• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it just continues like this I see little worth in keeping the verse on the wiki if even the act of trying to make the page more accurate is seen as an offense by the supporter and it turns into personal attacks.

Matthew Schroeder said:
If it just continues like this I see little worth in keeping the verse on the wiki if even the act of trying to make the page more accurate is seen as an offense by the supporter and it turns into personal attacks.
I am almost always opposed to deleting entire verses for arbitrary reasons

But...

For once, I actually agree with this

The offense was taken by you saying it was a "free pass" and intuiting that I'm faking the information as it was seen that you commented without reading the threads.

As it continues you still didn't read my posts just the last one and even that I'm not sure if whole. I have explained fully in CRT the spatial dimensions. You seem to exercise your power of administrator by saying this " I see little worth in keeping the verse on the wiki if even the act of trying to make the page more accurate is seen as an offense by the supporter and it turns into personal attacks. " as I never offended you. You also don't seem to respond to any of my question/arguments addressed to you.

From what I see, you don't like something - not commenting on anything then comes with deleting the verse/profile. I may be wrong but from what you showed in this thread that's the image I have formed for you.

Zara the only thing I can see that you provided with those scans is that there is an infinite multiverse and some pretty good law hax, not much else.

You could argue that these two scans maaaaybe used for a 1-B cosmology. But you'll need to provide a little more than that.

No, its depends on the author and their cosmology. You may say World for one verse and it's mean Planet, you may say World and it's mean Universe. You may say dimension for one and it could be a spatial dimension or a pocket reality. It's all depends on the Author. If he wants the meaning of Dimension can even mean a room or mean something else.

@Matt Frankly It is you who seems unable to discuss a verse without needlessly being rude to the opposition. You were both disrespectful to Zara in this thread and made his actions worse than they actually were.

Can you try and not paint this situation as you simply calling calling out some bullshit and being unjustly attacked by the opposition and for once genuinely try to show some minimum amount of respect to those you're arguing with?

I did show respect. I started the thread fully respectful and it detailed as supporters for the verse seemed to refuse to accept that I was against it and started saying I was biased or that I didn't have the authority to assert my views and then Ren made it far worse.

It concerns me that an Admin failed to notice this.

And by one saying something you need to focus your attack on me or someone else? All I see is someone that can't control his words and control over his emotions. Someone made you angry and you find a target to spill the negativity that did nothing to you.

You say I've not explained or shown anything credible but every time I post or ask you something you just simply ignore me or anyone that asked something similar.

Can everybody here please try to calm down before his situation deteriorates further? I don't think that Matthew did anything bad in this particular case. A few people seem to be reacting to that he has sometimes been a bit rude in other situations, and brought it up here.

Antvasima, I respect you as you helped me a lot, but can you not favorize a party, please. I have posted scans/quotes/threads/the novels themselves. I have asked him questions or what he finds wrong with some of them, but Matt simple ignore like It was air.

@Zaratthustra

I am just saying that Matthew did not seem to behave in a rude manner here, not that I agree with him about the downgrade.

I still think that we should wait for Wokistan to help out here, as he is the only administrator who has properly analysed the evidence.

Kapekley23 might also be able to help. I think that he offered to do so earlier, but may misremember.

I had posts that were ignored for over 1h but then if someone said something else, Matt comes and talk. My post is simply stocked in the archive. Then what's the scope of debating or bringing arguments or asking the question if they are simply ignored. Wouldn't that just be Sisyphus work?

Zara the mere fact that I made this thread is proof that I AM NOT ignoring your verse. In fact you opened your defense in this thread by claiming that it was the Staff's fault for supposedly ignoring your threads that allowed for wanked statistics to pass. Blame shifting at its finest.

Now that that didn't work and you are posting scans, and I continue to disagree with you, you are making the baseless claims that I am in fact NOT reading the scans. Can you prove this claim? Of course you can't. Youre not here with me in my room as I write this post. I did read your scans and I simply disagreed. Saying that I am ignoring your posts and scans is simply showing concerning immaturity through a refusal to even fathom that anyone could disagree with you.

Like I have said in CRT, here and on my blog. I never used the superimposed dimensional spaces for Tier 1-A. it was the Dao which the novel is using and based on Daoism/Taoism.

Ren's behavior was legitimately wrong but for Zara you definitely didn't show respect. You implying that someone did nothing other than wank the verse and doesn't deserve to be trusted after they clarified that the revisions were only done after actively trying to get staff approval and clearing up mistakes genuinly sounds like you completely ignoring what they said and they have a reason to be upset.

And I don't think you realized your own fault in this situation and just took it for granted that you were in the right. At least that's all I can conclude from what I see. I am not going to fault you for the simple fact that you are frank in debates but you putting the blame solely on the other side for making the situation worse is something I do have a reason to be concerned by.

