• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

JoJo Bizarre Adventure Revisions (Valentine/Johnny downgrade)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"You know I had to do it to em " - Martin Luther King Jr

I think this is going to get really heated. But without further ado, the proposed revisions.

1. Add and clarify the difference between Yoshikage and Kosaku (BTD)

It's come to my attention in a few threads recently that people believe restricting Kira's Bites The Dust goes against wiki rules (that restricting characters abilities generally isnt allowed.)

While true, I think it's important we make the distinction on the profile within the notes section because, "Yoshikage Kira" has never had Bites the Dust, and all fights that include this specific form are acknowledging that he does not have this ability.

"Kosaku Kawajiri", on the other hand, has had Bites the Dust, and all fights that include this specific form are acknowledging that he has this ability.

So it'd probably be best just to include in his profile notes for the sake of consistency and so that we don't have people complaining that we're restricting abilities that:

"The Yoshikage Kira form does not have Bites the Dust. The Kosaku Kawajiri form does have Bites the Dust, please be mindful when specifying which form is used in versus threads."

Which should solve the problem when it comes to restricting BTD.

2. Changing Jonathan's Key

This one is quick and I don't think there'll be any objections.

Jonathan's key has him divided into two, Pre-Tarkus and Post-Tarkus. While not entirely incorrect, the fight with Tarkus wasn't the reason Jonathan got insanely strong, it's because Zeppeli used the Supreme Deep Pass Overdrive on him.

And Jonathan's strength jumped during the fight with Tarkus, not post or after the fight. So for the sake of clarification, I suggest we change it from and to:

Key: Pre-Tarkus | Post-Tarkus

Key: Pre-Deep Pass Overdrive | Post-Deep Pass Overdrive

Only because it makes more logical sense, and since we already have a paragraph on Deep Pass Overdrive on Zeppeli's profile so people can find out what made him so strong.

3. Clarifying and revising DIO's Regenerationn

Dio Brando's profile has him listed at High-Mid Regenerationn. While true, this only applies to Dio Brando, and does not clarify that DIO's Regenerationn had actually gotten weaker, as we've seen him explain to Hol Horse . Instead, we'd need a new feat of his Regenerationn, the best demonstration being when Star Platinum shattered his skull and sent him ragdolling away . This would likely qualify for Mid tier Regenerationn, defined as, "The ability to regenerate from decapitation or severe brain damage"

Furthermore, Awakened DIO/High DIO has actually had his Regenerationn brought back up to his Phantom Blood days, seeing as how he scratches his skull in and regenerates a few seconds later, which would probably qualify for High-Mid, coupled with the fact that he had the potential to regenerate even after The World was shattered, it's probably best to just clarify in his notes that:

"The DIO form in Stardust Crusaders does not carry over the High-Mid Regenerationn that his previous form has had and instead posseses Mid Regenerationn. The Awakened DIO form however, does possess High-Mid Regenerationn once more."

4. Downgrading Funny Valentine's 2-A durability

Hopefully this one doesn't get heated. Currently, Valentine's profile has his durability at:

"Multiverse level+ with Love Train (Love Train's ability makes it very difficult to harm let alone kill him. Any attack by normal means will be deflected elsewhere, and the wall itself is made out of an infinite number of dimensions.)"

This is incorrect and slightly misleading. Not just any attack, but any damage inflicted on Valentine is inflicted upon someone else in the form of misfortune, but it has only demonstrated it's reach within our universe, not any other universe as many people like to bring up in versus threads.

According to chapter 69 , D4C itself operates on parallel universe theory/many-worlds interpretatio , in which past present and future all exist with each other at the same time in the form of different universes, where you can be an old man in one, and a baby in a different one since not all universes are directly linked via time.

(Now keep in mind, 3-D = space, 4-D = space + time. This is about to get slightly confusing)

Since the wall is made out of an infinite number of universes, it does qualify for high 3-A durability, which means he has an infinite number of 3-D power in the form of his wall, functioning as his durability. He does not qualify for the 2-A he is currently at because that would require him demonstrating his durability to have an infinite number of 4-D universes within his wall. Since we know D4C operates on parallel universe theory, we know his universes that his wall only consists of space, not space-time continuums since according to parallel universe theory, past present and future all coexist in the form of different universes.

What's the difference and the distinction between the two?

If his wall was 3-A, it would mean that it's made up of infinite universes in which there are an infinite number of potential timelines, but it would only have an effect on any universes present, not it's future or past. This would be the baseline assumption if we were told his wall was made up of infinite universes.

