• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What? If u r saying, that astrong person can have worse feats, than a weak person, then sure. If you are saying that the strong persons abilities of seeing/understanding stuff can be worse, even though they should be higher, then no.

but ,i have see some book like this,you should know all story can written by your keyboard.

and,before i say anything more.

i want the original text frist.

Wow, so now the argument is about a random dude(who's using apparently using google translate as a basis) trying to change the official translation now o_O ? You do realise that if you want to use rights that came out of nowhere to change the official translation, we could do the same?

"but ,i have see some book like this,you should know all story can written by your keyboard."

You ninjad me on that one. I edited it. Also, the only thing that makes it inconsistant, is what you are proposing, nothing else.

@Nepuko Not sure if its google translate, coz google at least agrees on the "countless" part lol

He is also denying the fact, that a word can change its meaning within a context. He has likely never heard about something like a metaphor lol

RatherClueless said:
@Nepuko Not sure if its google translate, coz google at least agrees on the "countless" part lol
He is also denying the fact, that a word can change its meaning within a context. He has likely never heard about something like a metaphor lol
Google translate is google translate after all, it can give you the words kindaaaaa right if you put them separately, put them together and it's a whole other story. Dosen't change the fact that a random dude came in and I dunno with what authority, decided that the official Translation of the guy who's been translating for years and is in irl contact with the author, is not fitting. And, if he wants to change the meaning so it could suit whatever downgrade he wishes to, we can do the same for the opposite reason. This is just wtf right now, just ignore it really.

Nepuko said:
Wow, so now the argument is about a random dude(who's using apparently using google translate as a basis) trying to change the official translation now o_O ? You do realise that if you want to use rights that came out of nowhere to change the official translation, we could do the same?
dude,maybe you think i want to donwgrade this verse ,and i use google translation ,but this time you are wrong ,just let us talk in chinese.

Þ»┤Õ«×Þ»ØÕɺ´╝îµêæõ©ìµâ│µèèÞÇ│µá╣þÜäÕ«çÕ«ÖÚÖìþ║º´╝îõ¢áµÿ»ÕñûÕø¢ÚüôÕÅï´╝îµ£ëõ║øõ║ïþ£ƒþÜäõ©ìþƒÑÚüôõ╣ƒµâൣëÕÅ»Õă´╝îõ¢åµÿ»µêæõ©¬õ║║µ»öÞ¥âÕ«×õ║ïµ▒éµÿ»ÒÇéõ¢áµèèµùáµò░õ©¬þ®║Úù┤Þ»┤µêɵùáµò░õ©¬þ╗┤Õ║ª´╝îþ£ƒÕ┐âþ£ïõ©ìõ©ïÕÄ╗´╝îõ╣ƒõ©ìþ¼ªÕÉêÞÇ│µá╣þÜäÕăµäÅÕòè´╝îµêÿÕèøÕÅ»õ╗ѵ»ö´╝îõ¢åµÿ»õ©ìÞªüµ¡¬µø▓õ║ïÕ«×Õòè´╝îÕàäÕÅ░ÒÇé

This has nothing to do with the issue. You may have as well wanted to upgrade the verse, and I'd have told you the same : you have no right to change the official translation(especially since I seem to be right....). And no thanks btw.

Nepuko said:
This has nothing to do with the issue. You may have as well wanted to upgrade the verse, and I'd have told you the same : you have no right to change the official translation. And no thanks btw.
We always use original source as feats rather than the translation, official or not.

Some of our member are proficient in chinese and more reliable in terms of powerscaling.

@Eganergo

Hm, I'm pretty sure that even those members gotta translate what they understood in english. So by that logic ignoring what the professional translator who tl-ed for years said is a bit..... weird, to say the least.

The problem with official translation is they tend to add words to make it easier to read.

Of course this is a good move for the reader but certainly not for evaluating or analyzing feats presented in the novel.

It doesn't matter if he get permission or not. If the translation is "space", then it become space and nothing else. If the translation is getting "freezed", then it become freezed and not "freezed to absolute zero".

It might look simple but context is important.

@Eganergo Exactly, context. Chinese dosen't simply depend on the characters themselves, but on the context(as you said), which may vary from the entire chapter to the entire novel (quoted from a translator). This is why "Imperial Lord" can become Sovereign, or "Temple of Ancient Evil" could be tled as "Archaean" (quoted from Deathblade himself). Which is why I'm finding this a bit weird, since there's no one who knows the context more than the translator.. And just in the context a bit above that quote, Meng Hao was seen entering another dimension :

"It was as if Meng Hao was now hovering, not in the Mountain and Sea Realm, but in some other dimensional space. The only thing which remained behind was a shadow, an image which everyone could see but not touch!"

