• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Meng Hao (Spirit Realm) Update - The Chunky One

Zaratthustra

VS Battles
Content Moderator
Image Helper
This thread will be about updating with powers, references, scans, equipment, etc for Meng Hao (Spirit Realm). Well, more than an update is a new profile entire since I made it from scratch. This update is so big that it will take the profile from its current 22k bytes to a bit over 250k bytes (when the categories will be added).

The chinaman that started it, shall finally get the update that he needed.

This is such a big update that unfortunately I can't post here exactly what abilities were added, changed, fixed, etc as I would have to post like near 200k bytes of context so just look at his sandbox - New and Improved Meng Hao

Note: All the high-end powers like Conceptual Manipulation Type 1 are further detailed in the Cultivation_(Er_Gen) and Nature of Essence which already have been accepted in the past thus I didn't need to go over them again in the profile as they are linked already.

Can see Mt. Tai (Agree):

Seeking Death (Disagree):

Ps 1. The above two lines are expressions very well-known in Chinese novels... Chinese novel readers know them, so don't assume anything negative, it's just a joke between readers.

Ps 2. Yeah, I added 15 quotes for him. Why? Cause I can...but truthfully cause I feel you can learn about a character and maybe understand them through their quotes which I think is one of the best things.

Of course the mandatory ping: @Planck69 @Damage3245 @ZackMoon1234 @Nepuko @Ricsi-viragosi @deonment @XDragnoir @Rikimarox2 @Setsuna_tenma

Holy shit this is big, I'm gonna just cover half of this in my first post because I would like to get this out tonight and cover everything else tomorrow.
This is something that applies to every key of Meng Hao's, but I don't like listing it like this, I would prefer removing either Base or Realm from the embed so that it flows better, but this is more a matter of personal taste than anything else
Supernatural Luck (As a 10th level Qi Condensation Realm cultivator, he can steal Luck[13] from Heaven and Earth[14])
Would also be some degree of absorption
Fate Manipulation (From time immemorial, he's the first cultivator to change[14] his destiny)
I disagree with this because destiny here seems to be referring to changing one's innate talent rather than Meng Hao changing his destiny entirely
Type 8 - he can't be erased from existence by the Karmic Extermination[37] as he has been memorized by Shui Dongliu who is a Peak 9-Essence Dao Realm cultivator and anything that exist in his memory can't be exterminated.
Reads more like resistance to existence erasure than immortality
Memory Manipulation (Divine Sense can be used to brand information[65] in one's mind)
Info type 1 too
With Delight Pill, can have his foe fall victim to sexual hallucinations.
Empathic Manipulation also
Body Puppetry and Corruption (Type 1 - With Blood Seal can use his blood to brand other beings and control them while also changing them. His Spiritual Pressure is so powerful that it created a relationship between Heaven and Earth that it will make all those that feel it to prostate[88] as their bodies will move on their own)
First off why is corruption a part of this and not with its own justification as it implies that his perfect foundation also has effects of corruption, secondly a bit of fixing on the justification.
His Spiritual Pressure is so powerful that it creates a relationship akin to that of Heaven and Earth's, making all those that feel it prostate[88] as their bodies move on their own
This reads better imo
Curse Manipulation (Thanks to his Demon Sealer blood, he couldn't be cursed[45] to die with his bloodline for three generations)
Reads less like resistance to curse manip and more like he fulfilled the condition to not be cursed in the first place
Limited Law Manipulation (With the Righteous Bestowal, and his right as a Demon Sealer, Meng Hao can give approval[184] to other beings to temporarily absorb some of the Essence of the Ninth Mountain and Sea)
Okay so I may be missing something or entirely misremembering something but how is this law manip
Mass Redundancy
This is an issue that applies to the entire profile and I would just like to point it out because it makes the entire profile far harder to parse than it should be. You do not need to relist a power each time Meng Hao gets a new source of it in a key after he originally gets it, you only would need to relist it if either it is a new use of the power, or if it is a greater version of the power
For example, if a character in their first key has vibration manip for being able to generate vibrations, then you don't need to list vibration manip in every new key if they get a new way to generate vibrations, but if for example, they get the ability to now control vibrations then you would list it again because it would be a different use than shown before, and later on if they get the ability to control the vibrations of matter, then you can list it again because it is notably greater usage of the power.
The newly revised Li Qiye would be a good example of this concept imo, it doesn't repeat the same powers unnecessarily, instead only doing so when there is something notable about the new instance, whether that be potency or a new usage, and this allows it to be far more legible in comparison to this, which ironically, reads more like a novel than an actual profile.

