• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure General Discussion Thread III: Stardust Crusaders

Armorchompy said:
Look at him go wee
Come to think of it, anime Jotaro could also have flight
Canon Jotaro actually has flight though, contrary to popular belief, in the manga it isnt just him jumping, in the manga he flies and uses stand jumps interchangably throughout the arc. Hell in the first exchange he and Dio start levitating upward with zero force propelling them up and then Jotaro floats midair, turns around and looks at Dio while in mid air and has an entire conversation with him, all while outside of stopped time at that, while airborne without falling, Dio also just straight up floats, stops mid air and randomly changes directions after floating in mid air throughout the arc too, does it a lot actually. Even before encountering Jotaro, he does it a few times against Joseph. Hell Dio actually has flight on his profile for that very reason, Jotaro should too for doing the exact same thing. And I can confrm, I double checked the manga while typing this. No idea why Jotaro never used it again though, probably the sae thing as why GE stopped doing life shots.

Issue is unlike Dio, Jotaro only uses it twice in he entre fight and mostly opts for jumping to get away (probably faster as he's propelling himself with force) where Dio uses it nonstop. So it's a bit ooc for him.

Actually even Polnareff has (ultra limited) flight, he could keep himself airborne via Chariot holding him up while it was flying. And he kinda just stayed airborne without falling. It's more like levitation via having something that can fly pick you up.

Also that was more of the turning into shadows and teleporting that i was pointing out, not the levitation. Which I checked, manga has him jumping off the rock, and uh, it cuts back to bruford so we dont actually see what happens so it is in fact anime only power.

But if it matters at all Anime Dio has 7-C ap and can turn into shadows and teleport guess.

Still not as weird as A.P.P.P Dio magic'ing a ******* castle out of thin air.

That's true, but it's also true he straight up is weaker in those parts. Idk maybe it had something to do with that although he didnt have the need to do so in part 4 yeah.

Although I'd disagree with part 6 being able to fly would of been great against Pucci (although he did do something that should of worked, he just didnt expect Pucci to have time stop res and dodge out of the way of a spear), then again Jotaro was very weak in that fight too, he litterally just came back from being comatosed and most of his body atrophied. So idk.

JP2
JP1
Here's the pol feat though. Quite a few meters to judging from the final panel where he falls back to the ground.

I'd say having a conversation in midair isn't quite flight, considering talking is a free action in JoJo. Remember when Jotaro gave that short monologue to Koichi in a two seconds timestop?

When he stops in mid air turns around 180 degrees slowly without any external force and has a conversation then after the talk proceeds to propel himself upward while in midair still and does a uturn. Idk dude, at the very least it's levitation but the act of instant proplsion without any external force is the literal defintion of flight. Well, in the superhero definition at least. But aint exactly something I wanna debate atm, it's trivial anyway, Jotaro doesnt use it often even in the arc that he did use it.

Basically canon jotaro can fly, it aint an anime only thing, although he barely uses it. I dont thnk anime jotaro has anything over canon jotaro except ap. Anime Jotaro has a cool feat of walking through like inch thick metal pipes though without sp.

I mean, would it be allowed to make pages for the Anime? Cause I think it'd open up the potential for some interesting fights, but to be fair there's not other difference as you said.

Honestly? The only character I can see ever getting an anime profile is like Dio, Jotaro is the exact same along with most characters other then AP. I wanna make Capcom and A.P.P.P JoJo profiles though. Gif of anime jotaro walking/breaking thick metal pipes that i mentioned (idk it looks to be around few cm to an inch thick of metal) .
Buff jotaro

I am against creating multiple profiles of the same character just because it differs from the canon slightly. There just isn't enough of a difference to warrant a completely different profile, especially since the anime is meant to be an adaptation of the source.

I'm not against it, I just think it's a tad pointless (didnt stop jiren chou though from being a thing) unless there's a handful of different things that make it different enough, other then just ap and shit. Most of the anime has the exact same powerset other then like Dio and even then only shadow manip and teleportation come to mind nd he doesnt even use it in battle so kinda moot, i wouldnt put in the effort to do so making he profiles. A.P.P.P Dio is different enough in my opinion though, issue with that is the fact that we kinda need a movie that's been vanquished from existence to do it properly. So he's in limbo atm if not forever.

Jiren chou is different from DBS Jiren cuz DB Chou manga is its own thing with a separate canon and neither the anime nor the Chou manga are adaptations of each other.

Wasnt my point. They're the same character with little to no difference other then AP. Goku I get, Jiren I dont though, he only has like one or two powers different then the anime adaption. And if you wanna get technical, theyre both adaptions of a outlined script. Although I was agreeing with you so this conversation kinda pointless, i dont think jojo anime profiles are warranted unless like part 6 really shakes things up. atm it's mostly the same.

Agreed, they're not necessary, I'll admit I just wanted them to finally get JoJo vs Persona lol.

Outside of Joseph, what does Capcom really have different from the Manga? Also, what's APPP, Pitter Patter Pop?

