• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Itachi Outsmarts all of Bleach

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think you should be bringing up examples you appear to disagree with (calling mindflayer stuff bs) as a bastion for an argument against something. Like perhaps MF should be SG and the arguments/discourse surrounding it isn’t up to snuff (whatever that could mean I’m not involved in the verse). Regardless I see a bunch of “but this verse doesn’t have it” as justifying why Aizen shouldn’t, and frankly that’s just whataboutism moments left and right. Rather than drop whataboutism after whataboutism, it’d be appreciated if you engaged more in the conversation using the context within Bleach and citing our standards instead.

Regardless I see a bunch of “but this verse doesn’t have it” as justifying why Aizen shouldn’t, and frankly that’s just whataboutism moments left and right
Right, but we also have multiple comments of "this verse has it so Aizen should too." But I agree the whataboutism as a whole should be put aside.

The mind flayers made star system-spanning empires with tech capable of nuking 2-A multiverses in a verse where it's still pseudo-medieval, and it still didn't qualify for SG my guy, I'm trying to show you how bs the standards are
I mean we both agree that Supergenius simply exists to wank off Comic characters so 🤷‍♂️.

I'm just saying that your interpretation doesn't seem to be supported by the page itself and seems to contradict accepted examples. If Supergenius is internally inconsistent in definition (application most certainly though), then 🤷‍♂️.

Never thought I’d disagree with a Bleach thread but I do. OP states it’s stated to reality warp things on a universal scale but that’s never stated. If that was the case why didn’t Aizen just use it to become the SK and make the universe the way he wants it?

I agree with Deagonx and Lephyr here. Characters with Supergenius level intellects have to display an absolutely ridiculous amount of versatility when it comes to constructing reality-warping equipment of an at the very minimum universal scale from whatever material they have at hand, not just use a magical piece of a cosmic entity to do so and have no other extremely versatile feats remotely approaching this scale.

I don't agree. The nuclear bomb wasn't something that they just poured random substances into until something worked
Neither was the hogyoku. You repeating this in a condescending and oversimplified way doesn't change that fact. The story doesn't give us the specifics of everything Soul Society-science related Aizen went into, and nothing implies they were throwing shit at the wall to see what stuck.

If what you claim is true, Tokinada and Seinosuke Yamada would've made another Hogyoku... but they can't. This doesn't hold up to a tiny bit of scrutiny.

Last edited:
I agree with Deagonx and Lephyr here. Characters with Supergenius level intellects have to display an absolutely ridiculous amount of versatility when it comes to constructing reality-warping equipment of an at the very minimum universal scale from whatever material they have at hand, not just use a magical piece of a cosmic entity to do so and have no other extremely versatile feats remotely approaching this scale.
However the issue is that the Hogyoku having a Soul King Fragment is argued as a fuel source and it wasn't countered as of right now.

whatever material they have at hand
This is an absurd no-limits fallacy

The implication would be characters that qualify as "supergenius" can just make 3-A tech out of something like an unlimited supply of bananas or 3-A technology out of air. Even if the laws of physics can be bent in a verse, there has to be some level of jump a character can make that's impossible in real life that allows them to make 3-A technology, and Aizen making it with Reio fragments and complicated combinations of technology, chemistry, and whatever else it took to make the Hogyoku can just be that jump.

Last edited:
This is an absurd no-limits fallacy

The implication would be characters that qualify as "supergenius" can just make 3-A tech out of something like an unlimited supply of bananas or 3-A technology out of air
Besides, the Soul King Fragment is just a fuel source that is yet to be countered. Its like saying building a nuclear bomb isn't a feat for us, cause we used plutonium to make it possible.

It's never stated the Hogyoku is powered by the fragment (which is SK's fingernail btw), nor is it stated that that's the reason that it's 3-A. The Hogyoku is not composed of SK's part, it simply absorbed one.

It's at most an esoteric substance Aizen uses in his construction of a 3-A device.

Do these characters have an extremely wide repertoire of reality-warping inventions of a similar scale, and what are the Hogyoku's capabilities in the first place?

Never thought I’d disagree with a Bleach thread but I do. OP states it’s stated to reality warp things on a universal scale but that’s never stated. If that was the case why didn’t Aizen just use it to become the SK and make the universe the way he wants it?
The scans are in the blog. Look at the range section of Aizens profile for that.
Do these characters have an extremely wide repertoire of reality-warping inventions of a similar scale,
Well we know there's others for Kisuke in the blog and that have been discussed here.
and what are the Hogyoku's capabilities in the first place?
Also on the blog.

