• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I won't bring some argument again as it will only continue with both parties sustaining their opinions. Is exhausting to say the same thing again and again.

Question: How high do you place Essence?

I mean, Dao is the absolute principle underlying the universe. And for those who say (rightfully so) that we do not equalize religion to in-verse stuff, I say to you we had and gave you in-verse quotes that it works and is the same.

Dao (Úüô d├áo) ― the origin and source of all things. It can be translated in many different ways, including The Way / Road / Path / Method. According to Daoism, it is the absolute principle underlying the universe, combining within itself the principles of Yin and Yang and signifying the way, or code of behavior, that is in harmony with the natural order. In these novels, characters often try to gain insights into the Dao, which can give them supernatural powers or even control over the natural world.

We already gave you quotes that show :

-it's the origin and source of all things

-in Zara's blog you can see that it also act as a way/path/etc, and also this

-in the description of Essence (quoted from chapter 1311 of AWE), while it created them you can see it combining with the principles of Yin and Yang

-Last sentence is a given since this is a Xianxia

So I'm still lost on how it's refused to accept that it's the same while we showed you in-verse quotes about that.

And even aside from that, I still fail to see how not having dimensional limitations, not being bound by it and having the usual scale not making any sense (as seen from conflicting properties above), isn't enough to show it's transcendent of the concept of dimensions. It created and contains all spaces and times, which means that be it 1-D or 99-D it's irrelevant since it's contained in it. And then we have Essence being a part of Dao. Dao is the origin and source of all things in existence in ISSTH, and I fail to see what part about "Everything" isn't understandable here. Dao can be a phenomenon, a law, a concept, an essence or whatever you want it can be anything as there is no limit. And also how I see that people except fancy words like "spatial dimensions", "above M-string", etc in a novel with an Ancient Daoism China setting, and how they refuse to use Daoism cosmology (while it was shown that it works the Daoism way, not whatever way they're used to here).

If only there was a Xianxia mod here, but I digress.

And if the 1-A definition has a problem, then please change it before downgrading.

I am not well informed enough to be able to help here. My apologies.

I don't think The 4th step is 1-A, some quotes made me think they aren't.

Meng Hao's divine sense saw a new starry sky. Instantly, his heart began to pound.

What he was looking at... was something which could truly be called infinite... the Universe!

Based on his divine sense, he couldn't see its borders at all.
There was resplendent, dazzling light, and a seemingly endless sea of stars, filled with countless vortexes and other heavenly bodies. --
ISSH - Chapter 1538: A Universe!

The level of danger Meng Hao sensed upon that fist was the most intense he had ever felt. He had never felt power like this since Transcending. This was... a peak level power within the starry sky!

In fact, it even went beyond the natural laws of the starry sky, exceeding all limitations. This was a level of power on par with the Universe itself. This was not just simply the power of Transcendence, it went to a realm beyond that, the Ancestor Realm!
-- ISSH - Chapter 1583: None Can Match My Strength!

Ancestor Realm is par with Universe in this context it means Vast Expanse not True Universe beyond it. which mean Meng Hao in this state( Late Daosource) still less power than the Universe(Vast Expanse).

"Why haven't you left? Why haven't you gone? This starry sky is so small! The Universe is so big! Why haven't you gone?!

"I should be the lord of this starry sky! I've Transcended! Why are you still here?!?!" Jin Yunsha was going mad. It was impossible for him not to. He had paid an unimaginable price to continue his cultivation down to this day, and was now more than half a step into Transcendence. How could he ever have imagined that Meng Hao would suddenly pop up, like a horrific nightmare?
-- ISSH - Chapter 1598: You're Still Here?!

From these quotes, It means those who reach The 4th step still limited by space or else why big matter.

It was only natural for him to recognize Bai Xiaochun. This was the River of Time and Space, and the old man was an expression of time itself. He knew everything. A mere glance at Bai Xiaochun revealed all the information about the fight with the Mortal Renegade, as well as everything afterward!!

As all of the various details had been revealed to him, he collapsed a bit inwardly, almost unable to believe everything he had seen.

He could sense that Bai Xiaochun's cultivation base had already reached an unfathomable level. In fact, the old boatman had actually never considered that someone could become this powerful.

This old boatman had long since reached the fourth step of cultivatio, and yet… not even he would dare to consume an Aphrodisiac Pill created by someone as almighty as Bai Xiaochun.
-- AWE - Chapter 1312: The Left Side

Bai Xiaochun is 5th step but from this quote, that old man who is an expression of time can glance at him and know all information about him, and that old man is 4th step too and he descriptive such expression of time, see not above concept of time at all.

