• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Izuku CRT, OFA and durability

Status
Not open for further replies.
>Doctor statement

The doctor opened his statement with "the damage pattern was the same as before" or something similar to that effect, he was clearly trying to explain what the damage pattern was not just pointing out that the injuries were horrible.

You may make the argument that the statement wasn't literal, but literal or not it still implies something being destroyed from the inside than through recoil. If a doctor explained that a victims injuries were as if "a buzzsaw was run inside his guts" you can assume that the victim's guts were cut apart rather than punched real hard, even if the statement isn't literal

>Context doesn't matter

The context is that Izuku hurts himself with his attack and felt the need to explaon it to Bakugou

Izuku's damage being something for which "blowback" is the proper word to use is not close to what the statement was trying to get across

The point of the gun example is that in both cases the result of using the weapon/power isn't worded in a manner where they should be taken so literally. Comparing them isn't a massive exaggeration, what is though is saying someone would be lying to someone else's face if they say "prepare for some real kickback" without specifically talking about reactionary forces causing damage to someone.

Nomu example is the same thing as the Bakugo one. And I don't see what the word having a big font is supposed to prove.

You're just focusing too much on minor parts of a statement and ignoring what their original intent was, to compare them to a statement that is actually directly related to the topic in queston and thus more reliable to use in context of this topic than any of the other three. Context does matter in this situation.

>Microwave

I see you just decided to ignore my point about the image being related to physical effects of one for all and instead just insisted that your interpretation is correct. Cool.

That's all I'll post for now, I don't have a lot of time for the other stuff. And no you're not coming off as aggressive, I just have a general lack of motivation right now, so that's why I might appear to be a bit unhappy with the discussion.

The other points

>Scars

Genuine question, would punching someone and having the recoil applied to your fist leave cuts throughout the forearm either?

>Izuku training his body

Needing to train your body to use something does not automatically mean having the durability to tank that thing being applied directly on you. If a person trains his body to use a handgun properly,that wouldn't mean he has the durability to tank street level attacks would it?

Yes there is obviously a relation between Izuku's physical condition and the percentage of OFA he can use, but that relation isn't necessarily a 1:1 ratio of durability and attack potency.

When you take into account that Izuku at some point would need to have 7-A+ or higher durability, it puts into the question the idea of Izuku training his body to tank OFA's attack potency that much more. If someone can train their durability to be this high, why the hell can't someone train their attack potency to this level as well? If hardwork and determination is all that's needed for All Might level physical strength, why has there not been a single individual, who has come anywhere close to him in all these years.

>Full Cowl 100%

That scene wasn't full cowl. Here's a scene After Izuku is launched into the air with the 100% usage and he only worries about his legs being damaged. And if that isn't enough, here, Izuku states that Eri healed him the instant his leg broke. This was a localized 100% just like every other time.

This thread seems to have died without reaching any conclusion, is there anyone else who is against these revisions?

You mean you're with the ones who disagree? I thought you agreed with the OP, anyway if we don't separate Izuku's durability in percentages, it will be a problem when he dominates 20% and suddenly becomes more durable than characters like Fat Gum, which are supposed to be extremely durable because of their Quirk. and it really wouldn't make sense for base Izuku to be superior to tank characters with just a few years of training.

Therefir said:
There is another proof that One For All does increases durability, and that is Deku stating that even his 20% is not enough to handle the power of Black Whip, and that he needs total mastery over One For All (aka 100%) to be able to use this Quirk without suffering any pai.
If One For All didn't increase his durability, then it wouldn't matter if he used Black Whip with 20% or 100%, the pain would be the same.
He experiences pain, but, is there any proof of damage?

How could he suffer pain if he's not being damaged? Not to mention that the pain he suffered was so high that it made him cry, something not even 20% OFA was able to do.

The Black Whip destroyed part of his gloves, it should have affected Izuku from the outside.

If it can affect his clothes, I don't see why it couldn't hurt him, and honestly your theory seems to be taken out of nowhere, what does mastering One For All have to do with receiving less stimulation in his nerves...?

