• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
actually Junko's match was never added to the profiles and i'm pretty sure nothing would change if done again.

I think every match except for Spongebob, Bravo, and Aqua.

I'm planning on doing rematches for Bravo and Aqua soon.

Johnny still doesn't much of a chance against Spongebob, though it's a lot closer than before.
Alright

Should I add Johnny’s match against Deku as incon or just keep it removed?

actually Junko's match was never added to the profiles and i'm pretty sure nothing would change if done again.
If Junko tries to make Johnny fall into despair to the point of suicide, he won't die because Fate Hax and Type 8 go brrrr, though I'm sure she has ways around this.

Though I will say that the Fate and Type 8 hax is a in-verse thing, so I can really only use it when Johnny's fights take place in Porkbelly, as his Immortality depends on being the star of the show, and if you're outside of your verse, wouldn't that negate it? I might be overthinking here.

at most that match is Incon now as both have no real means of actually significantly harming the other.
I'd argue Johnny has better chances of hitting Deku thanks to his Supernatural Luck. Yes, Deku can get faster thanks to Fa Jin, but it's not going to matter if you can't hit your opponent consistently (though Johnny's luck won't work all the time).

I'd recommend either doing a rematch with Deku, finding a different MHA character to pit Johnny against, or just removing the match.

I'm planning on doing Bravo vs Test in their 7-A keys, and Johnny vs Aqua in Aqua's 8-B+ key and Johnny's 8-A key.

If Junko tries to make Johnny fall into despair to the point of suicide, he won't die because Fate Hax and Type 8 go brrrr, though I'm sure she has ways around this.

Though I will say that the Fate and Type 8 hax is a in-verse thing, so I can really only use it when Johnny's fights take place in Porkbelly, as his Immortality depends on being the star of the show, and if you're outside of your verse, wouldn't that negate it? I might be overthinking here.
Then that means it isn't combat applicable due to verse equalization rules.

Then that means it isn't combat applicable due to verse equalization rules.
I could be wrong, though, as I'm not too sure if my explanation is accurate.

How does verse equalization work again? Because I'm not too sure if Immortality that's dependent on you being the protagonist of a show can be argued in a vs debate.

I could be wrong, though, as I'm not too sure if my explanation is accurate.

How does verse equalization work again? Because I'm not too sure if Immortality that's dependent on you being the protagonist of a show can be argued in a vs debate.
Because it does sound like a verse exclusive thing just because you're the star of your own show

Because it does sound like a verse exclusive thing just because you're the star of your own show
Then wouldn't it be okay to use the ability in matchups where the location takes place in Porkbelly?

Also, would that also mean Fate Hax isn't combat applicable? Or can Johnny still use that? Because I think that's somewhat a separate thing from his Immortality.

Then wouldn't it be okay to use the ability in matchups where the location takes place in Porkbelly?

Also, would that also mean Fate Hax isn't combat applicable? Or can Johnny still use that? Because I think that's somewhat a separate thing from his Immortality.
His fate hax seems to be aligned with his Immortality looking at his page, so that isn't combat applicable either

His fate hax seems to be aligned with his Immortality looking at his page, so that isn't combat applicable either
I think his Fate Hax just comes with the Immortality, especially when you look at the description of the ability.

Fate Manipulation is the ability to manipulate destiny itself to achieve a desired result. More subtle forms of the ability can simply nudge events in the users favor while more powerful variations can make it possible to ordain one's victory against their opponent.
The bold part applies to what happened, as you can 100% argue that the event that was going to take place (Johnny sacrificing himself) was nudged in Johnny's favor so he wouldn't die, which is 100% combat applicable.

Immortality is a lot more questionable, admittedly.

Junko's Despair hax isn't always just "you die lol" its an incap cause it basically makes you unable to fight also if its an inverse thing then it would most likely depend on being within his universe so the Deku match is still fair cause it took place in Jaku City, Japan if thats the case.

also a note should be added to the profile about it being an inverse thing like "Johnny's Fate and Immorality come from being within his own universe as thats where he is the star of the show, for exmaple if a VS Thread takes place in Porkbelly then he has access to it"

Junko's Despair hax isn't always just "you die lol" its an incap cause it basically makes you unable to fight also if its an inverse thing then it would most likely depend on being within his universe so the Deku match is still fair cause it took place in Jaku City, Japan if thats the case.
Unable to fight as "losing the will to fight, which makes you technically lose by forfeit"?

also a note should be added to the profile about it being an inverse thing like "Johnny's Fate and Immorality come from being within his own universe as thats where he is the star of the show, for exmaple if a VS Thread takes place in Porkbelly then he has access to it"
I think his Fate Hax just comes with the Immortality, especially when you look at the description of the ability.

The bold part applies to what happened, as you can 100% argue that the event that was going to take place (Johnny sacrificing himself) was nudged in Johnny's favor so he wouldn't die, which is 100% combat applicable.

Immortality is a lot more questionable, admittedly.
I agree with your sentiment, but I think it only applies to his Immortality, and not his Fate Hax. His Fate Hax just nudged the event in Johnny's favor so he wouldn't die. That's not an in-verse thing.