If Daosource cultivators qualify as 1A, don't you think It very contradict, 1-A being who superior to all concept of space and time couldn't see borders of Universe and the 5th step who more powerful than 4th Step still affects by time.

The quotes you showed there have nothing to do with Essence and Dao itself. Plus, for your first 2 quotes MH wasn't even in Ancestor yet. And we're talking about a state of being, while you mentioned Divine Sense, and I don't see how one can equalize a cultivation realm with an "object". Again your following quotes don't talk about Essence nor Dao itself, and Jin Yunshan was not a 4th step when he said that. And I remind you that people at the 4th step while being Essences and Dao unto themselves, can choose to represent an aspect if they wish to, so the old man represting the Essence of Time isn't surprising. Plus, Bai fight (while in 3rd step) happened in the Eternal Spirit World, and the old man was always around, and the moment he became 4th/5th he met the old man(with 5th step way above 4th), so I don't see why he wouldn't know of what happened, and that's not called "being affected by time". Other more clear and precise feats in the ISSTH CRT (I think) can show you that even at 2nd step MH already didn't care about time, and you also have Bai not being affected by time as early as 2nd step (2nd paragraph chapter 1235), so why would dudes 2 steps above be affected? Also, there are differences in 1-A itself you know.

@Zaratthustra would know how to answer you better tho (since he made the issth CRT) XD (and I forgot most mid-ISSTH stuff)

Nice to see Er Gen-readers flocking in here. Have a nice day :)

@Nepuko

MH wasn't even in Ancestor yet

But he already Daosource realm that your claim he is 1A.

Again your following quotes don't talk about Essence nor Dao itself

I didn't talk about Essence nor Dao but feats of 4th step cultivators who above Dao which show contradict feats.

Jin Yunshan was not the 4th step when he said that.

False, Jin Yunshan is Daosource realm at that moment only lack is Transcendent soul. -- ISSH - Chapter 1595: Someone Transcends!

can choose to represent an aspect if they wish to, so the old man representing the Essence of Time isn't surprising.

Become time itself isn't 1A, at most is High 1B like Eternity in Marvel nowhere near 1A.

Other more clear and precise feats in the ISSTH CRT (I think) can show you that even at 2nd step MH already didn't care about time

Chinese novel always has quote "Surmount time and space" or something like that it just a flower language.

@ Zoorooz117

-Again, Divine Sense =/= state of being.

-Still not contradicting anything. And again, if cultivators 2 steps under them could do something, there's no way those 2 steps after can't.

-You don't seem to know how Daosource works. You're at Daosource only if you get all 3 parts, transcendent body/soul/cultivation. Plus, in the same quote you gave me he was referred to as half a step in 4th.

-Again, state of being and what him choosing to represent the Essence he comprehended aren't the same.

-Know, I was talking about precise feats(iirc paragon Xuan Fang or something else. Ask Zara) not what you so-called "flowery language". If your "flowery language" excuse was ever valid, most of the verses here would get a downgrade, falsely at that. And high-tier stuff always seem like flowery language either way. But the fact that it's stated in the verse does not change. And "chinese novels" is rather broad.

An unjust one I'd say. [Dao is the absolute principle underlying the universe. And for those who say (rightfully so) that we do not equalize religion to in-verse stuff, I say to you we had and gave you in-verse quotes that it works and is the same.

Dao (Úüô d├áo) ― the origin and source of all things. It can be translated in many different ways, including The Way / Road / Path / Method. According to Daoism, it is the absolute principle underlying the universe, combining within itself the principles of Yin and Yang and signifying the way, or code of behavior, that is in harmony with the natural order. In these novels, characters often try to gain insights into the Dao, which can give them supernatural powers or even control over the natural world.

We already gave you quotes that show :

-it's the origin and source of all things

-in Zara's blog you can see that it also act as a way/path/etc, and also this

-in the description of Essence (quoted from chapter 1311 of AWE), while it created them you can see it combining with the principles of Yin and Yang

-Last sentence is a given since this is a Xianxia

So I'm still lost on how it's refused to accept that it's the same while we showed you in-verse quotes about that. Because with that @Matt's main problem(stated at the very beginning of this thread) should already be solved.

And the, even if you don't care about Essence being above the concept of space, thing is it contain all dimensions in it, and by being above it you're logically above the concept of dimensions as well.

