• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew_Schroeder

VS Battles
Retired
Why exactly, I ask?

I looked into all the blogs and content revisions for the series and I haven't seen any quotes from the actual series that justify it. In fact, the blogs and threads merely go in detail about real world Daoism and claim that the series is identical... Because it is apparently.

I also find all of the "dimensional space" stuff to be sketchy.

And no, the in-series explanation for Essence isn't necessarily 1-A.

Also.

"A normal Universe is all time and space, and the energy and matter contained therein. A space that encloses all matter and radiation. Also includes all living creatures and all things. So, 3-D plus space-time make a 4-D. And as it's proven there are infinite similar Universes 5-D then there is also the time-axis so 6-D. Then there is is the infinite dimensional spaces which copy all of this 7-D. Vast Expanse containing it all and being a superior realm is 8-D plus it another great qualitative change going beyond it. So, Vast Expanse is an 8-D Multiverse."

There is so much wrong with this claim from one of the revision threads that I don't even know where to beign. You don't get 6D just by having infinite universes with different space times. And adding infinite more parallel dimensions won't get you there either. The Vast Expanse containing this all only has to be 5D. That's all that's necessary.

Funnily enough, going by the same Content Revision, the highest layer of reality in the verse is simply described as so large that the Vast Expanse is just a seed inside it.

So really, ISSTH is only Low 1-C from what I'm seeing.

Also I'm seriously doubting the whole "Spatial Dimensions" feats given everything I see in the series proper via the scans treats them as parallel realities.

And how the hell does any profile from such an obscure series get away with little to no scans proving any of the hundreds of abilities the guy supposedly has?

Maybe best not to make a profile like this out of the blue if that was the case.

Also, if you look at the context, the scan which supposedly proves spatial dimensions is just the guy being awed at the size of a multiverse. He's specifically talking about how big everything is, not about dimensional axis.[

The context is talking about the Vast Expanse, which is described as being made of "many worlds and realms". Other scans talk about it being "filled with possibilities".

So yes, it seems far more likely that ambiguity arrived through the Chinese - English translation than the author actually going for spatial dimensions.

I don't see how that's a valid explanation. The series is long, okay. You still should provide scans. If you can't commit yourself to finding them, then you shouldn't really be making a profile in the first place.

Ninja'd

What was being questioned had nothing to do with the 1-A rating which is related to the Dao as far as I can tell.

You should contact the guy who made it if you haven't yet.

The stuff is up for debate but putting the verse at 1-A because it is "Based on Daoism" is out of the question.

First, when I was working on the profile I have made blogs which are on profile which are linked on the verse Page.

You can go to CRT thread and read it to see the motives.

Second, the so called hundred of abilities are argumnted in their Keys.

Third, they are not paralel dimensions as its state to be superimposed spaces, while for the paralel Worlds its has the quote about ghost Worlds imposed one over each other.

Fourth and the most important one, I'm on phone and cant bring any scans curentlty till tomorrow when I can talk freely on my PC as I'm will not be home till tomorrow at 7-8 PM. You can continue to debate it but till then I cant debate myself.

Well, for me till tomorrow is exactly 14.30 h plus till i arive home around 33h.

Someone that may be able to defend it till I get acces to pc is InfiniteSped if hes available.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Zaratthustra/I_Shall_Seal_The_Heaven_-_Dao_Explanatio

My main problem is that 1-A comes entirely from real world Taoism and not from the fiction itself. I can forgive you as you seem really into the series, and are a newbie here, but we do not allow cross-scaling between real world religions and fictional series no matter how close it follows it.

And I'm going to take a guess that the fantasy series about guys blowing up star-sized planets and destroying universes with their martial arts isn't trying to be very accurate.

The 1-A comes from those who transcend and become Daosource cultivators as they go beyond the Vast Expanse and become their own source of dao.

Okay but from what I saw the Vast Expanse doesn't show anything that requires it being beyond 5D. And even the "True Universe" beyond doesn't give much more either.

All the stuff about "Becoming the Source of their own Dao" is cool but doesn't mean much if you can't provide quotes from the story proper

I have provided them through different blogs or threads but right now I cant post them as I'm on phone. Like MyHero said the novel îs 1613 long to get it you would need to read it as the Dao and Daoism is explained bit by bit through the story or in this case through 4 different novels: Pursuing the Thruth 1484 chapters, Renegade Immortal 2200 or so, I Shall Seal the Heavens 1613 and A Will Eternal 1313. All 4 novels share the verse all happening at another point in time.

You cant deny its Daoism which is as real as the one from Real World which the novel is based on. It would be like denying all mythos.

This is already lenghty on phone, i can provided better arguments with quotes when i get my pc.

PS. The crt is done, the thead is not closed because it was suggested to let it open so people can talk about the Tetracota Soldier which is a separate CRT.

This is literally just TL;DR the verse. I did read through your posts and your blogs. All of them, and looked at the scans. The problem is that I'm not convinced, and I cannot in good faith just accepted that the Taoism in this is identical to real life religion.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Xianxia is just power escalation the genre
Oh yeah, it is.

Which is why I prefer A Will Eternal. Escalation is still there, but the comedy about the MC makes up for it. I mean, Aphrodisiac pills border on genuinely terrifying, but they pushed Hei Dawu's hand into making it.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Also cultivation just makes me think of farmers raising crops I mean no disrespect
I mean, AWE has them make a seed out of their essence and they have to make it grow so...

if I am not mistaken, everyone agreed with 1A because of the verse using a cosmology similar to that of the masadaverse. Btw, why 1B was not accepted?

It doesn't tho. It just based things around Tao but I have yet to see any 1-A descriptions.

And it isn't accepted because contextually the dimensions are just worlds and realms not axes of space.

"WallofHax" not like 90% of them are argumented if you look at his profile or can be seen on his different blogs but as usual people seem to ignore them. When I was creating its profile I brought as much Information as I could but if you remember (dont seem so) all admins said that it was too much info for them to read, all of them said that.

There are a lot more profile without even scans or quotes but you see nobody talking about them while for Meng Hao which had blogs nobody look at them.

It was at admins recomandation to make the CRT and info that I bring as compact as posible and little. Even the CRT was said to be much, only Wokistan had read it fully. Its imposible to not make gigantic blogs on this type of novels. For example, you can take a look at Xue Ying and see his profile is made from 120 word-pages with info from only 700 chapters. The novel has 1398 chapters using only one while for Issth ive used 4 novels each with 1300+ chapters to 2200 chapters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back