• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do have to agree.

I mean, look at Bai. I tried to cut the unneded stuff down, but it's still a lot.

And that's not even his whole book.

Size isn't an excuse. I revised the whole Elder Scrolls Series along with Ultima and we managed to only need two blogs.

They were still just as massive and most are unwilling to read those tough.

I am going through the stuff tough.

Size is an excuse when all admins says is to much. I wasn't the one who refused to read it all, i was the one who provided the info. You can read through all my posts about Issth and see that I was more than happy to get even more info or answer any question. Maybe it took only two blogs, maybe it took more or less but one is Elder Scroll a well know and very popular verse with books, games etc that is made in the western side of the World that use straight and be them complex or simple Cosmology that Works with this wiki tiering while the other is a Xianxia Chinese novel that is not a percent as popular as TES and is based and use Daoism Cosmology with people cultivating themself and comprehanding the Dao.

You can ask Antvasima and see how many Times i have asked the admins to help but they couldn't, were busy, said didn't know the verse, simple ingnored or the majority said its too much.

You said I'm a newbie here and I don't deny it as I'm more than sure that you've looked at my date of registration or post count or simple didn't see my name frecvently but that doesn't mean that I don't know my stuff. I have asked when I didn't know or talked on chat to understand but don't say or try to argument that I have tried to excuse myself when people just simple we're not interesed in what I bring on the table.

I am an Admin and I say it isn't. The Elder Scrolls is much more complicated than these Xianxia Wbnovels and I didn't slack of in my work and yet I still did the very most to make it comprehensible.

And calm down Zara, just because people didn't aid you doesn't mean you have a free pass. Right now I'm talking, I'm looking at the verse and the revisions and I'm making questions but you seem to think it's a bad thing? It just seems like you don't want the downgrade.

No, i just don't like the accusation based that I have not provided the info. I'm not sure 100% but i think i've asked you.

I'm very calm as I get very hard riled up. I never said its a bad thing in my post as it can be seen. The above post can be seen that I only argumented about you bringing "size and excuse" in discution not about revision.

I didn't get any Free pass and some of those that didn't read or read only a part reccomanded me to post the profile even when the CRT was not ready and then if someone has problems talk but i was not accepting that as I was stubborn to have the CRT complet which was once Wokistan and some said its good.

Again, I didn't get any Free pass as i have not update the profile beyond his first key without the CRT finished. Which was before the 14 days you said was the last post. The CRT was not closed as I have asked Antvasima if I should make a New CRT for another thing aka Terracotte Soldier which doesn't affect the higher Keys but he said that as people already talked there to post the second crt within the first one so people who followed it can see it as a New one will not have interes and its was proven right as I have a that CRT created separatly without having anyone posting something excluding 2 persons.

They talk about the Dao a few times in ISSTH, but I don't think there's anything exactly like the religious explanation. It's mostly about the personal Daos, but not, like, the Dao..

Regarding the dimensions, I actually agree. From what Meng says later, space only seems to be made of three dimensions:

""Space... is nothing more than countless threads, formed together into a patter. The patterns formed by those threads... are space!" Meng Hao shook his head, then waved his hand, causing a circle to appear beneath his feet.

[...]

"Space! He actually gained enlightenment of the Essence of space!"

Meng Hao's expression was calm as he looked at the circle formed by the thread, within which he stood. Then he smiled. "As for these threads... doesn't the Essence I have gained enlightenment of consist of more than just the threads themselves?

"Within these threads are length, height, breadth, and size. They are limitless, and that is space.... They are flat, but actually...." He waved his right hand, causing a thread to stretch out from the circle, and then pass over him. In the blink of an eye, the circle of threads was no longer flat, but had transformed into... a sphere!

"With an additional thread, it is no longer a circle, but a sphere, like a world.... It's too bad my enlightenment is insufficient, and I can't sustain it for very long." Even as Meng Hao murmured to himself, the sphere collapsed, and he sighed lightly."
Chapter 1346

He uses it mostly to turn his opponents into 2-D paintings. It's said that there's more than that to space, but I don't remember it being explained more anywhere else.

