• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Dplio

You literally said:

µùáµò░þÜäþ®║Úù┤ have nothing to do with countless spacial dimensions ,µùáµò░þÜäþ®║Úù┤ is just mean many spacesÒÇé

I didnt missunderstood, u just phrased it badly if anything. Also, spaces can still mean dimensions depending on the context.

RatherClueless said:
@Dplio
You literally said:

µùáµò░þÜäþ®║Úù┤ have nothing to do with countless spacial dimensions ,µùáµò░þÜäþ®║Úù┤ is just mean many spacesÒÇé

I didnt missunderstood, u just phrased it badly if anything. Also, spaces can still mean dimensions depending on the context.
Heck, the chinese character can mean entirely different stuff depending on context. As I said, the same characters for frigging Ancient Evil Temple can be in another context Archaean.

Anyway, there above you have a completely different translator (as Deathblade is busy), who's also a chinese native speaker and a professional translator, who also didn't read the novel, and look at what he said. Before I even gave him the context, he said it could be many things depending on context : spaces, dimensions, realms, etc. And how to have said context, you may need the entire chapter or even the entire novel. Basically what I've been repeating since the beginning. Thank god.

the translator say dimensional spaces is fine not spacial dimension´╝îthey like polish ´╝îthat is fine

and´╝îcontext ´╝ƒso what context can prove the 1b rating´╝ƒyou just ask people to see context ´╝îbut exactly where´╝îwhich´╝ƒif you really have this context ´╝îyou have put there already

let me check this contex which can prove the 1b ratingÒÇé

and please just talk the translator this

Þ┐Öõ║øõ║║Þ«ñõ©║µùáµò░þÜäþ®║Úù┤þ¡ëõ║ĵùáµò░þÜäþ╗┤Õ║ª´╝îõ¢áþ£ƒþÜäÞ┐Öõ╣êÞ«ñõ©║ÕÉù´╝ƒõ╗ûõ╗¼Þ«ñõ©║þÜäþ╗┤Õ║ªµÿ»þ╗┤Õ║ªþÜäõ©¬µò░´╝îµ»öÕªéõ©ëþ╗┤Õ║ª´╝îÕìüþ╗┤Õ║ª´╝îõ©ÇþÖ¥þ╗┤Õ║ª´╝îµêæµâ│õ¢áõ©ìõ╝ÜÞ«ñõ©║µùáµò░þÜäþ®║Úù┤þ¡ëõ║Äþ®║Úù┤µ£¼Þ║½µ£ëµùáµò░þ╗┤Õ║ªÕɺÒÇé

Why don't you all just drop the talk of the chapter not mentioning a pseudo-science jargon such as "dimensional" and move on to something else?

If you have so much trouble with it then why don't yall just look at the context?

This is getting tedious.

""Space... is nothing more than countless threads, formed together into a pattern. The patterns formed by those threads... are space!" Meng Hao shook his head, then waved his hand, causing a circle to appear beneath his feet.

[...]

"Space! He actually gained enlightenment of the Essence of space!"

Meng Hao's expression was calm as he looked at the circle formed by the thread, within which he stood. Then he smiled. "As for these threads... doesn't the Essence I have gained enlightenment of consist of more than just the threads themselves?

"Within these threads are length, height, breadth, and size. They are limitless, and that is space.... They are flat, but actually...." He waved his right hand, causing a thread to stretch out from the circle, and then pass over him. In the blink of an eye, the circle of threads was no longer flat, but had transformed into... a sphere!

"With an additional thread, it is no longer a circle, but a sphere, like a world.... It's too bad my enlightenment is insufficient, and I can't sustain it for very long." Even as Meng Hao murmured to himself, the sphere collapsed, and he sighed lightly." Chapter 1346

This, to start with.

Ravenous4th said:
Why don't you all just drop the talk of the chapter not mentioning a pseudo-science jargon such as "dimensional" and move on to something else?

If you have so much trouble with it then why don't yall just look at the context?

This is getting tedious.
I'd love to drop this, but some other people here wont. The context is very clear too, but is being ignored.