Do these characters have an extremely wide repertoire of reality-warping inventions of a similar scale, and what are the Hogyoku's capabilities in the first place?
Limited Fusionism (Aizen physically fused with the Hogyoku[48]), Reality Warping and Mind Reading (The true power of the Hogyoku is to make the owners desires come true. The Hogyoku is an orb with a mind of it's own and is capable of reading the hearts of those around it. It is capable of granting Aizen whatever he desires, so long as it is within his abilities[49]), Power Bestowal and Power Modification (The Hogyoku can bestow powers onto others and modify beings and their powers[50] such as bestowing Sealing onto Wonderwiess[51] or bestowing Hollowfication onto Tosen.[52] By hearing the desires of those close to it, the Hogyoku can force people to realize their latent abilities[53]), Fate Manipulation (The Hogyoku made certain events occur due to reading the hearts of people around it and materializing them. For example, the Hogyoku controlled the boundary between Shinigami and Hollow as that was Kisuke's wish, or Rukia losing all of her powers by giving them to Ichigo as she tortured herself over the death of Kaien Shiba[54]), Soul Absorption and Statistics Amplification (Aizen is able to feed Souls to The Hogyoku to boost its power[55]), Transformation, Adaptation and Reactive Evolution (The Hogyoku made Aizen undergo several evolutions during battle, increasing his statistics, changing his appearance and granting him new abilities and resistances on the spot[56]), Regeneration (Mid-Godly; Aizen can quickly regenerate from attacks such as Mugetsu or any attack within The Soul Society[57][58]), Immortality (Types 1, 2, 3, 4, and 8 - Aizen gained a form of immortality with the Hogyoku.[59] Aizen's immortality allows him to live past his immense 20,000 year prison sentence.[60] Aizen can survive severe wounds such as a missing arm and hole in his chest without initially regenerating.[61] Aizen's immortality and regeneration is entirely reliant upon the Hogyoku embedded in his chest,[62] which will keep Aizen alive even if it were to be stolen from his body, or if Aizen were to sustain mortal damage, forcing him to evolve[63]), Biological Manipulation, Transmutation, Limited Deconstruction, Statistics Amplification and Statistics Reduction (With the Hogyoku, Aizen can induce Hollowfication onto Souls, depending on their level of Strength they either disintegrated or transformed into a Hollow, This causes them to gain the inherent characteristics of Hollows such as gaining a large amount of strength at the cost of massively decreasing their intelligence[64]),
Range
Universal, possibly Universal+ to Interdimensional with the Hogyoku (The Hogyoku can affect the entire world through its ability to fulfill the desires of people[124])

Small clarification, but the scan does not say Hogyoku affects "the entire world" rather it says "the very world."
When the soul king and world are in the same paragraph, they talk about creation. On the same page, it says that becoming the soul king would allow them to reshape the world; again, when talking about the soul king, we are talking about creation, not a single realm. It should be 2-C, but 2-C bleach must wait until cour 3 and 4.

Don't engage with that rage bait 🗿. No one's interested in this semantic fuckery.
Small clarification, but the scan does not say Hogyoku affects "the entire world" rather it says "the very world."

What other reality warping inventions do they have at this scale? Also, please refrain from mockery/insults in the future.
The ones I put in the blog and discussed in the thread.

It's not honest to say there are no other feats. Just say feats you disagree with or sum, bit saying there are no other fears in discussion is simply not true and is a misrepresentation of events.

I didn't say there are no other feats, I said they didn't have other "reality warping inventions at this scale."

Kisuke's ability with technology is so advanced he can affect his entire cosmology itself. Kisuke's Keikaigi technology manipulates the Garganta space between the worlds to travel through. Kisuke eventually masters this technology to open up a portal to the Garganta at will. The fact that Kisuke with just his technology is capable of warping a space greater than two worlds to travel through them at will is beyond even a supernatural level of technological prowess, but a universal one. This is further shown by Kisuke creating technology to counteract the time dilation of a realm itself. Kisuke's Kaikyō Kotei rods are creations designed to stop the flow of Kōryū in the Dangai, allowing to not only prevent it from trapping people who stay too long within the Dangai, but it also allows one to shorten the range of the Kototsu's ability to throw one off its temporal axis to the point it goes from being able to kill someone by throwing them off their time axis by centuries, to only throwing them off by a couple days. Kisuke's ability to do this showcases not only a technological ability to massively affect entire worlds, but an in depth knowledge of the world and esoteric concepts like how 4th dimensional space and time flow operate within his world, and how Kisuke can manipulate and affect these forces.

Which of those do you believe reach the relevant level here, and what are the actual scans for them?