Not sure where they'd cap without using the religious Dao explanation. Haven't read the other novels, but with only the cosmology and explanations given in ISSTH itself, it didn't seem that high.

When I saw the title I thought someone misspelled SITHISIT.

On topic. I completely agree with Matthew, we don't scale real world religion/similar concepts/etc to fiction. There have been multiple times verses that have been extremely faithful to their real life religion equivalent like To Aru, and probably to a much higher extent, Shin Megami Tensei. But we don't scale them to it.

To Aru has Kabbalah shit but isn't 1-A. Doctor Who has the hindu gods but isn't 1-A. I've seen verses influenced by hermeticism, monadism, and a bunch of other weird shit. None of them we scale to anything in the original soure.

My apologies if I and the other staff members who tried to evaluate this messed things up. Sera, Azathoth, and DarkLK were all busy IRL, and we waited a very long time for help until we finally accepted the statistics.

I later received the following private message from a native Chinese speaker, who highlighted powerscaling problems with the "cultivation" trope of Xianxia novels in general:

"Hi Ant´╝î these days i have saw a lot of xian xia verse in this site and very glad to see that´╝îbut I also have some worries and I hope this pm will be helpful to youÒÇé

Because both Japanese and Chinese are native to me´╝êthanks to my family)´╝îi can read light novel and xian xia novel since i was a child and i know what exactly they are ÒÇé At this pm ´╝îI'm not going to talk about any particular xian xia novel ´╝îi will talk this genre and What maybe happen when it encounters the vsbattle systemÒÇé according the 1a part of vsbattle system dao and taiji´╝êor in Japanese taikyoku) is 1a´╝îI have no doubt about thatÒÇé

But i find some riskÒÇé

1.let me talk about what is xian xia novelÒÇé

ÒÇÉ Xianxia is a fantasy version of wuxia, and can be separated into two general categories ― mysterious fantasy, which is a broad genre of fictional stories which remixes Chinese folklore/mythology with foreign elements and settings, and cultivation fantasy, which incorporates elements such as Dao or The Way and yin and yang.ÒÇæ This is a direct quote from Wikipedia about xian xia novel where you can see almost all of them´╝êparticular cultivation fantasy) incorporates elements such as Dao and yin yang and from my personally experience´╝îdao,taiji,yin yang just pop up everywhereÒÇé To some extent you can think xian xia as Chinese dies but not like dies which is just a visual novel series´╝îthey are a genreÒÇé

2.I find you guy seems don't distinguish something like dao/taiji transcend a universe´╝î dao/taiji transcend a multiverse and dao/taiji transcend infinite dimensions multiverse which are all 1a because of the dao Or more fundamentally because of this ruleÒÇé ÒÇÉ or the superiority over the concept of dimensions (in general) should be clearly explained.ÒÇæ IMO This rule seems to have given xian xia too much advantageÒÇéthis rule is work well in western and Japanese fiction´╝îbut if you add the xian xia genre ´╝îI think maybe need to pay a more attention toÒÇé

3.what is problem´╝ƒ i think the problem is quantity ÒÇé because under this rule ´╝î there will be too many 1a verse which i suppose no one would like to see ÒÇé You may ask how many´╝îi can give you a number ´╝î250000 xianxia in just one web novel site´╝îcan you imagine 1000 or 10000 1a verse all is in one genre which will overshadow any other fictionÒÇéI personally like both light novel and xian xia novel and hope the rule can work well with the bothÒÇé

en ´╝îthe inconsistencyÒÇé there are some xian xia character who even cant destory a universe can beyond/stomp the dao and in some xian xia novel there are some universes or dimension ´╝îworld ´╝îrealm´╝î heaven or something like this which contain spacetime can also beyond dao ÒÇé if my understanding is right ´╝î1a should transcend all space and all time ÒÇé

so´╝îdo you think this is important or helpful´╝ƒI hope I didn't waste your time.

Have a good day"

So from what I got assuming they're 1-A is sometimes inconsistent with their actual showings. I think this just bleeds into Matt's point that we shouldn't use the IRL religion to justify the fictional ratings.

I think what that says is characters from that genre can easily take advantage of the current system which mostly works with Japanese and Western media. Even if some characters can't bust a universe they can still qualify for 1-A because of how the series works?