Would also be some degree of absorption
Sure.
I disagree with this because destiny here seems to be referring to changing one's innate talent rather than Meng Hao changing his destiny entirely

I've asked around and people told me it fits for Fate Manipulation since their destiny is interlocked with what they get at birth and even before. He's the first to ever change something that the Heavens set in stone.

Reads more like resistance to existence erasure than immortality
He doesn't resist himself but he's not affected thanks to Shui Dongliu thus as long as the said guy exists these won't affect him. But I can change it to resistance.

Info type 1 too
Sure.

Empathic Manipulation also

Sure

First off why is corruption a part of this and not with its own justification as it implies that his perfect foundation also has effects of corruption, secondly a bit of fixing on the justification.
Thought it will work better and not post twice the scans if I combined them but I can split.

Reads less like resistance to curse manip and more like he fulfilled the condition to not be cursed in the first place
True in a way since if you're not a demon sealer then you will be cursed but at the same time, being a demon sealer doesn't change his blood, but allows him to control the demonic qi (which I guess combined with his blood). In this case, he still resisted to curse on the basis of his blood having such properties, if it didn't he would have been affected.

Okay so I may be missing something or entirely misremembering something but how is this law manip
Well, this one was a power that I've asked around and people said limited law manipulation works the best since thanks to his status as a Demon Sealer and with the use of Righteous Bestowal, he can allow others to absorb the Essence of the Ninth Mountain and Sea, something that no one can without his approval no matter what realm of cultivation they have - even beings who can manipulate reality, laws and concepts can't overcome this without his approval. When I asked first if Power Bestowal could fit It was rejected as he doesn't give them powers but an "approval" which going by the in-verse stuff its fits better.

This is an issue that applies to the entire profile and I would just like to point it out because it makes the entire profile far harder to parse than it should be. You do not need to relist a power each time Meng Hao gets a new source of it in a key after he originally gets it, you only would need to relist it if either it is a new use of the power, or if it is a greater version of the power
For example, if a character in their first key has vibration manip for being able to generate vibrations, then you don't need to list vibration manip in every new key if they get a new way to generate vibrations, but if for example, they get the ability to now control vibrations then you would list it again because it would be a different use than shown before, and later on if they get the ability to control the vibrations of matter, then you can list it again because it is notably greater usage of the power.
The newly revised Li Qiye would be a good example of this concept imo, it doesn't repeat the same powers unnecessarily, instead only doing so when there is something notable about the new instance, whether that be potency or a new usage, and this allows it to be far more legible in comparison to this, which ironically, reads more like a novel than an actual profile.

I only relisted the powers each time when he got something new, a new use of it, a new potency, a higher range, etc. Like. In the X key he can use 10 flying swords to explode but in the next, he can use 1000 flying swords to explode. In the X key his range for the Violet Guillotine is 30 meters but in the next, it's 300 meters. In the X key he can use 4 Time Wood Sword but in the next, he can use 10 Time Wood Sword which denotes an increase of power, mastery, and its potency multiplied. While it may look similar, each instance has something new added to it, no matter how big or small it is - especially when in ISSTH range denotes not only how far an attack can reach but also its potency (just a 1-meter difference in range of an ability could mean the jump from someone being able to fight with just Core Realm Cultivators to fighting with Nascent Soul Realm cultivators).

This is something that applies to every key of Meng Hao's, but I don't like listing it like this, I would prefer removing either Base or Realm from the embed so that it flows better, but this is more a matter of personal taste than anything else
Although it might not align with your personal preferences, it is the most accurate representation of the verse as it follows: the initial two words constitute the realm's name, "Spirit Severing", while the subsequent two words "Cultivation Base", signify the cultivator's level of 'cultivation.' - which is once again separate as there exist multiple aspects which can be lower or higher (Cultivation Base at the Spirit Severing Realm, Fleshly body at the Spirit Severing Realm, Soul at the Spirit Severing Realm) - these 3 aspects all exist for cultivators. Among these, the Cultivation Base carries particular significance, as it signifies the transition from one realm to another X to Y, then few reach the Fleshly Body of the same realm as their Cultivation Base while the Soul aspect is more or less interlocked with the Cultivation Base, evolving as the cultivator's realm progresses. Finally, the term "Realm" must also be present as that's their "level" to say when they reach X Realm of Cultivation.