And even aside from that, I still fail to see how not having dimensional limitations, not being bound by it and having the usual scale not making any sense (as seen from conflicting properties above), isn't enough to show it's transcendent of the concept of dimensions. It created and contains all spaces and times, which means that be it 1-D or 99-D it's irrelevant since it's contained in it. And then we have Essence being a part of Dao. Dao is the origin and source of all things in existence in ISSTH, and I fail to see what part about "Everything" isn't understandable here. Dao can be a phenomenon, a law, a concept, an essence or whatever you want it can be anything as there is no limit. And also how I see that people except fancy words like "spatial dimensions", "above M-string", etc in a novel with an Ancient Daoism China setting, and how they refuse to use Daoism cosmology (while it was shown that it works the Daoism way, not whatever way they're used to here).

If only there was a Xianxia mod here, but I digress.

And if the 1-A definition has a problem, then please change it before downgrading.]

Oh well, at worse we'll wait till the other 3 novels finish translating to bring this up, and hopefully a Xianxia mod do pop up in the future so we'd have a true tiering using the apt standards. Then I'd be satisfied even if ISSTH somehow ends up Tier 10.

Huh.

Eve after not using the fitting cosmology, Matt, who began all this, said that issth is 1-C. And even after ignoring all other quotes/proofs, there's stuff about 1-B (from dimentional spaces I think). And even after ignoring the fact that all dimensions are withing essence, at least the stuff above is within Essence. And 4th step is above Essence. (and then you have the 5th step which is even higher, but anyway)

I just checked the Tiering System, and apparently High 2-A is still capped at 5-D. No 6-D or above there, at least for now.

So...huh.

@Nepuko Lets not go in circles about the dimensional spaces thing. They're not spatiotemporal dimensions.

The highest you can argue is High 2-A.

Vast Expanse = 2-A. It has infinite universes in it.

The higher level of reality where the Vast Expanse is just a seed inside, that's where the possible High 2-A comes into play. Nothing tier 1 about this.

Also pay closer attention to what's going on in the thread, Matt later said Low 1-C was pushing it.

See Sandman31's comment:

"I've checked the chapter where the countless dimensional spaces were mentioned and they're definitely not referring to universes. Its weird though. Apparently these countless dimensions of space are like threads and the pattern thay form is space.

I mean it could be 1-B if these individual threads are equal to 1 dimension but it seems that this is not the case as you need limitless threads that contains length, height, breadth, and size to form space."

In conclusion, even if they're not universes, they're also not spatiotemporal dimensions with each being infinitely bigger than the ones below it. So yeah, best not to use the dimensional spaces thing since it's too vague.

when it says "dimensional spaces/ dimensions of space" three times in rapid sucsession and everyone is like:

I dont get it, does that mean spatio-temporal dimensions? It seems a bit vague...

No, it very clearly are spatial dimensions. Just because the author gives them weird properties in terms of how Heng Hao sees them, it wont make them less of spatial dimensions. Wether people here like authoreal intent or not, it is as clear as day, what that quote means. What should he have done to make it more clear? Make him say it another three or even six times?

The quote about the threads could also be seen like:

All spatial dimensions together are the entirety of space.

Each dimension is reprisented as a thread.

Edit: Nvm,...he said it 4 times, not 3 lol

""Space... is nothing more than countless threads, formed together into a patter. The patterns formed by those threads... are space!" Meng Hao shook his head, then waved his hand, causing a circle to appear beneath his feet.

[...]

"Space! He actually gained enlightenment of the Essence of space!"

Meng Hao's expression was calm as he looked at the circle formed by the thread, within which he stood. Then he smiled. "As for these threads... doesn't the Essence I have gained enlightenment of consist of more than just the threads themselves?

"Within these threads are length, height, breadth, and size. They are limitless, and that is space.... They are flat, but actually...." He waved his right hand, causing a thread to stretch out from the circle, and then pass over him. In the blink of an eye, the circle of threads was no longer flat, but had transformed into... a sphere!

"With an additional thread, it is no longer a circle, but a sphere, like a world.... It's too bad my enlightenment is insufficient, and I can't sustain it for very long." Even as Meng Hao murmured to himself, the sphere collapsed, and he sighed lightly."
Chapter 1346

RatherClueless said:
@Nepuko Correct me if I am wrong, but the essence contains all of them and Menga Hao (>>)> Essence, right?
Ah sorry was doing something so I missed what's going on here. Yep, Essence contains all that (while being outside of it at the same time), and from what was quoted Daosource surpasses Essence. At least we can infer that (tho it's outright said that Daosource > Essence, really). "And he also saw something that he was sure exceeded Essence" (1431)

he uses threads to create higher dimensional objects.