I have read what @Dplios meant by this :" Þ┐Öõ║øõ║║Þ«ñõ©║µùáµò░þÜäþ®║Úù┤þ¡ëõ║ĵùáµò░þÜäþ╗┤Õ║ª´╝îõ¢áþ£ƒþÜäÞ┐Öõ╣êÞ«ñõ©║ÕÉù´╝ƒõ╗ûõ╗¼Þ«ñõ©║þÜäþ╗┤Õ║ªµÿ»þ╗┤Õ║ªþÜäõ©¬µò░´╝îµ»öÕªéõ©ëþ╗┤Õ║ª´╝îÕìüþ╗┤Õ║ª´╝îõ©ÇþÖ¥þ╗┤Õ║ª´╝îµêæµâ│õ¢áõ©ìõ╝ÜÞ«ñõ©║µùáµò░þÜäþ®║Úù┤þ¡ëõ║Äþ®║Úù┤µ£¼Þ║½µ£ëµùáµò░þ╗┤Õ║ªÕɺ ", and I'm beginning to wonder if he actually read what we post here :/ And I said it again, DB is busy, and by asking another native translator he told me dimensional space is fine, as the context made it so.

Sigh. Let's just ignore this, really. It's really getting tedious, previous feats and context also made it clear, and here's just 2 of them :

[As his foot descended, the entire world seemed to superimpose upon itself. Then it split apart, as if he had walked into a different dimension, as if he were no longer within the Mountain and Sea Realm. "

[...]

"The entire starry sky shook, and the Outsider who had transformed into a sea of flames seethed as he once again bore down on Meng Hao. However, instead of slamming into Meng Hao, he passed right through him.

It was as if Meng Hao was now hovering, not in the Mountain and Sea Realm, but in some other dimensional space. The only thing which remained behind was a shadow, an image which everyone could see but not touch!"]

Sigh. I think I'll just ignore this now, really. Hopefully.

Can I ask what is being argued?

Because there being or not being a "Dimensional" before "space", if I might, means jackshit.

It is made clear to be spatial plain out later on, so that argument just doesn't matter.

Anyhow, for an actual tier. I think it's at least 1-B. Maybe even 1-A. I'll also elaborate before anyone types something along the lines of "that's just your opinion, man"

TL;DR: Lenght, Width and Height are part of what is called "space" in this chapter. A single thread made a flat circle into a 3D sphere that was a world of it's own. There are "countless" threads. I.E. Tier 1.

• Meng Hao saw countless dimensions of space, all of them different sizes. Some were blurry, others were clear. They transformed into countless threads, threads that Meng Hao was very familiar with; every time he unleashed the Eighth Hex, these threads would appear, bind whoever was the target of the magic, and seal their cultivation base as well as their Nascent Divinity.
This alone doesn't mean anything tierwise. Emphasis on "this alone".

• "Length... is space.... "Height... is space.... "Breadth... is also space.... "Size, can also be an expression of space...."
Now this, this is what proves that the space referce to spatial dimensions. Lenght, height and width are what our spatial dimension is made out of. And size is an expression of it.

However, the most important part here is that spatial dimensions are equated to the word "space".

• Among the countless dimensional spaces, he saw that they could be described in terms of length, height, breadth, and overall size. And yet all of that seemed to be only a portion of what space was.
The last sentance clears up all the previous problems with the threads only making the three spatial dimension, and nothing above. Width, Lenght and Height are part of the "space" described here, but not all of it.

• "Space... is nothing more than countless threads, formed together into a pattern. The patterns formed by those threads... are space!"
So, there are countless threads that make up all of space. This would mean at least High 2-A, as there is more than the three spatial dimensions (plus temporal axis) in the space that is referenced here.

• "Within these threads are length, height, breadth, and size. They are limitless, and that is space.... They are flat, but actually...." He waved his right hand, causing a thread to stretch out from the circle, and then pass over him. In the blink of an eye, the circle of threads was no longer flat, but had transformed into... a sphere!
"With an additional thread, it is no longer a circle, but a sphere, like a world....

This is the part that proves 1-B. A single extra thread made a flat circle into a three Dimensional sphere. In-fact, the sphere is a "world" (something that the author, at least in AWE, refers to a place that is a place of it's own and not a part of the universe, and often has it's own, personal laws of reality).