Spirit Severing Cultivation Base - implies that a cultivator possesses this aspect at a certain "X level";

Spirit Severing Cultivation Base Realm -suggests that the cultivator's "aspect" has ascended to the aforementioned realm."

I only relisted the powers each time when he got something new, a new use of it, a new potency, a higher range, etc. Like. In the X key he can use 10 flying swords to explode but in the next, he can use 1000 flying swords to explode. In the X key his range for the Violet Guillotine is 30 meters but in the next, it's 300 meters. In the X key he can use 4 Time Wood Sword but in the next, he can use 10 Time Wood Sword which denotes an increase of power, mastery, and its potency multiplied. While it may look similar, each instance has something new added to it, no matter how big or small it is - especially when in ISSTH range denotes not only how far an attack can reach but also its potency (just a 1-meter difference in range of an ability could mean the jump from someone being able to fight with just Core Realm Cultivators to fighting with Nascent Soul Realm cultivators).
Sure but that isn't what I meant by being more notably potent, it must be a qualitative change rather than a quantitative one, even if said quantitative increase causes a qualitative one, otherwise it just becomes incredibly hard to read when most of the information could just be explained in the like NA&T or what have you rather than bloating the P&A to the point you can't really parse it.
Although it might not align with your personal preferences, it is the most accurate representation of the verse as it follows: the initial two words constitute the realm's name, "Spirit Severing", while the subsequent two words "Cultivation Base", signify the cultivator's level of 'cultivation.' - which is once again separate as there exist multiple aspects which can be lower or higher (Cultivation Base at the Spirit Severing Realm, Fleshly body at the Spirit Severing Realm, Soul at the Spirit Severing Realm) - these 3 aspects all exist for cultivators. Among these, the Cultivation Base carries particular significance, as it signifies the transition from one realm to another X to Y, then few reach the Fleshly Body of the same realm as their Cultivation Base while the Soul aspect is more or less interlocked with the Cultivation Base, evolving as the cultivator's realm progresses. Finally, the term "Realm" must also be present as that's their "level" to say when they reach X Realm of Cultivation.

Spirit Severing Cultivation Base - implies that a cultivator possesses this aspect at a certain "X level";

Spirit Severing Cultivation Base Realm -suggests that the cultivator's "aspect" has ascended to the aforementioned realm."
I am aware of what you mean by that but it still doesn't make it easier to understand with or without it. It would just be better to do something like "Qi Condensation Cultivation" like how Bai Xiaochun's page does so, and it isn't as though the keys are based upon his fleshly body cultivation anyways (which to knowledge lags behind his cultivation base anyways), so why make the distinction in the P&A when the part that would be influenced the most are the stats.

Having a new way to use the same ability should be notable enough. For example if someone has fire manipulation via charging up a fire beam and in a later key they gain the power to unleash fire without a chargeup time, it should be noted in the key since that's notable enough

In the case of Meng Hao, some repeat abilities in later keys like blood rain and sundered clouds are definitely noteworthy enough to be added to his Weather Manipulation. Maybe what could be done is adding "additional weather, vibration, fire manipulation" and the scans will be added to the Notable Attacks section at the bottom of the profile

Users don't bother to go that far "down" on profiles to read most of the time. Thats why I explained the abilities in P&A section in a shorter way while more detailed in the Technique section - those that were named.

I don't see a problem with more explaination. His abilities aren't static but evolve as his realm of cultivation does so pointing the changes is a need to fully get his progres across the story and fighting style. I won't change it.

Meng Hao is known for his cunning, resourcefulness, and determination.
I'd add "greed" to this, and probably to his weakness too, as he often puts himself into very dangerous situations just to get more spirit stones or powerful items.

The South Heaven calc has that mistranslation of the "millions of miles", so doesn't quite work.