Capcom has a metric shit ton of stories due to arcade modes.

The 93 and 2000 ovas along with the 2006 phantom blood movie is appp.

In Chaka's ending for example he kills everything on the planet before attacking the player (4th wall awareness right there).

Just an FYI the only time RHCP is 8-B is with Morioh's entire power grid.

Crazy Diamond punching his face in is before he absorbs it, not after. Once he does he casually wipes the floor with Josuke and looks strong enough to quite literally wipe and smear the floor with him.

Star Platinum being the #1 in strength represents that specific moment, and the statement is not a unfalliable rule. Even if it did take place after RHCP it would be mistaken based off what we've seen RHCP do to CD.

TLDR: No stand user is as physically strong as Morioh-Absorbed RHCP.

UltimateFlare said:
I think keys for different adaptions are allowed, I saw it suggested in a few threads
If they are, then I'd love it. I could work on it, but I'd like to have confirmation (and maybe some help) first

Dio never regenerated from actual ashes he was just thought to be dead.

heck, in Part 2, I remember that it was mentioned that a Pillarman dies if you fully destroy their brain.

But very much non-sentient, so I guess that would be the extent of his Type 2 Immortality.

And Either it back-scales to the Pillar Men, or Araki forgot.

Vampire regen is really inconsistent in JoJo, Jonathan slashed Dio's brain in half with a hamon sword and he wasn't even fazed.

>Star Platinum being the #1 in strength represents that specific moment, and the statement is not a unfalliable rule. Even if it did take place after RHCP it would be mistaken based off what we've seen RHCP do to CD.

Ignoring the rest of your post because no shit, nobody said otherwise. You're misintepreting statements, SP is stronger then RHCP, no matter what it does. SP is the strongest stand regardless of what RHCP does, not only then but in general. Akira is ******* scared shitless of Jotaro too on that front regardless of what he could do ether. Also SP is the strongest stand in history, and as that statement says known to ma, I'm pretty sure RHCP is known to man. Plus the way RHCP works is that it absorbs electricity like a battery and then uses it while fighting, he says himself at one point he's been gathering energy slowly for weeks to battle Jotaro and he still aint sure if he could, then gets proven he cant. How RHCP reached 8-B doesnt matter because its strenngth is always dependent on how much it's accumaluted the way it always works, worked and still works, is by gathering energy and it's strength is based on that. it aint some one time special ability he only used then, he just absorbed more in that instance to get stronger. If SP is caled the strongest stand and if RHCP is accountedfor in the things he's stronger then (he is) that would be regardless of how much energy he's absorbed because his strength is 100% dependending the amount absorbed and used, RHCP doesnt have a base strength. And what RHCP did to CD dont matter, CD doesnt scale to SP in the first place, wog, numerous statements, including statements from Josuke himself confirming SP is vastly above him means that if CD gets stomped that doesnt effect how strong SP is when SP is far above him (plus the stomper in queston is scared of Jotaro and doesnt want to fight him and woul rather resort to avoiding him or draining energy over weeks to 1v1 and then still be super cautious because he doesnt think he can win). SP and SHA scale above RHCP that's it though, there's numerous statements that put SP above RHCP, sadly the rest of Part 4 doesnt scale because RHCH beat CD with minimal effort and while nobody scales off SP everyone scales of CD so that's an issue and I cant think of a decent feat throughout all of Part 4 exept SHA, which only fought SP, so another feat has to be found to scale the rest toward.

Actually Sp was stated to be the strongest after RHCP's reveal and he was stated to be the strongest stand known to man at the end of the part too reconfirming that yeah, SP is still the strongest stand, and yes after RHCP's feat that statement was made (I think the chapter that's not my dad part 1 or the chapter before) with RHCP mentioned right next to it so it's not like it was forgotten.

The 1# statement would represent that specific moment in time yes (the others sure as hell dont though, most are after RHCP's feat) but that #1 statement was aftr RHCP's debut so it's still useful in conjuction with the other statements that say the same thing. And that's only a few statements, there's more where that came from, that's all I have saved though (ive had the second picture saved for months actually, wasnt that hard to find).

Also RHCP doesnt even have the best feat so what are you on about?

DMB 1 said:
Dio never regenerated from actual ashes he was just thought to be dead.
heck, in Part 2, I remember that it was mentioned that a Pillarman dies if you fully destroy their brain.
That's actually wrong, he said it was an anime only feat, and it is.In the anime specifically, Dio was turned to ash while impaled and regenerated over the course of a few hours. While in the manga he wasnt turned to ash and a falling pilar broke the statue and he punched a hole in the column to hide (which was cut from the anime, that event didnt happen).
Dio ash 1

Actually, that's less then ash, the ash gets reduced to the point you cant see it anymore, idk what that would be. What's above regen from ash but below vapor?

Josuke run
Josuke run 2
Here's a cool speed feat for josuke. Ran 60km/h to catch up to the bus after it already drove away.

Back