• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Item Profile (The Hōgyoku)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It think the profile will be helpful in so many ways and as the most powerful item in Bleach, it needs one
I'm not saying you can't make one, I just find it immensely redundant and can't really see the use outside of allowing us to condense Aizen's P&A section given we'd just link it to another profile.

Yeah reviewing the Hogyoku profile again, all it is is taking all of Aizen's accepted Hogyoku abilities and his stats that he got via Hogyoku evolution, copy pasting that onto a separate page, but adding 3-A/Low 2-C reality warping. And all the debate is primarily around whether or not the 3-A/Low 2-C reality warping is legit and if certain abilities are strictly because of the Hogyoku or if they're resultant of specifically the combination with Aizen. Which to me validates what I'm saying.

The only purpose I can see this profile having is giving Kisuke an item that can make him Aizen level, despite never displaying the ability subjugate the Hogyoku like that. So I hate to say this because I know you put work into that profile, but I disagree with it being made on the basis of extreme redundancy.

I'm not saying you can't make one, I just find it immensely redundant and can't really see the use outside of allowing us to condense Aizen's P&A section given we'd just link it to another profile.
An item can have a profile and wouldn't affect the user. Infinity Gauntlet, Ka Stone

I know items can have profiles. That's not my point, my point is it's super redundant. The only thing that's different between the Hogyoku and Aizen is that the Hogyoku doesn't have Aizen-specific abilities/stats, and Aizen doesn't have 3-A/Low 2-C reality warping (although I assume a thread would be made to give Aizen that had this got accepted). Furthermore, it's not like the Hogyoku is an infinity gauntlet that you can equip and gain its powers. The Hogyoku will manifest the desires of those around it and do so at a much higher rate for those who subjugate. The thing is no one but Aizen subjugates it, so even giving this item to Kisuke you wouldn't be able to claim that he could receive the same abilities as Aizen. Given what Kisuke desires is different than what Aizen desires.

Additionally, upon further thought, I think I disagree with the 3-A/Low 2-C rating anyhow. The statement that it can alter the very world itself is not made in a vacuum, it can alter the very world itself by granting the desires of others. Aka by granting Aizen's desires (elevating him to a SK level) can enable him to alter the very world (SK level people can change the world as they see fit if they obtain the seat of SK, and beyond RG level people can affect the universe with their reiatsu). So it doesnt have to be saying the Hogyoku itself is directly warping reality, but rather by granting desires of others it can lead to powers which can alter the world, which is more in line with what we directly see in Aizen. For that reason I disagree with 3-A/Low 2-C.

Which now brings me back to why even make this profile to begin. Given the majority of staff agree it should have the 3-A/Low 2-C rating, the profile is just taking the Hogyoku abilities on Aizen's profile and his Hogyoku amped stats and copy pasting them onto another profile, that isn't pertinent to anyone except Aizen anyway. Creating a redundant profile for the sake of "items can have profiles" doesn't seem like a good enough reason to add that page to the wiki imo.

I know items can have profiles. That's not my point, my point is it's super redundant. The only thing that's different between the Hogyoku and Aizen is that the Hogyoku doesn't have Aizen-specific abilities/stats, and Aizen doesn't have 3-A/Low 2-C reality warping (although I assume a thread would be made to give Aizen that had this got accepted). Furthermore, it's not like the Hogyoku is an infinity gauntlet that you can equip and gain its powers. The Hogyoku will manifest the desires of those around it and do so at a much higher rate for those who subjugate. The thing is no one but Aizen subjugates it, so even giving this item to Kisuke you wouldn't be able to claim that he could receive the same abilities as Aizen. Given what Kisuke desires is different than what Aizen desires.

Additionally, upon further thought, I think I disagree with the 3-A/Low 2-C rating anyhow. The statement that it can alter the very world itself is not made in a vacuum, it can alter the very world itself by granting the desires of others. Aka by granting Aizen's desires (elevating him to a SK level) can enable him to alter the very world (SK level people can change the world as they see fit if they obtain the seat of SK, and beyond RG level people can affect the universe with their reiatsu). So it doesnt have to be saying the Hogyoku itself is directly warping reality, but rather by granting desires of others it can lead to powers which can alter the world, which is more in line with what we directly see in Aizen. For that reason I disagree with 3-A/Low 2-C.

Which now brings me back to why even make this profile to begin. Given the majority of staff agree it should have the 3-A/Low 2-C rating, the profile is just taking the Hogyoku abilities on Aizen's profile and his Hogyoku amped stats and copy pasting them onto another profile, that isn't pertinent to anyone except Aizen anyway. Creating a redundant profile for the sake of "items can have profiles" doesn't seem like a good enough reason to add that page to the wiki imo.
Oh well I guess this thread can be closed then😥

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back