The rest seems good on a skim, although it's just too much stuff to read through without sitting down for a couple of hours.

I'd add "greed" to this, and probably to his weakness too, as he often puts himself into very dangerous situations just to get more spirit stones or powerful items.

The South Heaven calc has that mistranslation of the "millions of miles", so doesn't quite work.

The rest seems good on a skim, although it's just too much stuff to read through without sitting down for a couple of hours.
Planet East victory is larger than South Heaven.

I will add his greed for spirit stones and treasures of any kind.... flashback to him "stealing" house tiles and dirt since it was infused with Demonic Qi. I wouldn't consider it a weakness since while greedy he know how to approach it even if its something that exceed his realm.

Also yeah I realized upon looking through more of the page, that the stuff that comes from a general cultivation realm (ie the stuff based on being at a certain level of qi cultivation, or the golden core AE1 and unconventional resistances) would or should be on the cultivation page no? There is also stuff that I noticed in a key, such as flight in foundation establishment, which is redundant given the exact same thing is listed on the cultivation page for that realm.
Users don't bother to go that far "down" on profiles to read most of the time. Thats why I explained the abilities in P&A section in a shorter way while more detailed in the Technique section - those that were named.

I don't see a problem with more explaination. His abilities aren't static but evolve as his realm of cultivation does so pointing the changes is a need to fully get his progres across the story and fighting style. I won't change it.
Alright then

By using the Fishing Road, he can rip out[214] the Nascent Soul.
This would also be memory and life manip since the nascent soul is formed from the gold core if memory serves me right, also tbh should be mind manip since the nascent soul also acts as the mind of the cultivator, but that would likely be a more wide-reaching change since to memory ergen strongly connects the mind and the soul
By using the Blood Mastiff's power[189], Meng Hao can resist against the power of a Spirit Severing Realm cultivator's Domain. After getting stronger, just his Second Anima is enough to break through[238] the Area[236]of Spirit Severing Realm cultivator
This is also type 1 concept manip
Meng Hao can resist against the power of a Spirit Severing Realm cultivator's Domain.
This is also resistance to type 1 concept manip
Invulnerability (Spirit Severing Realm cultivators have an Area[236] around their body that cover 250 meters around but Meng Hao's one cover 3000 meters[255] which makes them incapable of being harmed without breaking it)
This doesn't seem like he is literally invulnerable since we have seen soul formation/transformation level cultivators harmed without their domains having been broken
Law Manipulation, Power Modification, Reality Warping (The Divine Sense of a Spirit Severing Realm cultivator contains[197] natural laws and a Domain. A Spirit Severing Realm cultivator's Domain[112] can influence divine abilities, can change the laws of nature, and can accomplish whatever the heart desired.

Also, I will ask that you either run the page through a grammar checker or get someone to check it for you because while going through it I noticed a large number of errors when going through it

Also yeah I realized upon looking through more of the page, that the stuff that comes from a general cultivation realm (ie the stuff based on being at a certain level of qi cultivation, or the golden core AE1 and unconventional resistances) would or should be on the cultivation page no? There is also stuff that I noticed in a key, such as flight in foundation establishment, which is redundant given the exact same thing is listed on the cultivation page for that realm.

Alright then

This would also be memory and life manip since the nascent soul is formed from the gold core if memory serves me right, also tbh should be mind manip since the nascent soul also acts as the mind of the cultivator, but that would likely be a more wide-reaching change since to memory ergen strongly connects the mind and the soul

This is also resistance to type 1 concept manip

This doesn't seem like he is literally invulnerable since we have seen soul formation/transformation level cultivators harmed without their domains having been broken

Also, I will ask that you either run the page through a grammar checker or get someone to check it for you because while going through it I noticed a large number of errors when going through it
The Cultivation Page will be updated with the additional things I found in this re-read of ISSTH while Plack works on RI. Once we're done with these two novels, we'll work on the update for the said page.

I went for the addition of his own feats beyond what' was shared between the Cultivation Base as It would solidify his own powers.

Yeah, the Nascent is formed from the Golden Core, it didn't explain a lot beyond that it got a qualitative jump and then in the Spirit Severing a Nascent Divinity.