Which of those do you believe reach the relevant level here, and what are the actual scans for them?
Kisuke's ability with technology is so advanced he can affect his entire cosmology itself.
Kisuke's Keikaigi technology manipulates the Garganta space between the worlds to travel through. Kisuke eventually masters this technology to open up a portal to the Garganta at will. The fact that Kisuke with just his technology is capable of warping a space greater than two worlds to travel through them at will is beyond even a supernatural level of technological prowess, but a universal one.
The Garganta is space-time that contains at least three more universal space-times and 1 Unknown sized space-time with many more (arguably an infinite number of) at least star-level spaces. it's also one of the space-time barriers in the verse
This is further shown by Kisuke creating technology to counteract the time dilation of a realm itself. Kisuke's Kaikyō Kotei rods are creations designed to stop the flow of Kōryū in the Dangai, allowing to not only prevent it from trapping people who stay too long within the Dangai, but it also allows one to shorten the range of the Kototsu's ability to throw one off its temporal axis to the point it goes from being able to kill someone by throwing them off their time axis by centuries, to only throwing them off by a couple days. Kisuke's ability to do this showcases not only a technological ability to massively affect entire worlds, but an in depth knowledge of the world and esoteric concepts like how 4th dimensional space and time flow operate within his world, and how Kisuke can manipulate and affect these forces.
This one is self-explanatory
Ask Arcker123 for the scans

Last edited:
Kisuke's Kaikyō Kotei rods are creations designed to stop the flow of Kōryū in the Dangai, allowing to not only prevent it from trapping people who stay too long within the Dangai, but it also allows one to shorten the range of the Kototsu's ability to throw one off its temporal axis to the point it goes from being able to kill someone by throwing them off their time axis by centuries, to only throwing them off by a couple days. Kisuke's ability to do this showcases not only a technological ability to massively affect entire worlds, but an in depth knowledge of the world and esoteric concepts like how 4th dimensional space and time flow operate within his world, and how Kisuke can manipulate and affect these forces.
for this specifically, it was the episode where Ichigo first started his training inside the Dangai. I don't remember the manga chapter though.

Most of the rest of this is sound, but there are a couple other things I have to disagree with:

I checked with DarkGrath on this having invisibility/camouflage doesn't automatically grant stealth mastery, so that should be removed or an additional justification should be provided.
Light Manipulation, Spatial Manipulation, Enhanced Invisibility and Further Enhanced Stealth Mastery (By bending light, a user of Kyokkō can make themselves[18] or anything they desire invisible[19] and can hide their Reiatsu, Reiryoku, or Kido, even from Shinigami. Kyokkō is described as cutting through space to hide things[20])
Spatial Manip is redundant to the later Spacetime Manip, so that should be resolved somehow, and the Stealth Mastery should be removed.

Ditto for Kisuke's stealth mastery.

Most of the rest of this is sound, but there are a couple other things I have to disagree with:

I checked with DarkGrath on this having invisibility/camouflage doesn't automatically grant stealth mastery, so that should be removed or an additional justification should be provided.

Spatial Manip is redundant to the later Spacetime Manip, so that should be resolved somehow, and the Stealth Mastery should be removed.

Ditto for Kisuke's stealth mastery.
They also provide Resistance to Extra-sensory perception.

See, the thing is

That doesn't matter for a true Supergenius. The moment you need a specific power source, one you yourself can't invent from scratch, is the moment you stop qualifying for the rating.

The tiering of the power source is irrelevant, as ultimately, the sheer fact it can turn your subconscious desires to reality is reality warping tech. However, the existence of this specific power source instantly make it so that it doesn't qualify.
But wouldn’t using a power source refining it to make something new apply.
Just think of it like crude oil. Aizen ability to make soul king fragments into the hogykou(something that can affect the universe) should give them super genius.

another example u need materials like colbalt and lithium ion batteries for iPhone without it u wouldn’t have the phone. U Can’t just use random materials that would be illogical. Just like in order to make paper u need trees. the same logic would apply here, in order to make an item that can warp reality u would need materials that affect the world. So the ability to take this ingredient and materials to get your desired outcome should count for their intelligence lvl.

So them using the soul king fragment shouldn’t be used as a counter to their intelligence.

Especially because the hogyoku was a ground breaking invention.

Last edited:
But wouldn’t using a power source refining it to make something new apply.
Just think of it like crude oil. Aizen ability to make soul king fragments into the hogykou(something that can affect the universe) should give them super genius.
Not as the standards are currently defined

Plus, I absolutely disagree with treating a soul king fragment as "crude oil"

Not as the standards are currently defined

Plus, I absolutely disagree with treating a soul king fragment as "crude oil"
another example u need materials like colbalt and lithium ion batteries for iPhone without it u wouldn’t have the phone. U Can’t just use random materials that would be illogical. Just like in order to make paper u need trees. the same logic would apply here, in order to make an item that can warp reality u would need materials that affect the world. So the ability to take this ingredient and materials to get your desired outcome should count for their intelligence lvl.

So them using the soul king fragment shouldn’t be used as a counter to their intelligence.

Especially because the hogyoku was a ground breaking invention.
That’s why I used another example

Also could u show me where it states what you saying in the wiki standards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back