When he used 20%, his entire body was suffering from pain, and he wasn't even moving.

He also broke his feet by kicking the air, even when his body can withstand being propelled at high speeds by OFA 100%.

The God Of Procrastination said:
He uses that arm shortly afterwards.
And what? That doesn't mean his arm wasn't damaged, he has proven to be able to use his arms even when they were beyond broken.

He was also using 20%, so the damage caused by Black Whip was much lower than before.

Or he was being hard headed and didn't really know, just tried it. This is the same dude that started abusing his fingers after they were broken for a tournament match.

He says "but, I can move," implying that he moved at least a little. Didn't someone say that he had just used Manchester Smash, or something? Black Whip can be explained by his body needing a one-for-warmup.

I'm back...

Okay I've kinda explained all of my point already so I don't need to say them again. While I disagree with this 100%, I won't be arguing against it anymore if this goes through.

If people still disagree with me, that's fine, I can't change their mind.

I just wanted to apologize if I came off as aggressive to Andy. Beside, if I'm sure we'll be getting better explanations about OFA later on, so we'll know if this is true or not one day.

Maybe in a guide book in a few years or maybe in a future chapter, who knows? Though I find Therefir points about Blackwhip to be interesting, but that's all I say on the matter.

You don't need to apologize you were fine. And yeah, I'm also going to be more on the sidelines right now, I've explained most of what I could.

If Izuku's Durability gets buffed to 8B in 100%, does Kai scale?

Does anyone scale for that matter?

He wouldn't, Kai didn't land one hit on Izuku throughout the whole fight.

100% right now only lasts for a moment when not combined with Eri's power, so I doubt anyone has or will harm "100% Izuku" without just straight up matching his AP and making durability scaling unnecessary.

Izuku's fingers are completely exposed while wearing the Full Gauntlet, yet they are not damaged when he uses attacks at 100%.

Also, even though the Iron Soles are able to withtand his kicks at 100%, Izuku can still break his legs while wearing them, so the Full Gauntlet is definitely special.

Just gonna bump this by reminding everyone what the reasons of the Dura revision will be

1. Because Izuku's OFA should work similarly to All Might's in mechanics even if not potency. They are fundamentally the same quirk and the only arguments given against this is that All might has shown some minor differences with this ability like having a buff form. Despite the fact that not giving a durability boost is a far more drastic change for a quirk that is based around enhancing the user's physical and quirk based abilities than not giving a superficial transformation. I may also mention that Izuku's OFA isn't canonically weaker than All Might's, it's only rated lower because tier 7 Izuku would be an outlier at this point, you can ignore this point if you feel it doesn't bring much to the discussion but I just thought I should say this.

2.Because if Izuku's OFA doesn't give a durability boost then Izuku would have to physically train himself to have mountain level+ durability. And in the context of My Hero Academia, a character reaching the level of the strongest superpower introduced so far through sheer physical training isn't a realistic scenario at all. Some verses it may be well established that physical training can allow you to reach top tier status but MHA just isn't one of those verses

Those are the reasonings for why OFA should actually give a boost to Izuku, the points about the recoil and its exact nature are only meant to show why the current arguments against this don't work. Keep that in mind when discussing further.

@Andytrenom; the Nomu that All Might fought in the USJ arc had Small City level+ strength and durability despite not having a Quirk that specifcially enhanced those aspects of its body.

Izuku mentions he can't make storms like All Might can, even saying that if All Might moved at 100% he'd create storms with every step. Izuku hasn't been able to make a storm no matter how hard he punches at, even at 100% Full Cowling he can't do it.

He's at most equal to Remnants of OFA who is Low 7-B+. I actually don't mind the possibility of Low 7-B+ Izuku anymore, but that's derailing so I'll save that for another thread.

Pray for my soul, because over the last few minutes I've been legit contemplating Low 7-B Izuku thanks to you.

Too bad I still have other threads and projects to be able to work on this in the upcoming month or two

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back