We have seen them being affected but it is always by someone of the same realm or higher which means they would also have such powers...excluding, of course, oddities like the MCs but even then in Meng Hao case he had to use the Blood Mastiff (which is a first severing realm being) first when his foundation was weaker and then he uses the power of his strong foundation (anima) which reached the level of a Spirit Severing being gaining the ability to resist and attack them.

The Cultivation Page will be updated with the additional things I found in this re-read of ISSTH while Plack works on RI. Once we're done with these two novels, we'll work on the update for the said page.
Alright then
I went for the addition of his own feats beyond what' was shared between the Cultivation Base as It would solidify his own powers.
Fair enough
Yeah, the Nascent is formed from the Golden Core, it didn't explain a lot beyond that it got a qualitative jump and then in the Spirit Severing a Nascent Divinity.
Yes, was just mentioning it as due to that manipulating the nascent soul should also be life and memory manip, also mind manip given cultivators have just thought and acted with only their soul before.
We have seen them being affected but it is always by someone of the same realm or higher which means they would also have such powers...excluding, of course, oddities like the MCs but even then in Meng Hao case he had to use the Blood Mastiff (which is a first severing realm being) first when his foundation was weaker and then he uses the power of his strong foundation (anima) which reached the level of a Spirit Severing being gaining the ability to resist and attack them.
Yes, but from what it reads like to me and my memory of RI that them being unable to be hard isn't the case, and instead is more like they are invincible within their domain

I will add the changes later today for the Abilities.

While it wasn't shown that much in RI, mostly the fights were on the same realm of cultivation. And yeah, the Domain need to be activated which is different from Area. One is something that they share - Area, while the Domain is different as it has unique abilities that come from their comprehension.

I agree with all of the Profile besides the Core Formation to Dao Seeking's Abilities as I'll check them later but agree with the Resistances for all the Keys and Qi Cultivation/Foundation Establishment's Abilities

Powers and Abilities - Qi Cultivation

His voice can sound over an entire mountain > His voice can reverberate over an entire mountain

limited Sleep Manipulation > Limited Sleep Manipulation

spiritual energy within a target body > spiritual energy within a target's body

can create 6 beats to attack his foe > can create 6 beasts to attack his foe

Powers and Abilities - Foundation Establishment

which normally they should be able > which normally they should be able to

Cultivators by adding Spiritual Sense into their other attacks they can hit directly the Cultivation Base or the soul > By adding Spiritual Sense into their other attacks, Cultivators can directly hit the Cultivation Base or the soul

His "snort" can echo like a the clap of thunder > His "snort" can echo like a clap of thunder

whose roar's shockwave that will affect the internal organs > whose roar's shockwave will affect the internal organs

Has 1 misspelling issue in Attack Potency - six Perfected Dao Pills > six Perfected Dao Pillars
Has 1 misspelling issue in Intelligence - He is somehow who will > He is someone who will

Has 1 bolding issue in Lifting Strength - At least Class E, likely higher
Has 4 bolding issues in Striking Strength - Solar System level. At least Solar System level, likely higher with the Immortal Puppet | At least Multi-Solar system level

Added the specified things for the powers and formatting, and fixed the pointed grammatical errors, while also tried to fix some others that I found.

I assume there is nothing left beyond fixation of other grammatical errors (some rephrasing too)? If not, then I will update the profile after fixing the rest of said errors.

I agree with the changes on the Profile

Powers and Abilities - Core Formation

making possible to reform even after being exploded by a Spirit Severing Realm cultivator > making it possible to reform even after being exploded by a Spirit Severing Realm cultivator
In Meng Hao's case his become the ancient Starry Sky of Chounmen Tai's Cosmos > In Meng Hao's case, his became the ancient Starry Sky of Chounmen Tai's Cosmos
even if they don't see from where its coming and what from who > even if they don't see from where it's coming and from who
With the Celestial Eye technique impart to him by Lord Fifth > With the Celestial Eye technique imparted to him by Lord Fifth
even the threads of an ability that let the user control others like puppets > even the threads of an ability that lets the user control others like puppets
He acquired [Water-type totem] by using the Violet Rain of Apocalypse > He acquired [[Water-type totem]] by using the Violet Rain of Apocalypse[138] which

Back