And some might think that he only says it's just like a world, and isn' t the actual thing. But that's later confirmed to be an actual world:

• If that canvas was folded, the subsequent cracks that were created were dimensional rifts. Furthermore, if the canvas could be formed into a sphere, then that space would be... a world.

This thread (as of my post) has 452 comments when the cut off is 500. I would recommend that a new thread be created and linked before this one is closed.

@Nepuko

Again thats not my point

I know Chinese is complex, and i also respect and trust the translation and the translator

But when it comes to confirm feats native are more reliable because just like you post above for the translator confirm the feats are just waste their time

RatherClueless said:
@risci change that 2-B at the beginning into 1-B lol
Already done.

Anyhow, anything I said is affected by this translation problem going on? If not, please drop it, it's arguing over nothing.

GLHF22 said:
@Nepuko
Again thats not my point

I know Chinese is complex, and i also respect and trust the translation and the translator

But when it comes to confirm feats native are more reliable because just like you post above for the translator confirm the feats are just waste their time
Bro, what part of my : "the translators are also natives, and are even better than "simple" natives since they study closesly this stuff" isn't understandable?

If you want to ask an english native a question, and you have a choice between a random english native and an English native who's also and English teacher and a teacher of your native language?

Ricsi-viragosi said:
RatherClueless said:
@risci change that 2-B at the beginning into 1-B lol
Already done.

Anyhow, anything I said is affected by this translation problem going on? If not, please drop it, it's arguing over nothing.
You asked what the argument's about? Well, right now, somehow, the argument is about the, lmao, legitimacy of the official translation. They want to discard the translation of the dude who has the most context about Er Gen-verse, and instead let a random native speaker without context decide what it is. And I put screenshots and all of my convos with other translators about that, you might check.

And let's not post a lot, or this thread would be closed since it's getting to the limit of 500 posts.

RatherClueless said:
@Dplio
You literally said:

i dont care if space in English can mean spacial dimension or notÒÇé

in chinese ´╝îµùáµò░þ®║Úù┤and µùáµò░þ╗┤Õ║ª´╝êþ®║Úù┤þ╗┤Õ║ªµò░þÜäþ╗┤Õ║ª) is completely differentÒÇé

and i am tried tooÒÇéif you dont believe my point´╝îbelieve the guy you askedÒÇé

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/3149569#4

Dplio90 said:
RatherClueless said:
@Dplio
You literally said:

in chinese ´╝îµùáµò░þ®║Úù┤and µùáµò░þ╗┤Õ║ª´╝êþ®║Úù┤þ╗┤Õ║ªµò░þÜäþ╗┤Õ║ª) is completely differentÒÇé

and i am tried tooÒÇéif you dont believe my point´╝îbelieve the guy you askedÒÇé

We have no reason to beleive that random guy (who's probably you but I may be wrong), when we already have a second professional view on the matter. Did you see my screenshots, or not?

As I told you, frigging context is important. Or every "Archaean" here would be "Ancient Evil Temple", and "Great Heavenly Soveriegn" would be frigging "Big Day Venerable". Sigh. Depedning on context, that chinese character could've meant spaces, dimensions, realms, etc, and on this context, as the completly unrelated professional translator said, dimensional spaces seems fine.

Sigh.

Also, someone should make a new thread soon.

Dplio90 said:

So your going to ignore me... three times in a row.

It is stated that width, height and lenght are components of this space. Your arguments dies there.

The guy/gal you link only agreed that it could mean countless places, not that it cannot mean spatial dimension. An official, native translator claimed that with the right contest can mean spatial dimension.

Your argument is pratically throwing a dead horse at us, and expecting us to start kicking it.

okay´╝îokya´╝îi am triedÒÇé

µêæõ╝ܵê¬õ©¬Õø¥þ╗ÖÕø¢ÕåàþÜäÕ░Åõ╝Öõ╝┤õ╗¼þ£ïþ£ï´╝îÞ┐Öõ║øµÉ×þ¼æþÜäÕ¡®Õ¡Éõ╗¼´╝îÚØ×ÞªüÞ»┤õ©¬õ╗Çõ╣êþ╗┤Õ║ªþ¡ëõ║Äþ®║Úù┤´╝îþ£ƒµÿ»Úåëõ║å´╝îµêæõ╗¼þÜäÕ«çÕ«Öµÿ»õ©ëþ®║Úù┤þÜä´╝îµùÂþ®║µÿ»Õøøþ®║Úù┤þÜä´╝îµâ│µâ│Õ░▒µÉ×þ¼æ´╝îÕôêÕôêÕôêÒÇé