And the context of a professional TL who read the whole novel < members who're gonna read one passage and decide?

Seems legit.

Yeah, I have to agree here. Its just getting redicoulus. Its very clear whats meant, wether thats the 1 to 1 translation or not.

"If the translation is getting "freezed", then it become freezed and not "freezed to absolute zero"."

Lets use that as an example, but instead change the original to "it was frozen to the point of no movement" and the translation being "it was frozen to absolute zero"... It is talking about the same thing, wether you like it or not.

I am really thinking about asking Ant to who this guy is, so we can ask him to comment here.

let me put thing this way´╝îin this site ´╝îis there any other people who can speak chinese´╝ƒ just ask them´╝îwhat the µùáµò░þÜäþ®║Úù┤ mean . very simple right? you needt just listen to me.

and´╝îi am not come here to downgrade ÞÇ│µá╣ verseÒÇé

from my perspective´╝î ergen's understanding of dao is very impressive´╝îEspecially´╝îþÖ¢Õ░Åþ║»'s explanation about µ£¼µ║ÉÒÇéso ´╝îi would rather agree with the 1a rating´╝îbut 1b ratingÒÇésaying µùáµò░þÜäþ®║Úù┤ is countless spacial dimensions is absolutely wrongÒÇé

RatherClueless said:
Yeah, I have to agree here. Its just getting redicoulus. Its very clear whats meant, wether thats the 1 to 1 translation or not.

"If the translation is getting "freezed", then it become freezed and not "freezed to absolute zero"."

Lets use that as an example, but instead change the original to "it was frozen to the point of no movement" and the translation being "it was frozen to absolute zero"... It is talking about the same thing, wether you like it or not.

I am really thinking about asking Ant to who this guy is, so we can ask him to comment here.
This is what i'm talking about. Context is important.

You can't move when you're freezed into a certain level even below absolute zero, like captain america trapped in ice, etc.

But if the context talks about no movement even at molecular level, now we're talking about absolute zero.

No movement can be interpreted as his normal self cannot move, but you need more explanation for absolute zero (in this case molecule).

This example is the same as space and dimensional space. As the other have said, your scan is not enough to prove the space as dimensional space.

@Eganergo There are many things that show that we are talking about dimensions. Most of the quotes make no sence what so ever, if we assume, lets say universes.

Also frozen to the point of no movement =/= someone cant move, due to being frozen

Dplio90 said:
let me put thing this way´╝îin this site ´╝îis there any other people who can speak chinese´╝ƒ just ask them´╝îwhat the µùáµò░þÜäþ®║Úù┤ mean . very simple right? you needt just listen to me.
and´╝îi am not come here to downgrade ÞÇ│µá╣ verseÒÇé

from my perspective´╝î ergen's understanding of dao is very impressive´╝îEspecially´╝îþÖ¢Õ░Åþ║»'s explanation about µ£¼µ║ÉÒÇéso ´╝îi would rather agree with the 1a rating´╝îbut 1b ratingÒÇésaying µùáµò░þÜäþ®║Úù┤ is countless spacial dimensions is absolutely wrongÒÇé
I did better, I asked a translator (the translator of Chaotic Sword God) if that could refer to dimensional space, he said yea. Anyhow.

The thing is, unless the wiki would be in Chinese, translating it would be a filter. And that would include whoever would want to translate from chinese to english (so that includes those proficient in Chinese in this wiki). For chinese characters you need more than the characters itself, what's important is the context. Just like how the exact same characters would be Imperial Lord in a novel and Sovereign in another, how Grand Empyrean could be Exalted Celestial, or how they would be "Ancient evil temple" in one and "Archaean" in another.

So, putting the obvious fact that it refers to dimensions aside fra, as this is an english site this stuff gotta be translated to english. So, again, I don't see why one would ignore the official translation of the professional translator who knows context the most, who translated Two Er Gen-verse novels, who's in contact with the author and the translators of the 2 other Er Gen-verse novels (and they also refer to Deathblade most of the time), in favor of "members proficient in chinese who'd look at one quote and decide based on what they understood what it is".