If his wall was 2-A, then it would mean that it's not just made up of infinite universes, but every single state in time of every single universe, or rather, it would have an effect on any given universes past present and future. This has not been demonstrated. This is a step up from a baseline assumption. To assume it is 2-A when it is equally as likely (and more logical) to be 3-A is wrong.

This would of course mean Valentine gets his durability downgraded to Universe+, since the qualification is "Characters who have an infinite degree of 3-dimensional power."

5. Downgrading Johnny Joestar (AND GYRO) from 2-A to 3-A

If Valentine downgrade gets approved, then this automatically means Johnny is 3-A as well. His profile has him at 2-A because:

Multiverse level+ with the Infinite Rotation (Ignores and bypasses high-level, infinite dimensional barriers from D4C Love Train, comparable if not above Ball Breaker).

Since I've already discussed how Valentine's wall is 3-A, this feat would mean that Johnny only broke through 3-A durability, downgrading his attack potency and tier to 3-A, because the qualifications of 3-A is "Characters who have an infinite degree of 3-dimensional power" which is obviously demonstrated by Johnny.

A correction:

Characters with an infinite degree of 3D power, or even with 4D power inferior to the unerse's space-time is High 3-A, a.k.a. High Universe level. If your analysis is true, the Love Train and the Infinite Rotation would qualify for this tier.

Also, few questions, because I've just ended Part 3, and I am slightly confused:

1) Why didn't High Dio regeneate after getting chopped in half by Star Platinium's punch?

2) The entire reason as of why part 3 Dio wasn't as physically strong as his Part 1 counterpart was because a part of Jonhathan's body "refused to accept Dio's vampirity", which has to do with Hamon still being somewhat present in Jojo's body, that's wht Dio wasn't as strong as before, and neither was his Regenerationn as potent, nor he could use his specia powers, such as the Ice touch, the Water beam etch. Once Dio bomes High Dio, does he re-obtain all of Part 1 Dio's powers, or just physical strenght and Regenerationn?

In the Valentine part, I said Universe+ aka High Universe, but yes, it would mean he qualifies for it.

Presumably because having your stand shattered is a more damaging than just being cut in half normally. IRC his body exploded in flames after having his soul shattered, maybe that was what was keeping him from regenerating?

Yes, that is why DIO is physically weaker in part three. High DIO has never demonstrated his other vampiric abilities, so for the sake of versus threads I'm going to have to say no, though in theory he probably would.

1-Yes, definitely. BtD is a gigantic game changer and it technically is against the rules to restrict it as it doesn't take him to another tier.

2-Sure, it's pretty minor but that seems right.

3-I agree with removing the High-Mid for most of part 3 DIO, but I don't think High DIO would have it, I'm not sure if those feats are High-Mid or just Mid.

For 4-5, I haven't read part 7 yet, so I can't comment, but it seems fine to get them down to High 3-A.

No disagreement @Weekly, though the wall being a dimensional wall leading to other universes effectively functions the same as the wall being made up of universes, right? Would this still not land Johnny and Valentine a 3-A rating?

Which means an attack bypassing an infinite amount of 3D universes would also qualify for 3-A.

Not necessarily no, essentially what the wall is is a gateway to other universes, its not made up of the universes themselves. Essentially all Infinite Rotation would get from bypassing the barrier is good spatial manipulation

I suggested the Kira key before, but it got denied IIRC. Definite thumbs up from me.

We didn't really have an arc to differentiate the two Jonathan's so since the fight against Tarkus was the point where he grew in strength, we just said Pre-Tarkus and Post-Tarkus. It doesn't bother me if you change it.

I'd honestly just make a key like this:

Dio Brando | DIO | High DIO

Phantom Blood | Stardust Crusaders | Drinking Joseph's Blood

Any one of those two works.

WeeklyBattles said:
Not necessarily no, essentially what the wall is is a gateway to other universes, its not made up of the universes themselves. Essentially all Infinite Rotation would get from bypassing the barrier is good spatial manipulation
But if Infinite Rotation was re-directed across infinite universes, does that mean he exhausted all potential misfortune redirection with the attack, or did he bypass Love Train entirely?

Would it be best to put Unknown, Likely 3-A ?

@Arigarmy acknowledged, I probably will end up doing that. I will also end up adding Telepathy to DIO/High DIO's abilities, since the former has demonstrated it in great length in part six, though Dio Brando himself won't be getting it since he hasn't demonstrated it AFAIK. (Credit goes to J-Man for suggesting this change.)

That doesn't mean it is that tier, basically how LT works is it passively redirects damage to somewhere else in the multiverse, which would be very good defensive spatial Manipulation with multiversal+ range but the barrier itself does not have a set durability because of this.