Pretty much, while most Xian Xia uses the Dao as a thing, it's representation is inconsistent across the genre.

Which mostly concurs with nearly any other often used thing in fiction.

So yeah, we (Me, InfiniteSoed, and Zara, and others that are willing of course) ought to go through what it is explained as and get in-verse reasonings for a tier.

That seems to be what the PM guy is saying, not all Xianxia stories treat the Dao as transcendence of the same level, some have it transcending the multiverse, others only a universe, etc.

Help to properly rescale the statistics would be very appreciated.

I think it makes sense. I agree that we should not use IRL religion to justify VS stuff. That being said, if these verses can explain the concepts of IRL daoism or buddhism within their stories to an extent that they have all the aspects that made the religious concepts powerful, then it should he fair to draw a precident for what the author is saying.

Yes, a lot of Xianxia novel treats Dao differently as they use it to their own cosmology. Some have Dao that is weaker that the Real Life one, some are stronger and some are exactly the same.

In ErGen verse (the Author) he uses the one based on the real Daoism. Reasons are that every instance of Dao used in the novel is always a reference to a path, a way of the Universe and its characters. In Pursuing the Truth, Su Ming (the MC) has come from our Milky Way Galaxy, our blue planet, our Earth that uses the same Daoism.

In ISSTH every instance of Dao is treated exactly as our from Mythology or Religion. As characters try at every instance to comprehend the Dao as you can see it's insights increasing with each realm. As Dao is treated and used by everything in existence as the supreme enlightenment, a drop of water gained sentience and became a lake by grasping it. It even gave to Meng Hao insight regarding the Dao which is a concept that is affected by his mind framework. As long as he believes something is real, then real it is as concepts are created to describe, explain and capture reality as we know and understand it. In ISS, the Dao is about understanding your path, your way, your dream, the world itself and the way it works.

As it was shown in A Will Eternal, the Dao is at the beginning of all and the end of everything, it's the source of all that is, was or will be. Essence can take many forms and shapes but at its core, it's the essence of them all.

In ISST, the Essence is the origin and source of all things be them real or not. Like I said above is about enlightenment through comprehending the world and it's Dao.

You say that the Religion is not used, but then for a lot of verses you use the likes of that average mountain is 800km (example) then so it should be in the fiction verse but it's not for Xianxia verse where you have to say Great Mountain 1700km in China, in the verse is hundreds of thousand of kilometers. You say Taikyoku System but accept that it's the same as our verse of being the Supreme Ultimate. You treat it as the route and source of everything but then ignore the Essence used in ISSTH which is the same.

You again ignore the fact that in Daosource you can create/destroy natural and magical laws as easy as breathing or how a simple thought can become Essence.

Yes, the Xianxia is confusing and can or not use the same Daoism as our but in their verse is as real as possible for them.

Like the author compared the Realms of them being like Dao.

Antvasima said:
Help to properly rescale the statistics would be very appreciated.
Like I said on my posts, it seems to cap on High 2-A or Low 1-C.

"You don't get 6D just by having infinite universes with different space times. And adding infinite more parallel dimensions won't get you there either. The Vast Expanse containing this all only has to be 5D. That's all that's necessary.

Funnily enough, going by the same Content Revision, the highest layer of reality in the verse is simply described as so large that the Vast Expanse is just a seed inside it.

So really, ISSTH is only Low 1-C from what I'm seeing."

What motivation would we use for High 2-A or Low 1-C?

From what I can tell, it's because of the Vast Expanse having infinite universes.

The evidence I've seen for that didn't seem too convincing to me though.

Honestly even with downgrades the profiles are a mess of unsupported powers and ratings and stats.

I don't think they should just be deleted. I dislike deleting profiles that can just be downgraded in both AP and Hax if the verse is legit.

But the hax is questionable, yes.

Well, the problem is that only fluent Chinese speakers can read the novels, and even then, there are over a thousand chapters...

I like that nobody seems to comment or argument my post. Also, what is wrong with the hax as they are argumented or said their motive 90% for those that are not the basic fire/wind/water/lightning/earth or in this category of basics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back