• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure General Discussion Thread III: Stardust Crusaders

I'm not gonna be told something is wrong by someone who's, well honestly? I dont even know what he's doing? Either lying or he's actually misintepreted what was being said so much he actually just doesnt know. Plus using an example that isnt even related? Then going lol sorry dude get over it. Does he actually think what he's talking about even matters to the topic? Will and speedwagaon sure as **** aint talking about calories and shit.

Also if one wants to say shit one best back it up. Plus the obvious sarcasm and what I asume was intended to be a smartass remark threw out any patience I was going to have with him.

Also like, even though it's a long winded post that doesnt mean it's an angry post. That was like middle ground though.

Durability Negation isn't listed there because it doesn't really have anything to do with durability, really. Same deal with Time Stop/Time Manipulation, and why we don't add it to characters just because of this ability.

I mean yes, when it comes to countering those, durability is usually irrelevant, but it just doesn't affect durability as a whole, as it doesn't really "kill" a character ignoring their defenses, unlike powers like Matter Manipulation and Transmutation.

Oblivion Of The Endless said:
You were being agressive for literally no reason whatsoever. And thats not even the 1st or 2nd time, either. One more of those and its Rule Violation ground.
>no reason.

I'd take someone trying to be a smartass as a reason but whatever floats your boat I guess. Although aggressive? Being blunt and being agressive are two very different things. Learn the difference.

I can also pinpoint threads where users have disagreed with me and my response basically amounts to ah ok. Difference being one has evidence, a proper rebuttal and a proper basis for the claims being made, others dont. This here is a case of the latter.

But at the same time, learn the difference between something being blunt and being aggressive. I didnt insult him or called him names, the only time anything close to that happened was in relation to his smartass remark, other then that I was being blunt. No more, no less. Unless you think me saying he's full of shit is being overly agressive? But that's litterally the closest I can find to describe what I can only amount to a lie seeing as I cant find a source on his claim and he didnt bother to give it either.

If you dont want to argue then dont give a reason too I guess?

But I guess if you find me a tad agressive I can try and cut back a bit?

>I can also pinpoint threads where users have disagreed with me and my response basically amounts to ah ok

So? Whats the reason to be mad at them?

>I didnt insult him or called him names, the only time anything close to that happened was in relation to his smartass remark, other then that I was being blunt. No more, no less. Unless you think me saying he's full of shit is being overly agressive?

Apparently, Im not the only one who thought you were being agressive, so should be enough for you to realize it

>But that's litterally the closest I can find to describe what I can only amount to a lie seeing as I cant find a source on his claim and he didnt bother to give it either.

You clearly doesnt have common sense, then. And again, just because he didnt give a claim doesnt mean you are allowed to insult him or whatever

Dishonest claims, ignoring context, twisting what's said or false equilevancies. That's a good reason to call someone out on their shit.

And I'd say the same to them, there's being blunt and being agressive, unless you think swearing is being agressive? I'd disagree, especially in this day and age but oh well.

I didnt insult him, I insulted his argument but I didnt once insult him as a person or direct anything at him, other then one thing but that wasnt an insult and was in direct response to his own remark. Then again unless you think me saying he's full of shit is insulting him? I dont, that's more me saying the what he's saying is bullshit and to give a source or dont say it.

Armorchompy said:
You definitely are being kind of aggressive dude, between the swearing and the, ahem, bluntness, you probably should learn to tone those down.
Do we really consider swearing being agressive? I can stop that for the most part but that's like, normal. I can tone that down but damn.

I don't mind it too much, but on a big public site such as this it can definitely give the wrong impression, so I'd definitely tone it down.

Ok I guess. Kinda odd, I swear a lot irl, but then again I also dont do so in public and I get that others may have different views on swearing so I'll cut it back in usage like that when debating.

Yeah, same for me. When debating, or discussing, stuff that's normally harmless such as sarcasm or minor swearing suddenly sound very aggressive.

Well on another note. Has anyone read JoJo The Book? I was making a takumi profile and my pc actually crashed while making it so I lost all my progress, which sucks because I went super in depth in the power section explaining the stand, the forbidden section, the what it does and can do, what it cant, time frames and even the exact damages the sections apply etc. Kinda pissed and lost a lot of motivation but it is a good book, wondering f anyone else has read it? Probaby the best jojo novel, maybe even better then feedback.

I should, it's next on my list. But it's basically the only JoJo thing I haven't read yet. Well, that and the Kakyoin did you lay this egg, I refuse to touch that.

The Book is really good. Has cool bit feats too. CD throwing something that's difficult for adult men to lift hard enough it smashes through a pillar, flies several km and makes a giant crater according to the book. But Takumi is where it's at, main character, would make an interting profile. I'll probably restart making it later or tomorrow.

I don't know how Chariot is going to get anywhere in discussion if his malding results in his aggression writing paragraphs of how stupid the person he's talking to is.

