• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jojo Part 5 - Movement speed Downgrade or Clarification

Part 5 Manga (Spoilers if you are Anime Only)

The characters are listed as supersonic for keeping up with bullets, however the image given as evidence is misleading. They are being scaled to Mista keeping up with bullets, however during this action Mista is in Trish's body, and Diavolo is in Mista's body. Diavolo is also using Time Skip to erase time and dodge bullets while moving forward. I think because of the use of the stand which affects time, this feat should be inspected more.

Also it would seem an outlier, given that all other speed feats for the stand users themselves do not approach a level where individuals can dodge bullets with their physical bodies. If they could Mista's speed using his bullets would be rather ineffective in the series.

Also for clarification, there is an earlier scene in the part where Mista is seen avoiding bullets, however it is stated in the narration that this was purely to due to extreme luck, as the bullets missed Mista not by his own actions but the fact that the criminals missed multiple times.

I am willing to be convinced that the characters are supersonic, but I think a bit of discussion is in order to prove this, since it goes against much of the part's story and action.

I was giving another completely different reasons to remove the speed feat here, some things in this thread are wrong but the feats should overall be removed.

The usage of time erase in the scan refers to what he did before to counter the bullets, he didn't erased time in the scan as we don't see him do that. We also kinda don't know if he can move faster than normal within erased time, so there is that.

It being an outlier is kinda debatable, we are talking about a verse full of humans with FTL reactions who do quite large movements with them.

I may have misinterpreted the line "He's erasing time as he's running!" To me that he was using his power during the panels in question.

As for it being an outlier, I am unsure. Most characters when running in the series, tend to do so at human speeds, their reactions and fighting speeds are clearly super, but when it comes to travel speed they tend to be human for the users themselves.

Yeah, this feat is completely bogus. It wasn't him doing the running, Diavolo erased time and foresaw where the bullets would go, and the bullets still caught up to him anyways.

Back