Zaratthustra said:
Like I have said in CRT, here and on my blog. I never used the superimposed dimensional spaces for Tier 1-A. it was the Dao which the novel is using and based on Daoism/Taoism.
Then post scans don't write essays about the real world religion.

For the record, Zaratthustra provided an awful lot of evidence in blogs connected to his upgrade threads, and then he patiently waited for a few months until Wokistan finally evaluated it. He is not shifting blame in that respect.

Point is, assuming the Dao is 1-A by default is a no. From what I read and what you linked, it doesn't seem anywhere above Low 1-C either.

Specifically In Will Eternal, Dao is just a term describing some thing's essence, like Dao of Life and Death allowing to make semi-real illusions and using the cycle of life and death to kill the enemy. Or Dao of time allowng control over time. Or people's personal Daos, like Bai's Dao to never let himself or friends die.

All in all, Dao to Er Gen seem to be simply what we use for concept. The very essence of something.

From what I saw, anyways.

It's not immaturity when You claim you read it but ignore it as you have proved by ignoring it. I have asked you a question of what's wrong with that, or what's wrong with the powers, or the hax. @InfiniteSped asked you what do you find wrong with the haxlist or which one you find to not look good? What did you do? Did you answer it? No, you ignored it and continued with your fixed argument.

" In 'fact' you opened your defense in this thread by claiming that it was the Staff's fault for supposedly ignoring your threads that allowed for wanked statistics to pass. Blame shifting at its finest. "

1. First, when I was working on the profile I have made blogs which are on profile which are linked on the verse Page. You can go to CRT thread and read it to see the motives.

Second, the so called hundred of abilities are argumnted in their Keys.

Third, they are not paralel dimensions as its state to be superimposed spaces, while for the paralel Worlds its has the quote about ghost Worlds imposed one over each other.

Fourth and the most important one, I'm on phone and cant bring any scans curentlty till tomorrow when I can talk freely on my PC as I'm will not be home till tomorrow at 7-8 PM. You can continue to debate it but till then I cant debate myself.

2. Well, for me till tomorrow is exactly 14.30 h plus till i arive home around 33h.

3. Someone that may be able to defend it till I get acces to pc is InfiniteSped if hes available.

4. The 1-A comes from those who transcend and become Daosource cultivators as they go beyond the Vast Expanse and become their own source of dao.

5. I have provided them through different blogs or threads but right now I cant post them as I'm on phone. Like MyHero said the novel îs 1613 long to get it you would need to read it as the Dao and Daoism is explained bit by bit through the story or in this case through 4 different novels: Pursuing the Thruth 1484 chapters, Renegade Immortal 2200 or so, I Shall Seal the Heavens 1613 and A Will Eternal 1313. All 4 novels share the verse all happening at another point in time. You cant deny its Daoism which is as real as the one from Real World which the novel is based on. It would be like denying all mythos.

This is already lenghty on phone, i can provided better arguments with quotes when i get my pc.

PS. The crt is done, the thead is not closed because it was suggested to let it open so people can talk about the Tetracota Soldier which is a separate CRT.

6. It was the sixth post when I said anything about admins not reading it. I have never started with that. I only mentioned it after you said size doesn't matter.

It seems best to wait for a few days and give Zaratthustra time to collect his evidence then. That might also give everybody some time to calm down, so they can make peace with each other.

And yes I used Real Daoism/Taoism as the Author used it as a foundation.

Xianxian means Immortal Heroes, novels/works/myths based on the real Taoism and its first works in this genre. Xianxian genre is based and its made to look as much as the real one. Where Buddhism, Taoism, Daoism, Ying and Yang, Gods and all its myths have come to life.

Xuanhuan is the one that uses a part of its elements with western one, being a work of both genres. This genre takes from both and creates something new, while Xianxia use Dao.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxUvD2TEeF8&t=3s here is an interview with the Author.

Min 1.47 - "I was very affected and influenced by classical Chinese mythology." after that he says how he thinks he can do better than those novels.

He even says later that he decorated his room to look ancient and closer to the classical Chinese feeling.

After that, he says that his novels feel ancient and classical.

Ps. I will bring some more scans to show you that it's the Real Daoism as that's the foundation of all Xianxia genre novels.

I have now looking to get the segments from the Videos of Deathblade the Translator in which he talks about Dao.

Look Zara, all of that is pretty irrelevant. There's pretty much nothing you can do to make this fictional verse scale to a real life religion, unless you make a CRT restructuring the way this wiki works.

You need to provide evidence from in verse explanations that they are 1-A. Unless you can do that it can't be 1-A.

Ricsi and Ogbunabali are correct about our standard praxis for verses that use a lot of mythology.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back