"With an additional thread, it is no longer a circle, but a sphere"

The amount of dimensions they have, depend on the number of threads he uses.

"They are flat, but actually..."

He has a countless/limitless amount of them.

Thats at least how I understand that quote.

InfiniteSped said:
Actually, I'm not too sure now . . .
Was about to say the same thing you did, but then I went to check and saw this....

" Meng Hao saw countless dimensions of space, all of them different sizes. Some were blurry, others were clear. They transformed into countless threads "

So, umm....

InfiniteSped said:
Actually, I'm not too sure now . . .
Also this :

"Originally, Meng Hao had assumed that the threads were natural laws of Heaven and Earth. But now that he could see them clearly, he understood that they... were definitely not natural or magical laws!

They were dimensional spaces!"

Huh. I think @RatherClueless is right here.....dunno how I missed that. I thought the threads formed the dimensional spaces...

The guy who has only read through the manga is saveing the day UwU

So yeah, that quote makes sence now. Limitless dimensions within Essence (1-B), Meng Hao surpasses that. Where does that leave us?

hmmmmm, I wonder....

no it doesnt. now u r just in denail. It says countless/limitless spatial dimensions many times. Any object/dimension is made up of those threads.

The dimension of the thread is dependant on the amount used. When it was a circle, the threads were flat after all.

He can shape an object of higher dimension, with each new thread he uses. Not that hard to understand tbh.

It also doesnt say universe, but space. thats kind of a difference.

Edit: Also, since the threads are infinite in lenght, why would he need an infinite amount to create a shape (the universe), he previously only needed to threads for?

It stated that it was only a portion of what space is and he was contemplating beyond it. That happened when he was not even in Dao Realm (he was on Ancient Realm - two realms under Daosource).

What do you think of the following quotes Matt?

As his foot descended, the entire world seemed to superimpose upon itself. Then it split apart, as if he had walked into a different dimension, as if he were no longer within the Mountain and Sea Realm. "

[...]

"The entire starry sky shook, and the Outsider who had transformed into a sea of flames seethed as he once again bore down on Meng Hao. However, instead of slamming into Meng Hao, he passed right through him.

It was as if Meng Hao was now hovering, not in the Mountain and Sea Realm, but in some other dimensional space. The only thing which remained behind was a shadow, an image which everyone could see but not touch!"

Bai as he was contemplating the Essence and he compares all with a leaf.

Edit. Add the first quote as it was said before the second one.

Now, saying Matt is "just in denial" is a tad uncalled for, there is no need to start acting all condescending and throwing jabs at people, I want this to be a civil discussion. This applies to both sides here.

Stuff in the 1-B range is now seeming a lot more believable with the additional context involving the "Dimensional Spaces" which the novel describes, especially since Length, Height and Breath are all said to be a portion of what Space represents, and just one of its countless descriptions.

I do agree that these two last scans are just referring to different universes, though.

I think 1-B is REALLY reaching and needs a lot more evidence. Specially since dimensional spaces are used to refer to universes as well.

Hm? Where? Maybe you mixed it with simply "dimensions"? Afaik dimensional spaces were not used to refer to universes.

Classic final exams making me take a while

Issue with Dao stuff if we don't equate: Being said to be the source of all things, acting as a way and path, and being Yin and Yang on its own just isn't 1-A. It would be within the broader Taoist system, but ISSTH would need to copy over those parts.

It does seem sorta weird that we would take dimensions and such but not allow the eastern forms of whatever constitutes reality without directly copying the preexisting concept but I guess t is what it is.

@Ultima

1. The wiki seems to have its standarts quite high, when it comes to "being civil", doesnt it.

2. That was, like Zara said, "way" below reaching Essence. So yeah, these are only universes, however, the author seems to make a clear difference between dimension and spatial dimension.

I have to say this does seem like better evidence for 1-B.

"The entire starry sky shook, and the Outsider who had transformed into a sea of flames seethed as he once again bore down on Meng Hao. However, instead of slamming into Meng Hao, he passed right through him.

It was as if Meng Hao was now hovering, not in the Mountain and Sea Realm, but in some other dimensional space. The only thing which remained behind was a shadow, an image which everyone could see but not touch!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back