Let's avoid using the word multiverse btw, the wiki doesn't share the same definitions as the real world concepts. I suggest we stick to parallel universe, since that's what is stated in SBR.

If the wall passively redirects damage to a parallel universe, that demonstrates a considerable amount spacial manipulation/power. If it can do it across an infintie number of universes, that demonstrates infinite spacial manipulation/power, or, an infinite degree of 3-dimensional power, which is the exact qualification for high 3-A, with multiversal+ range.

WeeklyBattles said:
Spatial Manipulation is hax, he wouldn't get a tier for it, only range
Perfect, so we remove the 2-A tier and add High Universal attack potency via Infinite Rotation?

Infinite Rotation still carries an infinite amount of energy. I think it bypassing Valentine's dimensional walls was a combination of the two, having good spacial manipulation hax and having infinite energy behind it.

An attack with infinite energy still means it has an infinite degree of 3rd dimensional power, once again qualifying for 3-A. This would actually mean tier 3-A Johnny at the least, right?

Also how does a revision become accepted? Do a certain number of people need to agree? Is there a grace period or something?

damn the thread ghosted me into not following

We could always drag Ant in here or just do it on our own, nothing's really stopping anyone if the Admins aren't versed enough to tell the difference.

Weekly can unlock DIO for you.

It being stated to have Infinite Energy is...iffy. Usually we take statements of infinite energy as hyperbole, and we've turned down people being high 3-A for statements of infinite energy with more evidence supporting it than this. Infinite energy also wouldnt do all the things that ended up happening to Funny as a result. Unfortunately i dont think there is enough evidence to support it being High 3-A but i'll wait to see what everyone else has to say.

lol i dont mess with dimensional stuff, i got 0 knowledge. you should probably stack some "experts" or people who know their stuff about dimensional works to judge for themselves, but i'm not sure they would judge accurately if they never read sbr.

@Weekly

None of those scans will open for me. Do you have them in a different format?

"According to chapter 69 , D4C itself operates on parallel universe theory/many-worlds interpretatio , in which past present and future all exist with each other at the same time in the form of different universes, where you can be an old man in one, and a baby in a different one since not all universes are directly linked via time."

This is wrong. Jojo does not follow a many worlds interpritation, not in that way. Jojo does not have a branching multiverse because JJBA has Fate, and no real free to speak of. JJBA's cosmology is more similar to that of a quilted multiverse, not branching but still infinite, since there are infinite variations. JJBA also has a "main universe" from which all other universes are based; this does not make sense in a branching multiverse. Essentially, you get infinite possibilities, but not from the necesity like in a branching multiverse. You get it by what is tantamount to rolling a large number of dice an infinite number of times to get all possible variations.

"(Now keep in mind, 3-D = space, 4-D = space + time. This is about to get slightly confusing)

Since the wall is made out of an infinite number of universes, it does qualify for high 3-A durability, which means he has an infinite number of 3-D power in the form of his wall, functioning as his durability. He does not qualify for the 2-A he is currently at because that would require him demonstrating his durability to have an infinite number of 4-D universes within his wall. Since we know D4C operates on parallel universe theory, we know his universes that his wall only consists of space, not space-time continuums since according to parallel universe theory, past present and future all coexist in the form of different universes."

Since we know that it isn't a branching multiverse in the light, this doesn't apply. The Universes exist within the light (https://s2.********.org/data/2ca7655868a801ee20fc0867065b77c4/p7.jpg). We know that universes in JJBA have their own space times, simply due to the fact that otherwise the time manipulation users would be felt even to those in other universes. Since we know time stoppers and the like exist across the multiverse, Jotaro or DIO would have felt a time stop in other universes just by marit of rolling the dices an infinite number of times.

@Weekly Normally I'd agree with you, but they didn't only state it during a high adrenaline encounter suggesting it to be hyperbole, but they literally explained the mathamatic principles behind it and explained in detail how it has infinite energy. The source didn't just let us know, they literally spelled it out for us.

And even if the IR has 3-A attack potency, it doesn't necessarily mean it has 3-A destructive capacity, kind of like Frieza's death beam punching through 3-A characters but falling short of maybe a boulder being destroyed in the background.

