what Akaza resists. Hamon is not going to be negating Akaza's regen here.

Mind Control exists.

That being said, its in character more for Jonathan and Caesar than for Joseph. He would use it only after exhausting all his options, provided he lives that long.

I don't think he would. Joseph's used to fighting opponents that fight in unorthodox ways (Wamuu with his race, Esidesi's veins, Santana's morphing of his body,etc.). Akaza would just rush him with brute force before he has enough time to think of a plan. With Akaza's regen and battle sensing, Joseph's just going to get pummeled. Joseph's prediction is just a "you'll do this next!" but doesn't necessarily mean he'll be able to do anything about it. Plus, Tanjirou who's also able to predict the opponent's moves like Joseph, was unable to do so to Akaza.

BlackGiorno69 said:
Speed Equalized and joseph thought of plans under difficult circumstances and with fast precision
I mean, for Wammu and Esidesi's defeats, it was with items that he had prepared before the battle (the alcohol and cap).

Akaza fra. Joseph will have a hard time landing a attack in the first place thanks to Fear hax and Akazas battle compass, while Akaza's attacks literally home into weakspots like a piece of metal is drawn onto a magnet

Back