• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nehz_XZX

He/Him
VS Battles
Content Moderator
Dio's Lifting Strength section only mentions a feat he has done in his third key and nothing from his previous two keys. His other two keys should probably scale from Jonathan. That being said Jonathan scales from Tarkus who has no justification for his Lifting Strength so someone should fix that. There is also Joseph whose Lifting Strength should be scaled from Jonathan's second key instead of his first.

Dio should also have the abilities of Jonathan's Stand added to his Powers and Abilities section. In addition to that someone should update his JORGE JOESTAR counterpart since his profile lacks quite a bit by comparison.

Everyone just scales off of Tarkus, who lifted a big ass rock with one finger. tbh pretty sure said rock would end up as Class K no matter how you scale it. If anything Dio's third key feat is just a throwaway feat comparatively so doesnt really change much.

Yeah he should have HP. I think I made a CRT on that actually.

Jorge Joestar Dio may not have HP actually, he's never seen with it and iirc the only Stands he has are The World and The Passion (pretty sure it's stated those are his only Stands by Funny), Part 3 DIO in the novel is a clone he made. Everything else though is fair game.

You know, I never really understood why zombies>vampires>pillar man in terms of not just AP but also LS and regen too. What would be the evidence for that?

I don't know about vampires being inherently superior to zombies but I do know that Pillar Men being inherently superior to vampires is based on this: https://imgur.com/QHrkkMd. It's on Santana's page.

Wouldnt really matter either way, Stroheim said something like in order to kill Santana, they'd need to at least reduce him to tiny cubic cm chunks and completely shred him. Which is a bit above Straizo's feat, which is above the zombie feat.

So it checks out either way.

Also lifting strength, well, why not? Lifting strength is strength. If Pillar Men>Vamp>Zombie in strength, that kinda includes lifting strength. Idk why lifting strength would be any different, if a physically stronger character is, well, physucally stronger than someone with a lifting feat, you'd assume said stronger character could replicate said feat.

The real cal howard said:
If they scale off of Tarkus, I don't see anything that needs to be changed.
Tarkus lacks a proper justification and quite a few profiles aren't scaled from him for some reason.

Does Dio have any reason to scale to Tarkus in his second key, where he was weaker?

The profile should still be changed from "Class 50 (Easily lifted a road roller)" to "Class 50 (Upscaling from Tarkus) | Unknow | Class 50 (His body became stronger than ever before. Easily lifted a road roller)".

We should even consider to remove the road roller feat given how things in stopped time levitate and are easily manipulated.

Didn't Jonathan's body only stagnate him as opposed to weaken him? As in he couldn't use his full potential (Awakened DIO) or regenerate perfectly?

Didn't Jonathan's body only stagnate him as opposed to weaken him? As in he couldn't use his full potential (Awakened DIO) or regenerate perfectly?
Currently his profile says that he got weaker. If you got something that shows that he wasn't weaker or that the justification for him being weaker is flawed, then that can be changed.

Eficiente said:
Does Dio have any reason to scale to Tarkus in his second key, where he was weaker?

The profile should still be changed from "Class 50 (Easily lifted a road roller)" to "Class 50 (Upscaling from Tarkus) | Unknow | Class 50 (His body became stronger than ever before. Easily lifted a road roller)".

We should even consider to remove the road roller feat given how things in stopped time levitate and are easily manipulated.
Tarkus is At least Class 5 without a justification.

Then we need a calc, everything can be lowballed or left as it is before that.

The answer is we don't know, he doesn't just say that his regen got worst but also that he hasn't completely adjusted to his body and that he isn't invincible yet. With implications like those+the fact that he for some reason never uses his old power it is basically impossible to claim that he's as strong as before.

Well, worst case scenario, he's at least as strong as Jonathan for obvious reasons, same body and all. And he's still defintely above normal vamps given Nukesaku is treated as an absolute joke, even to Shadow Dio.

Also both Dio and Jonathan were stronger than Tarkus, by a considerable amount, even assuming Dio got a lot weaker, he's definitely not weaker than a zombie even if that zombie is a top tier one, that both he and the body he's using could rip apart with minimal effort.

The invincible quote in context is talking about the regen, in that his regen took a huge hit and as such, he's vulnerable to heavy damage and thus not invincible. His strength was actually never brought up as being weaker, only regen (And still, his head at the very least should be statistically the same as Phantom Dio's head, given its the same thing), you could even make the claim that Shadow Dio could be stronger due to all the women he ate while lounging around, with feeding stated to amplify his power back in Part 1. I can see him being weaker than Part 1 though pre-HIGH, so I'm fine with it, but technically speaking, that in and of itself is a assumption.