Sorry but that's bullshit.

you should ask the translator it is mean spacial dimensions or notÒÇé

he can read chinese ´╝îright´╝ƒ

can you talk him this´╝îÞ┐Öõ║øõ║║Þ«ñõ©║µùáµò░þÜäþ®║Úù┤þ¡ëõ║ĵùáµò░þÜäþ╗┤Õ║ª´╝îõ¢áþ£ƒþÜäÞ┐Öõ╣êÞ«ñõ©║ÕÉù´╝ƒõ╗ûõ╗¼Þ«ñõ©║þÜäþ╗┤Õ║ªµÿ»þ╗┤Õ║ªþÜäõ©¬µò░´╝îµ»öÕªéõ©ëþ╗┤Õ║ª´╝îÕìüþ╗┤Õ║ª´╝îõ©ÇþÖ¥þ╗┤Õ║ª´╝îµêæµâ│õ¢áõ©ìõ╝ÜÞ«ñõ©║µùáµò░þÜäþ®║Úù┤þ¡ëõ║Äþ®║Úù┤µ£¼Þ║½µ£ëµùáµò░þ╗┤Õ║ªÕɺÒÇé

GLHF22 said:
native speakers are more reliable than "Official translation" tho.
And when the translators of the "official translation" are chinese themselves, or were teachers of English and Mandarin in China before they became full-time translators?

Eganergo said:
The problem with official translation is they tend to add words to make it easier to read.
Of course this is a good move for the reader but certainly not for evaluating or analyzing feats presented in the novel.

It doesn't matter if he get permission or not. If the translation is "space", then it become space and nothing else. If the translation is getting "freezed", then it become freezed and not "freezed to absolute zero".

It might look simple but context is important.
@Nepuko ^

@GLHF22 That..doesn't change anything? He's saying context is important, and I'm saying that as well, which is actually the number 1 reason i'm saying all this?

@GLHF We have been over context quite a bit by now. Anything but spatial dimensions would give alot of contradictions and nonesensical quotes.

my point is

"The problem with official translation is they tend to add words to make it easier to read.

Of course this is a good move for the reader but certainly not for evaluating or analyzing feats presented in the novel."

if native speaker says the translation is wrong then i more believe him, cuz translator are also a human they may makes some error or makes the translation easy to read

-"Native speakers" are also humans

-I prefer to believe the native speakers who are also translators than just "native speakers". Being a native speaker dosen't automatically make you extremely proficient in language/translation, and even aside that they don't have the context.

Nepuko said:
-"Native speakers" are also humans
-I prefer to believe the native speakers who are also translators than just "native speakers". Being a native speaker dosen't automatically make you extremely proficient in language/translation, and even aside that they don't have the context.
XD, Native speakers are different than Official translator

in this thread he was clearly anlyze the words cuz he translate less than the translator

native speakesr in this wiki translate to confirm feats while the "translator" translate it for people who want to read it

RatherClueless said:
not rly, since you said, that even the countless is wrong
i never say countless is wrong´╝îyou maybe misunderstoodÒÇé

µùáµò░=countless

þ®║Úù┤=space

@GLHF22

o_O. Do you think that the translator dosen't analyze the words? If you read his translated works you'd see tons of footnotes about his choice of translation. They're not professional translators for nothing. And they're also most of the time native speakers as well. So, bro XD

Dplio90 said:
RatherClueless said:
not rly, since you said, that even the countless is wrong
i never say countless is wrong´╝îyou maybe misunderstoodÒÇé
µùáµò░=countless

þ®║Úù┤=space
Again, you're not taking in the context. Go look at the same thread Clueless showed and see my screenshots of what another translator, who's also a native speaker, said. Look at how one should proceed in translating Chinese to English, please :)

XD Both of em are Native speakers

if native says the translation is wrong then there must be some error in the translations

for example if the translation says

You

while native says

I'am

then who is to blame? the language?

GLHF22 said:
XD
Both of em are Native speakers

if native says the translation is wrong then there must be some error in the translations

for example if the translation says

You

while native says

I'am

then who is to blame? the language?
No brother. There's no error in the translation, you simply have one who wants to stick to one translation of a word, which is funny since in Chinese one word could mean 3 things depending on the context. Again, as I said, he dosen't have the context, which is pretty important in translating and understanding chinese characters :)

I also asked another translator (who himself dosen't even know the context, but see what he said. This is a NATIVE SPEAKER who's also a translator. Of Chaotic Sword God I think, currently), as Deathblade is busy right now, and here are the Screenshots. Also look at his first reaction, the context :

TL thoughts

TL thoughts 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back