Dplio90 said:
okay´╝îokya´╝îi am triedÒÇé
µêæõ╝ܵê¬õ©¬Õø¥þ╗ÖÕø¢ÕåàþÜäÕ░Åõ╝Öõ╝┤õ╗¼þ£ïþ£ï´╝îÞ┐Öõ║øµÉ×þ¼æþÜäÕ¡®Õ¡Éõ╗¼´╝îÚØ×ÞªüÞ»┤õ©¬õ╗Çõ╣êþ╗┤Õ║ªþ¡ëõ║Äþ®║Úù┤´╝îþ£ƒµÿ»Úåëõ║å´╝îµêæõ╗¼þÜäÕ«çÕ«Öµÿ»õ©ëþ®║Úù┤þÜä´╝îµùÂþ®║µÿ»Õøøþ®║Úù┤þÜä´╝îµâ│µâ│Õ░▒µÉ×þ¼æ´╝îÕôêÕôêÕôêÒÇé
No need to be a jackass about it even if we disagree, especially when you refuse to see what we give you, and refuse to pay attention to context.

Nevertheless, have a nice day, and as you said laugh well at us with your friends, as long as you don't do it in the thread :)

Qawsedf234 said:
This thread (as of my post) has 452 comments when the cut off is 500. I would recommend that a new thread be created and linked before this one is closed.
Sorry, forgot to thank you for the warning :)

Give Matt a day. After that, we write on his wall if he still gives a single **** about this.

If not, we search for someone else to agree/disagree.

Nepuko said:
Before it, there was no concept of dimensions. It is the source and origin of everything. It created the concept of dimensions. It encompasses the concept of shapes and forms, while having none. Like it dosen't exist. It has no beginning and no end, while it created and contains all beginnings and ends. It takes up no space, but at the same time creates and contains ALL space. Exists outside of time, but also creates and contains all time. Has no place, but simultaneously it created and contains all places. It is infinitely small, and infinitely large. Completely unique, and completely boundless.

Now, compare this to the definition of 1-A :

Characters that have no dimensional limitations.

Basically, a being or an object which is outside and beyond all dimensions of time and space. This is something completely formless, abstract, metaphysical and transcendental. The usual scale does not make sense against a beyond dimensional object. Such beings can not be affected by destruction within the dimensions of time and space, or physical matter and energy. This "space" in which there is no dimension can be the background for any dimensional space. Within such a beyond dimensional "space", a dimensional structure with any number of dimensions can be placed, because there are no restrictions regarding dimensions.

Note that all tier 1-A characters have qualitative superiority over dimensional structures and concepts. Also, mere capability to exist in a beyond dimensional domain does not qualify a character as a beyond dimensional being.

There are two options in order to qualify for this tier: There should EITHER be a qualitative superiority over infinite dimensions; OR the superiority over the concept of dimensions (in general) should be clearly explained.

What else do you need?
test

The problem with your post is this one sentence: Before it, there was no concept of dimensions.

It wasn't present in any in-verse explanation at all.

Also, after reading all the supposed "justifications" the only thing remotely close to being 1-A is the mention of "natural laws"

If platonic concepts such as "life and death" are included ( need in-series quotes ) then it's very possible as Dao is something even above them.

Ravenous4th said:
The problem with your post is this one sentence: Before it, there was no concept of dimensions.It wasn't present in any in-verse explanation at all.
Also, after reading all the supposed "justifications" the only thing remotely close to being 1-A is the mention of "natural laws"

If platonic concepts such as "life and death" are included ( need in-series quotes ) then it's very possible as Dao is something even above them.
I dunno what could be clearler than it creating eveything, and creating all time and space. For me it's clearly implied there :).

And yes, there's "Essence of Life and Death", "Essence of Karma", Essence of true and False, Essence of Reality and Unreality, etc. Everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back