Unable to fight as "losing the will to fight, which makes you technically lose by forfeit"?
technically it is Johnny losing his will to fight but its not done via forfeit its done via Junko causing him to fall into Despair which causes people to be suicidal, homicidal and "full of despair".

I agree with your sentiment, but I think it only applies to his Immortality, and not his Fate Hax. His Fate Hax just nudged the event in Johnny's favor so he wouldn't die. That's not an in-verse thing.
his fate hax and immortality come from the same thing of him being the Star of the Show so it would count as an inverse thing since that was his whole reason he survived since as long as he is the star of the show events will be nudged into his favor.

technically it is Johnny losing his will to fight but its not done via forfeit its done via Junko causing him to fall into Despair which causes people to be suicidal, homicidal and "full of despair".
You're gonna have to elaborate on "full of despair". Being suicidal wouldn't work for reasons I'm sure you already know, and making someone homicidal I'm not sure how it would give them the win.

his fate hax and immortality come from the same thing of him being the Star of the Show so it would count as an inverse thing since that was his whole reason he survived since as long as he is the star of the show events will be nudged into his favor.
Fair.

Could you do that for me pls?

You're gonna have to elaborate on "full of despair". Being suicidal wouldn't work for reasons I'm sure you already know, and making someone homicidal I'm not sure how it would give them the win.
basically Johnny would lose all the hope he has in his body and cause him to basically become unable to win cause he wouldn't be able to get rid of knowing he could never win, the only way to remove full despair would be ultimate hope which Johnny is not.

basically Johnny would lose all the hope he has in his body and cause him to basically become unable to win cause he wouldn't be able to get rid of knowing he could never win, the only way to remove full despair would be ultimate hope which Johnny is not.
So having the mindset of "I can never win" makes you lose the matchup?

Is that a form of incap? Because Johnny isn't KO'd whatsoever. He's fully conscious, but with just a completely different mindset than what he started with.

I could try too, how should I phrase it?
"It should be noted that Johnny's Fate Manipulation and Type 8 Immortality are hax that work in-verse, and they can only be used when Johnny's fights take place in Porkbelly, which is where his show takes place at."

I think that's good enough.

So having the mindset of "I can never win" makes you lose the matchup?

Is that a form of incap? Because Johnny isn't KO'd whatsoever. He's fully conscious, but with just a completely different mindset than what he started with.
i'm not sure how we treat Junko's Despair but its basically an incap cause its Madness + Mind Manipulation causing Johnny to become basically depressed and only wanna kill himself.

"It should be noted that Johnny's Fate Manipulation and Type 8 Immortality are hax that work in-verse, and they can only be used when Johnny's fights take place in Porkbelly, which is where his show takes place at."

there I added it to the profile tho if someone wants to put more into it you can go ahead.

Randow, do you know that the SBA take care of this, right?

Randow, do you know that the SBA take care of this, right?
Wdym?

i'm not sure how we treat Junko's Despair but its basically an incap cause its Madness + Mind Manipulation causing Johnny to become basically depressed and only wanna kill himself.
I mean, I guess that works, but killing himself won't work initially thanks to Supernatural Luck. Fate Hax and Type 8 make it virtually impossible, if the fight takes place in Porkbelly.

I'll give Junko the benefit of the doubt and call it an Incap victory.

I mean, I guess that works, but killing himself won't work initially thanks to Supernatural Luck. Fate Hax and Type 8 make it virtually impossible, if the fight takes place in Porkbelly.

I'll give Junko the benefit of the doubt and call it an Incap victory.
also should I readd Deku VS Johnny or just leave it for now since I feel not much would change if it was done again tho thats just me.

also should I readd Deku VS Johnny or just leave it for now since I feel not much would change if it was done again tho thats just me.
I'd recommend removing it from their profiles for now, and when the time comes, we can do a rematch.

Johnny fate hax will work no matter where he is because of the verse equalization
"a supernatural energy that almost everyone in a Verse has, which is necessary to fight the characters of said Verse" not everyone in Johnny's verse has his hax and those are reliant on him being the star of the show which is only in his universe, not every VS Thread is gonna happen in his verse specifically.

"a supernatural energy that almost everyone in a Verse has, which is necessary to fight the characters of said Verse" not everyone in Johnny's verse has his hax and those are reliant on him being the star of the show which is only in his universe, not every VS Thread is gonna happen in his verse specifically.
"Similar supernatural aspects of verses get equalized in a reasonable fashion"
Unless the show say that Jonhhy "Fate hax" just work he is in the city, Johnny will sitll has his fate hax no matter where he is, because no matter where he is he's still going to be the protagonist in his show.

By the way, the supernatural energy is just a example, this also works in technology

"Similar supernatural aspects of verses get equalized in a reasonable fashion"
Unless the show say that Jonhhy "Fate hax" just work he is in the city, Johnny will sitll has his fate hax no matter where he is, because no matter where he is he's still going to be the protagonist in his show.
If this is the case then Johnny brutally murderstomps Shigaraki then.

Back