Regardless, his claim that energy = strength is fundamentally wrong, and if he so wishes he can start a CRT on the characters and problems in question. I was just here to resolve some misconception.

Only like 3 max sentences were about how stupid your post was, the rest was explaining how that isnt the case and why you're wrong, like 80% of my post was rebutting your post. Dont lie now Deluxe.

So your rebuttal is it's wrong because it's wrong? Even though in the very link itself it's talking about strength and power? And even in your example it's talking about strength and power. On the other hand, either actually put in effort and actually rebute my points, or stop trying to say it's wrong because atm your only evidence of it being wrong is you saying it is. I'd make a crt if this was actually disagreed upon by more then just you.

Just so you know, strength can also be used to refer to the intensity of a property. (That whiskey was strong!) In this context, calling hamon strong does not mean it has a lot of power or muscle or something of the sort, but rather is calling it more active, more noticeable presence, has more punch, etc.

Hamon itself does not correlate to strength, in the same way fat does not or having gasoline for blood does not, yes, despite them both being sources of energy. Energy is a potential, strength is a value. Never in JoJo's Bizzare Adventure was it stated or shown that hamon scales linearly with strength and that's the biggest issue you fail to recognize.

You don't have very much of a point which is why I suspect your spouting your propaganda here rather than making a CRT. If you just looked at discussions related to the Jolyne calculation for instance, you'd see that there were far more people agreeing with the conclusion in comparison to you and your alt account you use to kudos yourself.

Apparently this thread had shit hit the fan while I was gone lol. On another note, do y'all think The Head Doctor is in alliance with Kaato? Its already very likely she is affiliated with the rock humans, unless Norisuke just accidentally ordered a bunch of rock humans in the mail

>Just so you know, strength can also be used to refer to the intensity of a property. (That whiskey was strong!) In this context, calling hamon strong does not mean it has a lot of power or muscle or something of the sort, but rather is calling it more active, more noticeable presence, has more punch, etc.

Good thing it wasnt calling hamon strong, it was saying Dio is several times stronger then forcing it by saying ah shit he's multiple times stronger then he was at the fire too. Learn to read please. Also the stronger the hamon the harder it hits, that's shown multiple times in Part 2.

>Hamon itself does not correlate to strength, in the same way fat does not or having gasoline for blood does not, yes, despite them both being sources of energy. Energy is a potential, strength is a value. Never in JoJo's Bizzare Adventure was it stated or shown that hamon scales linearly with strength and that's the biggest issue you fail to recognize.

Well sucks because that's exactly how we treat hamon. False equilavency at it's finest. And also sucks because hamon is shown to scale linearly with strength, hell that's the entire point of Deep Pass, Jonathan getting Will's hamon multiplied his strength multiples times over. Or lisa lia being 3x Joeph due to having 3x as much hamon. I'm having doubts you even read the series at this point.

>You don't have very much of a point which is why I suspect your spouting your propaganda here rather than making a CRT. If you just looked at discussions related to the Jolyne calculation for instance, you'd see that there were far more people agreeing with the conclusion in comparison to you and your alt account you use to kudos yourself.

So your rebuttal is i dont have a point? Ok dude. Maybe I'm bringing shit up here instead of a CRT because I want other's opnions on things first or the fact nothing I brought up is actually rejected. I did look at the discussions, it's how I know you're lying. Oh cool is that a fallacy I see? Well shit I wasnt aware I had multiple accounts that I use to kudos myself. Is that really he best you got? Come the **** on man, you havent countered anything I said, you keep going n about energy shit despite the fact that in context your intepretetion is just wrong, you havent actually rebutted any of my points, simply going lol no even though your points are the claims that are extremely dubious and now false accusations and strawmanning? Should I start writing down each fallacy you do? Also give sauce on the supposed discussions throwing Jolyne's wog quote out, I cant find it.

Wait? Did I insult him? If I did mb I'll remove it.

That aint an insult though my dude. that's me saying that I have doubts that he even read it, in the sense that he didnt really pay attention to it. Because his claim is heaviliy contradicted, many times, even key plot points go against it. As such I have my doubts he read it in depth, would that be a better wording to use?

Although, I found an actual depth for the Morioh Part 8 quake so that's neat. Expect me to calc that feat with a higher depth (although I think I found a good shift for it too,that's lower then the shift we're using so it may not just be a straight upgrade, may not be a whole lot higher).

I got 60 tons with the new canon depth (split in half because it was a shared feat), that's surprisingly in line with RHCP, DBM, and Kars (albeit Kars feat is way higher, but he's also Kars so...).

I have to figure out the shift though, I have two ways of doing so, one would end up with big dick numbers, one would have like, the exact same, maybe less? Idk like 3 feet.

Gotta pixel scale though.

Since I've been hearing about the possible 8-B upgrade

Can we immortalize the Polnareff vs Weiss match somehow if Pol's teiring does get upgraded?

Back