• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
sounds like fate manipulation if you ask me, plot manipulation is actually changing the plot of something but Johnny cannot die as long as hes the star of the show.

there are some other ones around this so i'll have to look just busy atm.
This is supported by the fact that Johnny and Dukey conveniently land in the bouncy house. They even pointed it out, too.

Another example I just found was Johnny, Dukey, Susan and Mary pointing that the super soil they planted earlier replicated every aspect of the cereal, and when Johnny asks if the maze behind the cereal box leads to a gigantic prize, the sisters say it's scientifically impossible, which Johnny responds with "It's a cartoon. Roll with it."

And later on, the secret treasure was a chopper made of chocolate, which was perfectly convenient for them to escape. The reason behind the plot conveniently giving the main cast what they need in order to win was "It's a cartoon. Roll with it."

Here's another illogical scene of the plot being playing to Johnny's hand just because.

This is supported by the fact that Johnny and Dukey conveniently land in the bouncy house. They even pointed it out, too.

Another example I just found was Johnny, Dukey, Susan and Mary pointing that the super soil they planted earlier replicated every aspect of the cereal, and when Johnny asks if the maze behind the cereal box leads to a gigantic prize, the sisters say it's scientifically impossible, which Johnny responds with "It's a cartoon. Roll with it."

And later on, the secret treasure was a chopper made of chocolate, which was perfectly convenient for them to escape. The reason behind the plot conveniently giving the main cast what they need in order to win was "It's a cartoon. Roll with it."

Here's another illogical scene of the plot being playing to Johnny's hand just because.
Anyone got a helpful response to this?

AHEM

better off asking more knowledgeable people but i'll take a crack at it

thats just 4th wall awareness.
again just 4th wall awareness and they even knew it was convenient, nothing shows that Johnny had any effect on it but if you really wanna give him something from it then like minor fate manipulation? ig?.
can't see it but if its really playing to his hand then its fate manipulation.

gonna say i'm not the right guy to ask on this stuff, better off asking staff or people more knowledgably on the more insane abilities

So I asked two people with completely different opinions.

One of them thinks it's either Supernatural Luck or Minor Plot Manipulation, while the other thinks it's just a common case of Plot Armor.

I just realized how big this CRT is going to be.

Might actually have to make a script to copy and paste from instead of making the CRT off the dome lol.

Asked another staff, and while she said she wasn't knowledgeable on the verse, she said it might be a case of Plot Manipulation.

So it seems these feats are either Supernatural Luck or Plot Manipulation depending on who you ask.

I mean, if you want...
I won't because I'm not into making matches anymore. Maybe if it was the 2016 version of me.

I have a question:

So say if Character A, who's the main protagonist of the show, decides to save the world by "sacrificing" himself. Basically do a final attack that would "kill" him.

But of course, at the end the world is saved, and the protagonist is perfectly fine in the end.

However, the explanation as to why the protagonist didn't die after sacrificing himself was "He's the star of the show, so he can't die."

Is this some kind of ability?
It wasn't explained how the world-ending scenario was reversed or undone in detail but that it was saved just because, so I have no comment there, but maybe some sort of Immortality, because he can't die as he is "the star of the show".

The amount of mixed responses I've been getting for this feat is actually insane. This CRT is gonna go crazy.

The amount of mixed responses I've been getting for this feat is actually insane. This CRT is gonna go crazy.
The feat that you mentioned with the Character A example can't just be one ability (Or at least I think one ability can't perfectly describe all of it). But yeah, I have no comment on how the world got restored or saved because it lacked the process of how that was done.

However, I think there has to be some sort of immortality in play there as well, seeing as you said that the "explanation" as to why the protagonist didn't die after sacrificing himself was "He's the star of the show, so he can't die". That explanation seems blatant to me.

The feat that you mentioned with the Character A example can't just be one ability, that's for sure. But yeah, I have no comment on how the world got restored or saved because it lacked the process of how that was done.
The world was saved by Johnny, Dukey, as well as the recurring villains in the series coming together to make one big, Power Poot to destroy all of Dark Vegan's armada.

The armada were destroying all of the Earth's natural resources and taking all of the water so the Earth, as well as everyone else, will die overtime, so Johnny and everyone else had no other choice but to "sacrifice" themselves in order to save the Earth.

Destroying the armadas restored all of the Earth's natural resources, saving the day in the process.

However, I think there has to be some sort of immortality in play there as well, seeing as you said that the "explanation" as to why the protagonist didn't die after sacrificing himself was "He's the star of the show, so he can't die". That explanation seems blatant to me.
Definitely gonna consider this.

Thanks!

Wouldn't this also be a showing of Weapon Mastery by Johnny, as he's using mundane objects from the garage in order to defeat his enemy?

And you know what this means...

I think it's time I made that CRT!

Still haven't decided whether or not I want to do it off the dome like I always do, or make a script...

orRWjtq.png

/j

So now that the revisions have been applied, most of Johnny's matchups on his profile need to be removed due to them being stomps now.

Back