WeeklyBattles said:
It being stated to have Infinite Energy is...iffy. Usually we take statements of infinite energy as hyperbole, and we've turned down people being high 3-A for statements of infinite energy with more evidence supporting it than this. Infinite energy also wouldnt do all the things that ended up happening to Funny as a result. Unfortunately i dont think there is enough evidence to support it being High 3-A but i'll wait to see what everyone else has to say.
Its a case by case basis thing, that's what I've been told we use to evaluate things on this wiki. There is context explaining why it is infinite, what kind of infinite it is, and numerous statements from characters, naration, and the author that it is infinite. The infinite energy thing is based on that it is infinite rotational energy, and tho irl physics probably wouldn't have it end up this way, its clear that its kinda just supposed to be a natural consequence of this harnessed energy

@lapitus The Impaler

Damn your message didn't appear for me the first time around. At least now I can comment on it.

You've misinterpreted what I mean about the Jojo universe, I'll try to correct you and explain. The universe does follow the many worlds interpretation to an extreme degree. (meaning some universes can be nearly identical, and others can be drastically different almost to the point where they aren't similar at all, to the point where one may possess different laws of physics.) It's a "quilted" universe, and it's also not, both can coexist depending on perspective. It may seem like the Joestars were meant to deal with Dio Brando and his legacy in some manner of fate, but that's only if you could ultimately see their specific timeline, there still exists probability, and with each possible choice there is for the universe to differ, the more timelines you should be able to see, some might featuring more bizarre outcomes, like Kars being successful or DIO killing Jotaro, etc.

Valentine only refers to the one that SBR takes place in as a main universe because it's seemingly the only one in which the corpse parts inhabit, either due to divine intervention (seeing as how it's supposed to be Jesus and all) or just being a statistical anomaly within the infinite number of universes. I recall Stephen Hawking saying something like "just because there are an infinite amount of universes, doesn't mean there's necessarily a universe where xyz happens" or something to that effect. So no, this isn't evidence against my original proposal either.

Yes, of course universes in Jojo have their own space-time contiuums. What I'm saying is that Valentine has only displayed the ability to affect space (via a dimensional wall) within an infinite amount of universes, and he has never demonstrated the ability to affect time within an infinte amount of universes as well. Since he has only demonstrated infinite 3-D power with Love Train, he should only recieve a high 3-A rating.

Let me clarify where everyone stands to people just now reading this thread.

Everyone so far agrees with the Kira change, the Jonathan change, most people agree with the DIO change (though I have discussed changing my original thought proposal slightly since High DIO never really demonstrated Mid-High Regenerationn and so he'd just be likely higher instead.)

Currently, most people are in agreement that Johnny and Valentine need to be downgraded, what isn't fully agreed upon is by how much they should be downgraded.

If everyone can agree that Johnny's Infinite Rotation does have infinite energy behind it (it's been explained in-verse with pseudo mathamatical principles behind it, I see no reason why not), then we agree at minimum a high 3-A Johnny, since infinite energy = infinite 3D power = high 3-A.

If everyone can agree that Valentine has not demonstrated manipulating time in any fashion, then because Valentine has demonstrated his power across infinite universes, then we can at minimum agree with a High Universe durability Valentine, since power across infinite universes = infinite 3D power = high 3-A.

EDIT: Gyro and Johnny scales from each other. If we downgrade Johnny, we downgrade Gyro.

I actually never understood the whole Ball Breaker being "should be equal to Tusk ACT4 physially", because nothing really supports that claim other than it possessing the same infinite rotation abilities with slightly different uses/execution.

ACT4 is likely physically stronger.

However, both have infinite rotation and that's why they're currently both 2-A.

nah this isn't about the infinite rotation, this is the physicality of ball breaker i'm bringing into light

the thing never threw a real punch

All "ghost" type stands can throw a punch, some only as strong as a normal human, others Star Platinum level.

We've never seen the extent of Ballbreaker's physicality, so I definitely agree with an Unknown rating over not mentioning its strength at all.

ProfessorLord said:
I don't mean that their aren't many worlds, i mean that they aren't created because of different choices or possibility. There can't be a branching multiverse when Fate exists. When there is only 1 possible outcome of any given situation, then it would never branch off. I am aware that a quilted and branching multiverse can coexist, but they don't in Jojo's case. The infinite possible outcomes, but they only happen because of the variations, not because of branching out comes.

I am aware, stuff like Heaven DIO only existing in one timeline in the multiverse. But they are not a core universe. Also the idea of a core universe was stated by naration as well, not just Valentine iirc. I believe they called it a singularity at one point as well

I'm saying that if the universes exist within the light, then it does not matter when we see him effect. It does not make sense for there to somehow only be 3D universes within the light when we know universes in jojo all have their own space time. Your rational was based on it being a branching multiverse, I'm saying that it isn't a branching multiverse. Jojo has fate. Its literally impossible for their to only be one time line with the multiverse is branching out in all possible outcomes. if it is meerly rolling the dice an infinite number of times then it does work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back