• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Captain America has overcome the unlikely before.
Ok, cool, not really relevant here. Him succeeding when the odds of him doing so were low is irrelevant if he doesn’t have supernatural luck. Ain’t no plot armour here

I’ll wait for some other Marvel Supporters to see about how Cena deals with the shield, but if he can, I believe we can all agree on Cena winning Man to Man correct?

I’ll wait for some other Marvel Supporters to see about how Cena deals with the shield, but if he can, I believe we can all agree on Cena winning Man to Man correct?
Cena is 100% winning Man to Man in a fight where no weapons were allowed.

But to say Cena won't get one hit in is basically implying that this match is a stomp.
Well, technically one hit doesn’t totally win it for Cena, it just turns him from an underdog to an overwhelming favourite, if Cap can regain the shield from his vulnerable position then they’re back to square one

His skill in H2H is far more than Cap's, he would have no chance face to face against the Doctor of Thuganomics.

The way I make it seem is kinda difficult to understand to be fair. CA doesn't skill stomp. His ability to dodge or block stomps John's ability to catch his opponent.

The way I make it seem is kinda difficult to understand to be fair. CA doesn't skill stomp. His ability to dodge or block stomps John's ability to catch his opponent.
CA's shield is going to be saving his ass the entire fight. If he didn't have his shield, Cena would wipe the floor with him.

Even then, all Cena needs is one clean hit and he can end the fight right then and there.

So Cap’s win condition is to tire out someone with Superhuman stamina, allowing him to quite literally beat him at his own game despite an extreme experience disadvantage, or beat to death someone who is 3x stronger than him, all before he takes a clean hit, which massively sets him back into a severe disadvantage? I can understand how good Cap is with that shield, but I doubt he is good enough to achieve those tricky win-cons before Cena achieves his

His ability of skill doesn't apply to everything, you do know that right?
Cap doesn't have Analytical Prediction, Instinctive Reactions, Precognition, or any other prediction-like abilities (correct me if I'm wrong).

How is he just going to keep on dodging Cena?

This is why I use Jericho and Theory the most out of everyone else.

So Cap’s win condition is to tire out someone with Superhuman stamina, allowing him to quite literally beat him at his own game despite an extreme experience disadvantage, or beat to death someone who is 3x stronger than him, all before he takes a clean hit, which massively sets him back into a severe disadvantage? I can understand how good Cap is with that shield, but I doubt he is good enough to achieve those tricky win-cons before Cena achieves his
This is an over exaggeration. The way you are wording it is obviously gonna favor Cena smh.

Cap doesn't have Analytical Prediction, Instinctive Reactions, Precognition, or any other prediction-like abilities (correct me if I'm wrong).

How is he just going to keep on dodging Cena?

This is why I use Jericho and Theory the most out of everyone else.
It's called using the shield which is your entire brand.

Cena has fought and defeated people who are faster than him anyway, so this argument that Cap just dodges until Cena tires out doesn't make sense.

This is an over exaggeration.
It really isn’t. Cap is severely screwed if he loses his shield, which he will if he takes a clean hit from Cena, and successfully grappling Cena is gonna be so hard it’s not even funny, his best bet is to tire Cena, which will take more time than he has before he loses the shield in all likelihood

Cap has to jump through a lot of hoops, Cena just has to squeeze his way through one really narrow one. I’m far from concluding/voting here but I fancy Cena’s chances more as it stands

It really isn’t. Cap is severely screwed if he loses his shield, which he will if he takes a clean hit from Cena, and successfully grappling Cena is gonna be so hard it’s not even funny, his best bet is to tire Cena, which will take more time than he has before he loses the shield in all likelihood
Well that's what I'm arguing.

Well I'd argue no one so far has had the skill (or skill with a shield.)
How is Cap's shield helping him dodge attacks? Dodging attacks requires the person to move their body out of harm's way. The shield just helps Cap block attacks.

Rey Mysterio isn't as skilled as Captain America?

Back