As for the old power thing, the flash freeze in universe is probaby due to the fact flash freezing involves damaging himself, and his regen is the thing pointed out to take a hit, flash freeze would be harmul to himself and everything else, well he actually does use all his other main powers, except SRSE unless you count HFTF, where Dio actually can use that move, although it's noncanon (Araki had some involement with it though so who knows).

tldr, Dio shouldnt be weaker than Tarkus even if he did get weaker and him getting weaker is mostly talking about regen anyway, not strength.

@Chariot190

We still need to deal with the fact that Tarkus' profile has no justification for his Lifting Strength.

Do we? He lifts a huge ass boulder with one finger. Said boulder being larger than a person, idk but I'm pretty sure we can just assume it's at least Class 50 on size alone in the same way lifting a skyscraper or something is at least like, Class M.

If anything Class 5 is hilariously below what he actually is, to the point idk why he's even listed as Class 5, that's like lifting a car, not a huge boulder.

@Chariot190

Well, his profile doesn't explain why he has Class 5 Lifting Strength which puts him having it in the first place in question. If he has a feat that puts him higher then that, then it isn't a problem but it does need a proper calculation.

I have to unsubscribe from this thread due to time constraints. You can notify me later via my message wall if you need my help after you have reached a conclusion.

Chariot190 said:
Well, worst case scenario, he's at least as strong as Jonathan for obvious reasons, same body and all. And he's still defintely above normal vamps given Nukesaku is treated as an absolute joke, even to Shadow Dio.
Not recessarily, that is one interpretation. DIO not completely adjusting to his body can completely mean that he doesn't have Jonathan's full strength too, Nukesaku was made by a weaker DIO so it makes perfect sense for him to be a weaker vampire.

The regen can be just an example, making the invincible quote not necessarily only about about the regen.

At least Class ___ (Held up a giant boulder with just one finger).

Class 50 (I'd argue Class K but meh) should be a safe baseline for that, there's absolutely no way it's below lifting a road roller. Quite literally impossible. A calc is needed yes for a specific number but we can treat it as baseline for the time being till we get around to that.

Antvasima said:
I have to unsubscribe from this thread due to time constraints. You can notify me later via my message wall if you need my help after you have reached a conclusion.
Okay.

Why would Jonathan's body get weaker? That seems a bit like random conjecture. It aint like Jonathan's body got weaker, it should still be the same given Dio's keeping it in prime condition.

tbh I dont even think that's a thing, Nukesaku and Ice didnt have Dio's regen limitations, they could still heal from being torn apart and all that, Nukesaku in spite of that is still a joke to everyone. You'd think if Dio being limited would make them weaker, it'd alo effect the only thing we know Dio's actually weaker in.

But that's all Dio mentions, the only Dio ever mentioned was his healing is worse, mostly on his left side, and because of that he isnt invincible. Actually, thinking on it, why do we assume Dio's much weaker than his original self? Whenever it's brought up it only ever talks about regen and healing, you'd think simply saying he's weaker then he once was would be simple and get the point as well.

Chariot190 said:
At least Class ___ (Held up a giant boulder with just one finger).

Class 50 (I'd argue Class K but meh) should be a safe baseline for that, there's absolutely no way it's below lifting a road roller. Quite literally impossible. A calc is needed yes for a specific number but we can treat it as baseline for the time being till we get around to that.
If it is alright to do it like that, then I agree but a calculation should still be made. Would it be possible to make one before applying a new rating for the Lifting Strength?

Well no, you dont put ___, that's not an actual tier. The ___ was meant to imply a temporary thing. We'd have to pick between Class 50/K,25, etc first.

We could use this, for the time being. It should end up about the same as the manga version give or take.

Chariot190 said:
Well no, you dont put ___, that's not an actual tier. The ___ was meant to imply a temporary thing. We'd have to pick between Class 50/K,25, etc first.

We could use this, for the time being. It should end up about the same as the manga version give or take.
Oh, I didn't mean it like that. I had the "Class 50 (I'd argue Class K but meh)" in mind.

If the calculation you have linked is accepted, then we can use that.

honestly i do think he should scale to tarkus like ppl said and no i'm pretty sure he didn't get weaker with jonathan's body

It seems like as if Dio's profile lacks Non-Physical Interaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back